Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Me being the curious type let me ask this.
How does this make Bill Wilson look being associated with someone like Ayoob since most thinks Ayoob is a pile of excrement.
Also since Hackathorn is associated with him how does he look?

Last edited by glockdoofus; 09/20/22.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jwp475
It is serious. Rarely if ever talk out my ass. I know several police officers, and most have never been in a shooting. Is their advice good or bad?

What advice are you asking about?

Any and all when it comes to defensive shooting. Basically, the same type of advice Ayoob gives.

Yes a person can give bad advice regarding the use of force.

Any other brain burners?

LOL

So, you really don't have any answers just sarcastic criticism.

"Yes a person can give bad advice regarding the use of force."

He did answer you did you miss it

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
How does this make Bill Wilson look being associated with someone like Ayoob since most thinks Ayoob is a pile of excrement.

Doesn't mean they agree with him.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My interest in Bill has to do with the pistol itself. Ken - best way to shoot the pistol - Ayoob is talking about the legal side of it. You can be legally wrong a 100/100 but damn, you can shoot well. I look at Bill/Ken to solve my shooting issues, pistol and manual of arms. I don't necessarily look to Ayoob to be my legal expert.

We all have friends we'd not take specific advice from on topic X but would on topic Y.

Me

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Teal

My interest in Bill has to do with the pistol itself. Ken - best way to shoot the pistol - Ayoob is talking about the legal side of it. You can be legally wrong a 100/100 but damn, you can shoot well. I look at Bill/Ken to solve my shooting issues, pistol and manual of arms. I don't necessarily look to Ayoob to be my legal expert.

We all have friends we'd not take specific advice from on topic X but would on topic Y.

I know that Clint Smith uses his reloads for his carry pistol, so he doesn't take Aboob's advice

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ahh but ole Clint has a bit of snake oil salesman in him too. Mouseberger??? grin

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
Ahh but ole Clint has a bit of snake oil salesman in him too. Mouseberger??? grin

One thing is for sure and certain Clint is a very accomplished handgun shooter with either hand

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not taking up for the weirdo. But Ayoob does hold a Master rating in several of the 8 IDPA divisions, so I'd say he's an accomplished shooter as well.

Gotta take most all those types with a grain or 2 of salt IMO. Some good info to be had from most of them Sorting it all out is the tricky part.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Master class in IDPA isn’t hard to do.

ETA: Even M class in uspsa in doable for a lot of people, and it’s way, way harder to get than in IDPA.

I’m more interested in match finishes than class rankings. I don’t care so much what you accomplished by showing up to enough classifiers and swinging for the fences as I am how you perform against your peers, on demand, over an entire weekend of shooting.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 09/20/22.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No, I read it and didn't miss anything.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
No, I read it and didn't miss anything.

You either missed or you are extremely obtuse

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Master class in IDPA isn’t hard to do.

ETA: Even M class in uspsa in doable for a lot of people, and it’s way, way harder to get than in IDPA.

I’m more interested in match finishes than class rankings. I don’t care so much what you accomplished by showing up to enough classifiers and swinging for the fences as I am how you perform against your peers, on demand, over an entire weekend of shooting.

When I was shooting sporting clays a lot - you had guys that were "Masters" or "AA" ranked etc but they got all of their punches to move up in a class at the same exact courses, usually local.

Get them off their home course and away from presentations they've seen 2000 times and they'd get their arse handed to them.

Show me a guy who made AA or Master class by hitting every tournament he could in his state and the 5 surrounding - that's a guy whose classification was a bit more legitimate - IMO

Me

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
If the fugger is a B class shooter, he's a decent shot. No matter home range or the Nat's. My only point about Ayoob was that he can shoot. Maybe not off his range or best every day . But discredit him for his BS, not his shooting. He can.

Dang it, discredit an IDPA master cause IDPA master is easier than USPSA master??? Give me a break.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Back in the day most shooting instructors veered out of their lane when they went from technique to tactics, many still do. FOF and combining firearms and combatives thinned the herd a bunch and the GWOT took the theorists out of the game but many are still faking it.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the fugger is a B class shooter, he's a decent shot. No matter home range or the Nat's. My only point about Ayoob was that he can shoot. Maybe not off his range or best every day . But discredit him for his BS, not his shooting. He can.

Dang it, discredit an IDPA master cause IDPA master is easier than USPSA master??? Give me a break.

A B Class shooter is a decent shot. And a B Class shooter has no business going around the country teaching people to be gunfighters. And especially not if he can't perform "off his range".

And it is fair to discredit an IDPA Master because it's easier to obtain than a USPSA Master. I'm both and I know first hand which is harder.

That's what ranking systems do, they rank people.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It ain't really his shooting skills that I have a problem with. It's his legal advice and his "expert witnessing".

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thinking that Ayoobs shooting ability was initially mentioned to verify his credentials for what he's preached. "But is that a issue for what he prints or speaks?" Even if he can shoot well or not, too which I believe he can, or once could, or even if he can't... doesn't really take away his ability to gather a plethora of data & history of shootouts, the aftermath & the outcome, form "his" opinion & present it to the reader.
Isn't his preaching simply based on gathered data of actual events, the outcome, aftermath, & repercussions? Not about his abilities as a warrior, firefight survivor or even match shooter. The info on the repercussions of is interesting for damn sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But he doesn't limit his teaching to that. This video is a perfect example of him giving terrible tactical advice based on his fact finding. He has an entire firearms training company built up around his persona.

Thinking that Ayoobs shooting ability was initially mentioned to verify his credentials for what he's preached. "But is that a issue for what he prints or speaks?" Even if he can shoot well or not, too which I believe he can, or once could, or even if he can't... doesn't really take away his ability to gather a plethora of data & history of shootouts, the aftermath & the outcome, form "his" opinion & present it to the reader.
Isn't his preaching simply based on gathered data of actual events, the outcome, aftermath, & repercussions? Not about his abilities as a warrior, firefight survivor or even match shooter. The info on the repercussions of is interesting for damn sure.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So, you really don't have any answers just sarcastic criticism.

I have lots of answers.

Ask the question.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's not what he does.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

624 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 79 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,311
Posts18,449,194
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.