Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
MarkWV Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
PSA is having one on SALE.

$80 and it gets pretty good reviews. Enclosed assembly single stage, curved at 3.5#.

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Try here---- https://www.opticsplanet.com/timney-triggers-triggers.html Search for the make and model and caliber of the firearm you want to replace the trigger .

Last edited by oldtimr1; 09/16/22.

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All day, every day...................tried & true, best for the money, especially with a lighter trigger spring.

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
$80 a pop if you get 5 of them.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
All day, every day...................tried & true, best for the money, especially with a lighter trigger spring.

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I am MAGA.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM
Based on recommendations here, and a bit of research, I just got one to try and it's good stuff, excellent materials, machining and function.

Will be comparing between the LaRue NBT-2S , RRA NM, and a PSA Nickel Boron two-stage triggers. Haven't used them all enough to say much, however, it was after using the LaRue that I HAD to scrap a GI trigger where the PSA is now.

I really enjoy two-stage triggers on scoped rifles.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MarkWV

$80 and it gets pretty good reviews. Enclosed assembly single stage, curved at 3.5#.
Nice tip, free shipping too.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Nice tip, free shipping too.

That's a nice deal for sure. If it is comparable to the Rise Armament, it should be a pretty decent trigger. Between this and the Larue, I would probably give this a try. Personally not the biggest fan of the Larue.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM
Damn good trigger

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Probably not bad if you like single stage triggers. I usually just buy the RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger Right to Bear Arms always has on sale for $79.95

RRA 2 stage varmint match 3.5 pound trigger

Hard to wo wrong with that one and this company.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Back when I built more... I would watch a movie and break-in an OEM trigger with a few thousand pulls and resets (just the lower). Bit of Flitz. Bit of stone sometimes.

I have never had a fancy trigger...

Some 700s triggers from 805... but never anything special.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have been running one of the PSA triggers in my S&W M&P 15-22 for several thousand rounds with zero problems. Rim fires are a good test of drop in triggers as they require more hammer force than center fires. The PSA unit is identical to the CMC trigger (made by them?)

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
Try here---- https://www.opticsplanet.com/timney-triggers-triggers.html Search for the make and model and caliber of the firearm you want to replace the trigger .

If it was a $1, I wouldn't buy it from those lying ass thieves.

Optics Planet will never have anything I need.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Darryle

I agree..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Darryle

I agree..
After a CF backorder, I gave them a second, or possibly a third chance. Been about 12/12 perfect ever since. 😉

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll take a CMC Flatty,whether in 22LR,17 Hummer,17 Whizzum,223,224 Grendel,243 Grendel,264 Grendel,243 Win or 308(pretty much my mainstay chamberings in '15/'10 frames,as I've multiples of each). Hint...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM
This is a great trigger, especially for the money, recently bought a Timney and believe the Laurue is smoother.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I guess everybody has different likes, for me I wouldn't have an AR with a 2 stage trigger. my favorite is a JP but for less money these work very well
Davidson Trigger

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
After a CF backorder, I gave them a second, or possibly a third chance. Been about 12/12 perfect ever since. 😉

Good to know...

I also had CFs from them.

They shine on Glock barrels... or at least used to...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Been using a lot of the LaRue MBT’s. Can’t find any reason to not like them. Lotsa good ones out there.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

I guess everybody has different likes, for me I wouldn't have an AR with a 2 stage trigger. my favorite is a JP but for less money these work very well
Davidson Trigger

Do you know who makes that trigger? Might be worth a try & I like that it has screws to take up the fitting slack in the lower & comes with anti-walk pins.

I like single stage triggers as well as good 2-stage triggers..............just depends on the need & intent for what they are going into.

The OP asked for a good trigger at a good price & the Larue more than fills that niche & most people looking for cheap(er) triggers are usually beginners & for them, 2-stage is a better choice, IMO, than light single stage.

Most single stage triggers that are cheap, don't hold up well to use over time as they all pretty much develop too much creep to suit me.

The very best single stage triggers, IMO, are the Elftmann Match.

Not only do they not creep, but they also have a half cock notch (similar to a 1911) that I like for safety, on a very light trigger................but they are not cheap nor for beginners.

MM

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

I like a two stage......

Davidson Trigger

Do you know who makes that trigger? Might be worth a try & I like that it has screws to take up the fitting slack in the lower & comes with anti-walk pins.

I like single stage triggers as well as good 2-stage triggers..............just depends on the need & intent for what they are going into.

The OP asked for a good trigger at a good price & the Larue more than fills that niche & most people looking for cheap(er) triggers are usually beginners & for them, 2-stage is a better choice, IMO, than light single stage.

Most single stage triggers that are cheap, don't hold up well to use over time as they all pretty much develop too much creep to suit me.

The very best single stage triggers, IMO, are the Elftmann Match.

Not only do they not creep, but they also have a half cock notch (similar to a 1911) that I like for safety, on a very light trigger................but they are not cheap nor for beginners.

MM
I would like to try a Elftman, wish they made a 2S. I have gravitated towards 2 stage triggers, especially on AR. I didn't think I would as my bolt guns were single stage and couldn't see the use for a 2 stage, bought several Rise SS, and slowly moving over too 2S, more predictable and more control. IMO.
And appreciate we have choices

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!
If you can get one. Cheap, I'd get a Rock River. For a little more, a non-adjustable Geissele is the ticket.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnn
slowly moving over too 2S, more predictable and more control. IMO.
And appreciate we have choices

More predictable than cheap single stage, yes, because of the creep in cheap single stage's................ agood single stage like Elf are every bit as predictable.

But that's why they cost more too...................

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still like the RR Varmint 2-stage at $80 or so.

Now with even more aplomb
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JPro

Would you classify yourself as a trigger snob?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, probably a fair bit. I'm allergic to creep and won't tolerate much, if any. The RR Varmint is just about right for me for a hunting rifle, as it is clean and the second stage feels just a bit heavier than my bolt guns that are usually set around 2.5lbs. I don't know that I want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto unless it was some sort of a bench or competition gun. I've double-fired a CMC single-stage trigger on an AR, so I lean toward double-stage triggers.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

So do I.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Ghostman

Larue Tactical 2-stage

MM

absolutely!
If you can get one. Cheap, I'd get a Rock River. For a little more, a non-adjustable Geissele is the ticket.
I was not impressed with the RR 2S I bought.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, probably a fair bit. I'm allergic to creep and won't tolerate much, if any. The RR Varmint is just about right for me for a hunting rifle, as it is clean and the second stage feels just a bit heavier than my bolt guns that are usually set around 2.5lbs. I don't know that I want a lighter trigger on a semi-auto unless it was some sort of a bench or competition gun. I've double-fired a CMC single-stage trigger on an AR, so I lean toward double-stage triggers.

That's promising then!

I bought an AGT trigger after reading rave review. It's junk.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sorry....ALG trigger.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see why you wouldn't like the ALG - it's just a glorified GI trigger.

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I got the good one too.....sheesh.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

My exact sentiments. Most of mine are RR 2 stage varmint match. I posted a link earlier where they are $79.95. I have 1 CMC single stage 3.5 pound and Geissele SSA-E and I like both of them. However, The Geissele is a little too light for my tastes. I would get double taps with my AR10 Armalite, so I put it in a Noveske that I shoot right handed. That seemed to help. A very good trigger, but look at the price difference between that and the RRA. For an everyday use AR, I choose the RRA. And yes, I've tried the crappy mil specs. They are garbage, I won't use them. I've had Armalite national match, BCM nickel boron triggers (NPT) and Larue MBT2S. The MBT2S is an excellent trigger for the money, just as is the RRA. It would be hard to go wrong with either one. YMMV..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
H F! ⛽

I ordered a buttstock at 9pm from Optics Planet last night, shipped notice at 1PM.... Only because their shipped price was acceptable and stock (pun) was not limited.

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
When it comes to AR triggers, I'm definitely a snob. I typically prefer lighter triggers, with no creep. I've bought and used a BUNCH of aftermarket AR triggers, both single and 2 stage including: RR National Match, Larue MBT, Geissele Hi Speed National Match, AR Gold Adjustable, Rise Armament, Velocity, James Madison Tactical, Elftman Match & Timney AR PCC. Prices ranged from $75 to $280.

My biggest complaint with non-adjustable AR triggers is that few if any actually hit their advertised/designed weight. When I buy a 3lb trigger I expect to get a 3 lb. trigger, not 3.5 lbs. or more

Another pet peeve of mine with some brands and cheaper models is that many have some degree of creep before the break.

Having used both single and 2 stage I prefer 2 stage for my guns. The VERY BEST AR triggers I have in my guns are a Geissele Hi Speed National Match and an AR Gold Adjustable. Both are set at 2 lbs., have ZERO creep and do not double tap. Both are EXPENSIVE @ $280. It's sad that a good adjustable aftermarket bolt action trigger is less than 1/2 the cost but that's the nature of the beast, I guess.

While most aftermarket AR triggers are great improvements over stock mil spec triggers, I think many are overpriced and fall short of being optimum. IMO the Larue MBT and RR National Match costing $75-$80 are hard to beat and most shooters would be well pleased with them.

Last edited by Ghostman; 09/21/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went searching and found the PSA boron trigger is on sale now for $59.99.... is that a good deal and decent trigger?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'd get a hiperfire edt2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
Went searching and found the PSA boron trigger is on sale now for $59.99.... is that a good deal and decent trigger?

Only marginally better than a stock trigger...............& I o mean only marginally. You're wasting money if you buy that.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Only marginally better than a stock trigger...............& I o mean only marginally. You're wasting money if you buy that.

MM

With all the decent priced 2 stage triggers the NB coated mil spec triggers seem like a waste.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This is a timely thread for me. I'm pretty new at ARs- just finished building my 2nd 80 and it came out great, but the trigger is absolutely awful on it. I feel like I'm going to get a cramp trying to pull it while holding on target... wink Even with the crap trigger it still shoots very well- much better than I expected...

My first AR has a fair trigger, but not great by any means but it will probably get replaced soon also. Having two similar rifles with different triggers would probably drive me nuts....

Looks like there are quite a few decent choices in the under $100 range so my wife won't feel like I'm spending the grand kids' inheritance... wink

Bob

Bob. AR's are pretty cool. I'm always surprised with how well they shoot too. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually run RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Here's one I've been playing around with a little bit recently. Got the barrel from one of our club members. I'm just running loads I developed in different rifles, but it does alright. Here's a 100 yard group:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some groups fired at 400 yards. Actually the first group fired at 400 yards with the new barrel:

So yesterday when I was shooting, I was thinking about this thread and was thinking to myself that a good trigger really helps at shooting extended ranges. However, I would rather focus more on the target and form and other things, rather than worry about the trigger:

It was a little windier yesterday than the first time I took that new barrel out, but it shows some great promise. A good trigger is really something you shouldn't be thinking about when shooting your rifle. It either works great without much thought, or it's damn annoying and eventually gets replaced. You'll know when you have a chidt trigger. Just how I see it..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob

Bob. AR's are pretty cool. I'm always surprised with how well they shoot too. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually run RRA 2 stage varmint match triggers. Here's one I've been playing around with a little bit recently. Got the barrel from one of our club members. I'm just running loads I developed in different rifles, but it does alright. Here's a 100 yard group:

Here are some groups fired at 400 yards. Actually the first group fired at 400 yards with the new barrel:

So yesterday when I was shooting, I was thinking about this thread and was thinking to myself that a good trigger really helps at shooting extended ranges. However, I would rather focus more on the target and form and other things, rather than worry about the trigger:

It was a little windier yesterday than the first time I took that new barrel out, but it shows some great promise. A good trigger is really something you shouldn't be thinking about when shooting your rifle. It either works great without much thought, or it's damn annoying and eventually gets replaced. You'll know when you have a chidt trigger. Just how I see it..

Good shooting that barrel is a shooter for sure..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Bob

Good shooting that barrel is a shooter for sure..

Thanks John. My old buddy (ex Air borne Ranger) is a damn good shooter and knew what he had. I think he was just being nice and wanted me to have it, since he knew I'd use it. He's almost 80 years old. When I saw him at the clubs last gunshow, he gave it to me and said we would settle up later. He's a good guy. On another note, that damn 300WBY that is sitting on the bench with the AR got its azz whipped by the AR. I really need to work on a good load for that rifle!!!! I set up 2 targets for schits and giggles and this is how it went down:
The upper target was the 300WBY with 178 ELDX. 3 shot group was still sub moa. I'm like you. I don't like shooting those pounders more than 3 shots in a group!!

That would still be deer or elk in the freezer. The same rifle slings the 175 LRX into about the same sized group. Not horrible, but could be improved upon...

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I see the CMG trigger fits both the AR10 and the AR15, will any AR15 trigger fit a AR10?

Last edited by rickt300; 10/01/22.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
At any rate I ordered two RRA varmint triggers. As time allows I will put them in a couple lowers. Oddly my older AR's have sort of acceptable triggers, bit heavy and with creep but I can shoot them pretty good. Will be easier with a better trigger.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well I installed the RRA triggers on two AR's. All I can say is outstanding. I also put a PSA "enhanced" trigger on another lower. The stock trigger was like three miles of creep, potholes and a curve. The Enhanced trigger made for a smooth letoff anyway and not too heavy as I replaced the hammer spring also. I really like the RRA triggers though, makes shooting consistent small groups much easier.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
👍

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Well I installed the RRA triggers on two AR's. All I can say is outstanding. I also put a PSA "enhanced" trigger on another lower. The stock trigger was like three miles of creep, potholes and a curve. The Enhanced trigger made for a smooth letoff anyway and not too heavy as I replaced the hammer spring also. I really like the RRA triggers though, makes shooting consistent small groups much easier.

Good deal man. Some guys, myself included, polish the RRA for a better smoother first stage on that trigger. Some don't, but I suggest it, if you are really anal about the feel. That may be where the Larue MBT2S may shine vs. using the RRA 2 stage varmint match. If you don't, it will smooth out over time. No big deal. Glad you gave it a try though. I really like them. I believe Rost495 also uses them and likes them. If you bought them at Right to Bear Arms, they are great to deal with. I was shooting my AR with HBAR tonight after working up some loads with my 7mm08. Always a pleasure to shoot my AR's with the RRA triggers. When you are shooting, the last thing you really want to think about is the trigger.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The PSA EPT? I have a couple and think they are decent, well, they're better than standard forsure. Still undecided on the RRA, Larue and PSA two-stage triggers I am supposed to be testing.... Sidetracked. I have used the Larue the most and do like it.

Guess I have the RRA NM, not Varmint.

Did anyone try the PSA drop in from the op?

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The PSA EPT? I have a couple and think they are decent, well, they're better than standard forsure. Still undecided on the RRA, Larue and PSA two-stage triggers I am supposed to be testing.... Sidetracked. I have used the Larue the most and do like it.

Guess I have the RRA NM, not Varmint.

Did anyone try the PSA drop in from the op?

I've had a few NM triggers and do not like them as much as the RRA varmint 2 stage. You'll probably like the Larue MBT2S better than the NM. Those Larue's are great triggers, as are the RRA varmint match. Hard to go wrong with either of those 2.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Good deal man. Some guys, myself included, polish the RRA for a better smoother first stage on that trigger. Some don't, but I suggest it, if you are really anal about the feel. That may be where the Larue MBT2S may shine vs. using the RRA 2 stage varmint match. If you don't, it will smooth out over time. No big deal. Glad you gave it a try though. I really like them. I believe Rost495 also uses them and likes them. If you bought them at Right to Bear Arms, they are great to deal with. I was shooting my AR with HBAR tonight after working up some loads with my 7mm08. Always a pleasure to shoot my AR's with the RRA triggers. When you are shooting, the last thing you really want to think about is the trigger.

Well after having seen all the tight groups you have posted I pretty much take your advice without question. After running AR's for 50 years with "broke in" and some just lightly polished and respringed the 2 stage RRA varmint is a real wonderment! I hardly notice the 1st stage so I will let it break in. Yes I ordered from Right to Bear Arms. Fast shipping.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Well after having seen all the tight groups you have posted I pretty much take your advice without question. After running AR's for 50 years with "broke in" and some just lightly polished and respringed the 2 stage RRA varmint is a real wonderment! I hardly notice the 1st stage so I will let it break in. Yes I ordered from Right to Bear Arms. Fast shipping.

That's great. I love then when they are like that. My last 2 I ordered were great, but my first couple needed just a slight polish. Glad to hear it is working out for you.. My buddy who is in the local SWAT tried a couple of my AR's and he is ordering a couple RRA's today, as well.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.