Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I have investigated, either as the primary investigator, co-investigator, or as part of a team, a significant number of shootings, unknown death investigations, etc. As well as attended numerous training schools related to the subject of forensic investigation.

Never, not once was the issue of whether the person was shooting handloads, reloads, or factory ammunition end up being a factor in the case, in terms of prosecutorial outcomes. Not one single time. This was also discussed with other investigators from various state/federal agencies throughout the country when attending training.

Not one single time did anyone have any personal experience with an investigation where that was the case. Again, not one single time. And we are talking about combining literally thousands of shootings/investigations. Senior guys groan when some new guy brings up the dang question and it eats up time during the class too, as it gets covered over and over, year after year.

New Jersey v. Daniel Bias was brought up. It is such a statistical outlier that it is not worth bothering with.

Think about this.

These are rough numbers BTW.

NJ vs Bias happened in 1989.

There are (very roughly) 15,000 homicides a year.

That would be over 450,000 homicides since the NJ vs Bias.

Yet handloads have not really been a factor in those 450,000 cases, so guys are digging all the way back to the 80s.

Someone who makes his living selling fear based propaganda and classes is not a person I would rely on for unbiased information.

There are far more important things to worry about.

Thanks. I feel better about my casual ammo management now. Seriously.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ayoob explains his vast LE and legal experience here, with a summary of what he's learned. For entertainment purposes:

https://americanhandgunner.com/handguns/lessons-learned-through-a-lifetime-of-study/

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not to completely rehash things but there's a decent thread here at 1911 forum. Discusses his video on mob attacks.

What's interesting - it's not so much about mob attacks but a lawyer's take on Massad and his history. Pretty interesting stuff if someone's looking to actually figure out if whom they listen to is worth it. Especially the difference between being "expert on the law" and an "expert witness" - Mas is one, not both. Guess which one it is?

Mas and Mobs - 1991 Forum

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Teal
Not to completely rehash things but there's a decent thread here at 1911 forum. Discusses his video on mob attacks.

What's interesting - it's not so much about mob attacks but a lawyer's take on Massad and his history. Pretty interesting stuff if someone's looking to actually figure out if whom they listen to is worth it. Especially the difference between being "expert on the law" and an "expert witness" - Mas is one, not both. Guess which one it is?

Mas and Mobs - 1991 Forum

Anybody with a brain will agree with everything I’ve said about him.

He’s a fugking fraud and a dipschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jwp475
It is serious. Rarely if ever talk out my ass. I know several police officers, and most have never been in a shooting. Is their advice good or bad?

What advice are you asking about?

Any and all when it comes to defensive shooting. Basically, the same type of advice Ayoob gives.

Yes a person can give bad advice regarding the use of force.

Any other brain burners?

LOL

So, you really don't have any answers just sarcastic criticism.

If you really need answers or advice on this subject, I'll leave you this. Seek training from a qualified professional. Do not seek or give advice or training on public forums.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This thread reminds me of all the people that asked if I was a doctor when I told them their “vaccine” wasn’t gonna do schit.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by johnw
If you really need answers or advice on this subject, I'll leave you this. Seek training from a qualified professional. Do not seek or give advice or training on public forums.

There’s more than one qualified professional that gives free advice in this forum.

But you have to possess the sense to recognize who they are and who they aren’t and a lot of people can’t do that.

That’s why people like Ayboob can make their living.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People lacking common sense and a functional BS filter would be better off to avoid the web entirely.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SargeMO
People lacking common sense and a functional BS filter would be better off to avoid the web entirely.

So what are you doing here?

LOL

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It used to be that old, experienced, wise, and opinionated came as a bundle. Nowadays any boomer with opinions thinks he qualifies.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It used to be that old, experienced, wise, and opinionated came as a bundle. Nowadays any boomer with opinions thinks he qualifies.

Ayboob set that standard around 1980.

Were it not for the internet, he’d have Delta Force on his resume’.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Ayboob set that standard around 1980.

Were it not for the internet, he’d have Delta Force on his resume’.

LOL 😆

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not much of a fan of the guy. He seems to be slimy as they come.

On handloads, I don't think the fear that he expresses is justified and that them being used against you is the wrong approach to the subject. I've read that handloads won't change a good shoot to a bad shoot. However, in the instance that the facts are in question, one is better off using a round that has already had the forensic data collected on it; ie: choosing rounds which are in service by a major agency to save the $40-50,000 it may cost the defense to hire a lab to do so for one-off rounds or hand loads. How true is this? I don't know, but I'm not going to penny-pinch for defensive pistol loads that I may only shoot a few hundred of in a year. Therefore any firearm I'm taking out of my home for defensive purposes, I don't use handloads; its either Speer Gold Dots, Black Hills, or Barnes 5.56. Inside the home, my state has such favorable laws that it really shouldn't matter.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
V
viking Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Handloads? Why yes. Have you seen the price of factory loads these days? if you can even find it.

No further questions….

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In other news, Frank Dux did not win 321 fights.

LOL

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
In other news, Frank Dux did not win 321 fights.

LOL

Next you're going to say he never won the "Kumite"

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jwp475
Next you're going to say he never won the "Kumite"

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Plenty of boomers have been calling BS on Mas since the eighties, but like in all generations, there's always gonna be enough gullible people to keep guys like him cashing checks.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,941 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.