Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Went searching and found the PSA boron trigger is on sale now for $59.99.... is that a good deal and decent trigger?

Only marginally better than a stock trigger...............& I o mean only marginally. You're wasting money if you buy that.

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Went searching and found the PSA boron trigger is on sale now for $59.99.... is that a good deal and decent trigger?

Only marginally better than a stock trigger...............& I o mean only marginally. You're wasting money if you buy that.

MM

With all the decent priced 2 stage triggers the NB coated mil spec triggers seem like a waste.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Bob. AR's are pretty cool. I'm always surprised with how well they shoot too. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually run RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Here's one I've been playing around with a little bit recently. Got the barrel from one of our club members. I'm just running loads I developed in different rifles, but it does alright. Here's a 100 yard group:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some groups fired at 400 yards. Actually the first group fired at 400 yards with the new barrel:

So yesterday when I was shooting, I was thinking about this thread and was thinking to myself that a good trigger really helps at shooting extended ranges. However, I would rather focus more on the target and form and other things, rather than worry about the trigger:

It was a little windier yesterday than the first time I took that new barrel out, but it shows some great promise. A good trigger is really something you shouldn't be thinking about when shooting your rifle. It either works great without much thought, or it's damn annoying and eventually gets replaced. You'll know when you have a chidt trigger. Just how I see it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Bob. AR's are pretty cool. I'm always surprised with how well they shoot too. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually run RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Here's one I've been playing around with a little bit recently. Got the barrel from one of our club members. I'm just running loads I developed in different rifles, but it does alright. Here's a 100 yard group:

Here are some groups fired at 400 yards. Actually the first group fired at 400 yards with the new barrel:

So yesterday when I was shooting, I was thinking about this thread and was thinking to myself that a good trigger really helps at shooting extended ranges. However, I would rather focus more on the target and form and other things, rather than worry about the trigger:

It was a little windier yesterday than the first time I took that new barrel out, but it shows some great promise. A good trigger is really something you shouldn't be thinking about when shooting your rifle. It either works great without much thought, or it's damn annoying and eventually gets replaced. You'll know when you have a chidt trigger. Just how I see it..

Good shooting that barrel is a shooter for sure..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Bob

Good shooting that barrel is a shooter for sure..

Thanks John. My old buddy (ex Air borne Ranger) is a damn good shooter and knew what he had. I think he was just being nice and wanted me to have it, since he knew I'd use it. He's almost 80 years old. When I saw him at the clubs last gunshow, he gave it to me and said we would settle up later. He's a good guy. On another note, that damn 300WBY that is sitting on the bench with the AR got its azz whipped by the AR. I really need to work on a good load for that rifle!!!! I set up 2 targets for schits and giggles and this is how it went down:
The upper target was the 300WBY with 178 ELDX. 3 shot group was still sub moa. I'm like you. I don't like shooting those pounders more than 3 shots in a group!!

That would still be deer or elk in the freezer. The same rifle slings the 175 LRX into about the same sized group. Not horrible, but could be improved upon...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I see the CMG trigger fits both the AR10 and the AR15, will any AR15 trigger fit a AR10?

Last edited by rickt300; 10/01/22.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
At any rate I ordered two RRA varmint triggers. As time allows I will put them in a couple lowers. Oddly my older AR's have sort of acceptable triggers, bit heavy and with creep but I can shoot them pretty good. Will be easier with a better trigger.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I installed the RRA triggers on two AR's. All I can say is outstanding. I also put a PSA "enhanced" trigger on another lower. The stock trigger was like three miles of creep, potholes and a curve. The Enhanced trigger made for a smooth letoff anyway and not too heavy as I replaced the hammer spring also. I really like the RRA triggers though, makes shooting consistent small groups much easier.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
👍

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well I installed the RRA triggers on two AR's. All I can say is outstanding. I also put a PSA "enhanced" trigger on another lower. The stock trigger was like three miles of creep, potholes and a curve. The Enhanced trigger made for a smooth letoff anyway and not too heavy as I replaced the hammer spring also. I really like the RRA triggers though, makes shooting consistent small groups much easier.

Good deal man. Some guys, myself included, polish the RRA for a better smoother first stage on that trigger. Some don't, but I suggest it, if you are really anal about the feel. That may be where the Larue MBT2S may shine vs. using the RRA 2 stage varmint match. If you don't, it will smooth out over time. No big deal. Glad you gave it a try though. I really like them. I believe Rost495 also uses them and likes them. If you bought them at Right to Bear Arms, they are great to deal with. I was shooting my AR with HBAR tonight after working up some loads with my 7mm08. Always a pleasure to shoot my AR's with the RRA triggers. When you are shooting, the last thing you really want to think about is the trigger.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The PSA EPT? I have a couple and think they are decent, well, they're better than standard forsure. Still undecided on the RRA, Larue and PSA two-stage triggers I am supposed to be testing.... Sidetracked. I have used the Larue the most and do like it.

Guess I have the RRA NM, not Varmint.

Did anyone try the PSA drop in from the op?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
The PSA EPT? I have a couple and think they are decent, well, they're better than standard forsure. Still undecided on the RRA, Larue and PSA two-stage triggers I am supposed to be testing.... Sidetracked. I have used the Larue the most and do like it.

Guess I have the RRA NM, not Varmint.

Did anyone try the PSA drop in from the op?

I've had a few NM triggers and do not like them as much as the RRA varmint 2 stage. You'll probably like the Larue MBT2S better than the NM. Those Larue's are great triggers, as are the RRA varmint match. Hard to go wrong with either of those 2.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Good deal man. Some guys, myself included, polish the RRA for a better smoother first stage on that trigger. Some don't, but I suggest it, if you are really anal about the feel. That may be where the Larue MBT2S may shine vs. using the RRA 2 stage varmint match. If you don't, it will smooth out over time. No big deal. Glad you gave it a try though. I really like them. I believe Rost495 also uses them and likes them. If you bought them at Right to Bear Arms, they are great to deal with. I was shooting my AR with HBAR tonight after working up some loads with my 7mm08. Always a pleasure to shoot my AR's with the RRA triggers. When you are shooting, the last thing you really want to think about is the trigger.

Well after having seen all the tight groups you have posted I pretty much take your advice without question. After running AR's for 50 years with "broke in" and some just lightly polished and respringed the 2 stage RRA varmint is a real wonderment! I hardly notice the 1st stage so I will let it break in. Yes I ordered from Right to Bear Arms. Fast shipping.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Well after having seen all the tight groups you have posted I pretty much take your advice without question. After running AR's for 50 years with "broke in" and some just lightly polished and respringed the 2 stage RRA varmint is a real wonderment! I hardly notice the 1st stage so I will let it break in. Yes I ordered from Right to Bear Arms. Fast shipping.

That's great. I love then when they are like that. My last 2 I ordered were great, but my first couple needed just a slight polish. Glad to hear it is working out for you.. My buddy who is in the local SWAT tried a couple of my AR's and he is ordering a couple RRA's today, as well.

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (35, 44mc, 2UP, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.