Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I have to registered suppressors.What's my responsibility if uncle sam comes knocking on my door? Do they get to enter w/o a warrant?Can I just show them the suppressors at the front door?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Never, ever allow entry without a warrant. No exceptions! Don't get baited into even answering any questions. If you've already been suckered into "registering" a suppressor, you should have a well-qualified attorney on speed dial!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have never heard an atf agent knocking on the door to ask for paperwork.

FWIW, I've designed and built my own suppressors for almost 2 decades now. I've never even been asked to see my papers.

No, you don't lose your 4A rights because you have a piece of paper or a silencer.

Best suggestion, don't answer the door for strangers. If they have a warrant, they'll let you know pretty quickly. Otherwise, you're not obligated to even ask "who is it" when someone knocks on the door.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Popo and the ATF are like Vampires, once you invite them into your home you have 0 protection. Don’t do it.

Swifty
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Ask if they have a warrant for your arrest, if they say "no" tell them to get the fugg off your property. If they don't comply call your local PD and tell them someone is impersonating Federal Agents!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sako76
Ask if they have a warrant for your arrest, if they say "no" tell them to get the fugg off your property. If they don't comply call your local PD and tell them someone is impersonating Federal Agents!

^^^This^^^

I told a couple of their agents that, about 10 years ago.
They wanted to talk to me about a gun I traded off at a gun show a couple of years before that. Told them I traded it to another Dealer for another gun. Then they said it was used in a crime. And needed to talk to me about it.
Asked them what kinda crime, and they said a gang banger had used it to off another gang banger.
Laughed at them and said, “Good deal”.
They wanted to talk more, and asked if they could come in. Wanted to know if I had any records of the transaction.
That’s when I asked if they had a warrant for my arrest or a search warrant. They said no. And that’s when I told them what Sako76 stated. Fugg off and get off my property.
A couple of weeks later, they called me and said they were “finishing up the “investigation”, and would I come down to their local office and talk to them about it.
Told them to Fugg Off. Never heard from them again.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/15/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Sako76

^^^This^^^

I told a couple of their agents that, about 10 years ago.
They wanted to talk to me about a gun I traded off at a gun show a couple of years before that. Told them I traded it to another Dealer for another gun. Then they said it was used in a crime. And needed to talk to me about it.
Asked them what kinda crime, and they said a gang banger had used it to off another gang banger.
Laughed at them and said, “Good deal”.
They wanted to talk more, and asked if they could come in. Wanted to know if I had any records of the transaction.
That’s when I asked if they had a warrant for my arrest or a search warrant. They said no. And that’s when I told them what Sako76 stated. Fugg off and get off my property.
A couple of weeks later, they called me and said they were “finishing up the “investigation”, and would I come down to their local office and talk to them about it.
Told them to Fugg Off. Never heard from them again.

They are far more emboldened now that they do not have to follow the law and there are no consequences for anything they bungle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Winchester21

I made both of our children watch that video before they turned 18 by making it my prerequisite for obtaining their drivers license.

I just had them review it as a refresher about 6 months ago. It’s really a great video and an accurate representation of exactly why you should keep your mouth shut IRREGARDLESS of your innocence!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Please watch this. It deals with that question.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Well that was informative.I don't think I was "suckered" into registering those suppressors,how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by savage2400
Well that was informative.I don't think I was "suckered" into registering those suppressors,how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?

The legal issue isn't whether you were suckered or not.

It's about knowing what your rights are.

Unless they have and show you a warrant, they can pound sand.

They are not your friends, and they aren't there to do you any favors. You complied with the law. If they think otherwise they can show a judge probable cause and get a warrant. Otherwise they are just fishing.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The legal issue isn't whether you were suckered or not.

It's about knowing what your rights are.

Unless they have and show you a warrant, they can pound sand.

They are not your friends, and they aren't there to do you any favors. You complied with the law. If they think otherwise they can show a judge probable cause and get a warrant. Otherwise they are just fishing.

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?

You purchase those things? Why not just make 'em?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have to registered suppressors.What's my responsibility if uncle sam comes knocking on my door? Do they get to enter w/o a warrant?Can I just show them the suppressors at the front door?

FFS!

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.