Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Cremation, Got my camo urn on the safe waiting, its all paid for already.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
My preference is to be laid out for the ravens and other scavengers. Otherwise, natural decomposition in the ground should work. It seems fine in our pet cemetery. Wrap the dearly departed in a burlap bag and put them in the dirt. GD

The Parsi corpse is exposed to the rays of the sun, and the corpse is consumed or devoured by birds of prey — vultures, kites and crows," Mistree says. For Zoroastrians, burying or cremating the dead is seen as polluting nature.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Maybe Lenin style?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cremation for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cremated with a party afterward. Don’t get me started on the predatory funeral home industry.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by efw
God seems to care enough about my body that He promises a resurrection & glorification of it, and therefore Christians have historically buried their dead when possible.

So that’s where I tend to lean…

Are you suggesting that God is incapable of resurrecting a cremated body?

I did not suggest that in any way, no.

I choose my words carefully and said exactly what I mean.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by efw
God seems to care enough about my body that He promises a resurrection & glorification of it, and therefore Christians have historically buried their dead when possible.

I tend to think that if 'whatever is going to happen later' is incumbent on, dependent, or affected by what we do, or is done, to a deceased body, then we would have been told what to do with it.....

JMHO....

The faithful of biblical times were, when possible, buried.

Pagans cremated.

Is there an express command? Nope. Is there a practice that prevails in the biblical witness? Yes.

I never condemned anyone for any other view just expressed an honest answer to the question.

Originally Posted by efw

This, burial for me also

Christians never chose cremation, it was mainly the hindu way

I know cremation is way cheaper but I'll pay extra

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Asplundh

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Torch me. No religious side to it. I just can't see paying money for a plot. My wife knows where I want to be spread. I can live/die knowing that

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Blondie
Originally Posted by efw

This, burial for me also

Christians never chose cremation, it was mainly the hindu way

I know cremation is way cheaper but I'll pay extra

Not to disrespect your view...but how is that different than for a Christian who died in a fire and is similarly disarrayed?

Or is it a matter of choice of treatment of ones body?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Cremation Society of Idaho went to the care center, transported MIL's remains, provided the cremation, met with family in very cordial and respectful manner, and returned ashes in a cardboard box. All for about $800 a couple years ago.

I am sure prices have increased a bit.

There is uniform consent among our extended family that this company will get our business in the future as need arises.

https://www.cremationsociety-idaho.com/

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I want my buds to use me for chum for their offshore fishing trips.

With your personality, ya better emphasize the "after I'm dead" part.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cremation for me.
Wife and kids can make some nice jewelry out of me. Wife did that with her dads ashes. He passed from brain cancer and had some earrings made. She wore them when got married.
Hold on to my ashes in Urm. When they are ready to let me go, dump me out on my hunting grounds

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
My wishes are to donate anything useful to anyone that needs it and cremate the remains. I do want my ashes buried. The ashes are to be placed in a Dutch oven, either one of mine or a new one, their choice. I have a plot reserved in a rural cemetery where many of my family have been buried since the 1830s. It costs nothing to be buried there if one has family already there. Voluntary donations of no specified amounts are collected annually by a committee to cover maintenance expenses. Nothing is required. Those that want to, give whatever they want, if anything. I decided many years ago that was where I belonged. I have already ordered my tombstone and will have it installed later this year, all but the final date on it. All my family will need to do is literally drive over there with my ashes (in the Dutch oven), take a shovel and bury the ashes, and have the final date added to the stone. No muss, no fuss, and very little expense. Why would I want thousands of dollars to be spent on a casket, a vault, a lot in a commercial cemetery, embalming, transportation of my body, etc.? No one will ever see my body or any of this expensive stuff again after I would be buried, except maybe some archeologist 3,000 years from now. So, why make a funeral home rich? I would much rather my remaining family have that money to do whatever they want with it. I will be next to my father's tomb stone and near my grandparents and other relatives. My daughter asked if she could keep a few of my ashes, and I said sure. If someone else wants something different for themselves, that's fine by me. This is what I want for me and why.

Last edited by Henryseale; 09/17/22. Reason: additional info added

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm surprised there's no-one here nominating the Hunter S Thompson method - ashes shot out of cannon.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jdunham
Cremated with a party afterward. Don’t get me started on the predatory funeral home industry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

I've already made and paid for arrangements.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I told my wife I wanted to be cremated.
She made an appointment for next Thursday.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My plan was to be cremated and shot out of the sextant port of a C-130 halfway between NJ and the Azores. Now my ANG unit has C-130s without a sextant port. My wife and I will be cremated and buried near Highbrass in the WV veteran's cemetery.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m being preserved like Lenin.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.