Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 81 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 80 81
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, do you derive your knowledge of Jesus from YouTube videos?

Seems so…. Perhaps you should get out more.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49

The answer to your question is "I do not." Perhaps you need less religious indoctrination and to learn how to think for yourself.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Jesus Himself said the Old Covenant, the Agreement, was fulfilled. When a contract is fulfilled, it is basically void. In this case it was superseded by a new contract.
Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, , one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till ALL be fulfilled."

Better check your hole card, you may have mistaken a deuce for an ace.

Matthew 4:17 points to the real path to salvation when Jesus said "repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". John the Baptist said the exact same thing. And Jesus himself said John was "the greatest of them all".

Unfortunately, you cannot completely understand what Jesus meant in this passage by this passage alone. Even the disciples took some time to grasp it. Peter had to have a dream to grasp what Jesus was replacing. A little of that is revealed in the rest of the verses in Matthew 5 that you DIDN'T include. Can you understand that not only did the 10 Commandments NOT pass, but under Jesus' New Agreement that they were made more strict?

Jesus continued to attend the Temple after this. He observed the holy days. It wasn't until the Last Supper and Crucifixion that He gave us the replacement for the Temple sacrifices - His own flesh & blood.

Jesus knows we can't keep the new laws ourselves much less the old. We need Him, we need his sacraments.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Originally Posted by TF49

The answer to your question is "I do not." Perhaps you need less religious indoctrination and to learn how to think for yourself.

Seems to me that you shy away from “religious indoctrination.” So do I.

Let me propose a question…. The video you posted has a clear “religious” viewpoint of God. Do you share it?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This guy has an interesting take. Martin Luther summed it up as "Sola Fide", "Sola Gratia". Listen to the first 7 minutes, or so.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bistroe,

He started making mistakes right away. He says the Pharisees and he Sadducee's served God all their lives. Jesus says, "Do what the say and don't do what they do." He condemns legalism. We are either legalistic Christians or lawless sinners. Once we are saved we don't obey to get more saved. We obey in thanks giving because we are saved. Show me a person who claims he loves the Lord and does not obey the New Testament I will show you a liar. In 1 John 5 we discover, "The love of the lord is to obey His commands." Apparently he hooked up with the wrong "church" crowd. They confused him early on and now he continues to confuse new believers.

We love God because He first loved us. Then we respond to God by giving ourselves to Him in humble loving obedience.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Bistroe,

We are either legalistic Christians or lawless sinners.

Okay. If you can be sinless, good for you.

Christ died on the cross for everybody except Ringman.

Ringman saved himself.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Bistroe,

Ringman saved himself.

Your reaction is typical of those who don't love the Lord enough to serve Him. So you don't believe 1 John?

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Bistroe,

Ringman saved himself.

Your reaction is typical of those who don't love the Lord enough to serve Him. So you don't believe 1 John?

First off, you just judged me. Sin #1.

Secondly, I believe the Apostle Paul when he said in Romans 7-21:25.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So,..even the Apostle Paul, who God specifically sent to the Gentiles admits that he has a sinful nature.

But Ringman claims to be the only sinless human except for the Messiah.

Good luck with that.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Ring man

Do you love God with all your heart and your Neighbor as yourself?

Do your good works exist simply because they are solely for the good of others or because you derive pleasure from them?

Do you believe that you have arrived at a sinless or near sinless state? Do you believe that you have received a second work of grace? Are you a sinner?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So,..even the Apostle Paul, who God specifically sent to the Gentiles admits that he has a sinful nature.
Good luck with that.
So... even the "Apostle" Paul who makes the claim that God sent him to the Gentiles admits that he has a sinful nature.

That was pretty nice of him since he decided to jump in front of John the Baptist, Jesus, and all the real publicly chosen apostles.

He even got carried off to some level of heaven and had conversations with Jesus who forgot to tell a good bit of his doctrine during his 3 year ministry.

Then he got in such hot water with the Christians that the Romans had to extract their agent and haul him off to Rome.

There seems to be at least one Apostle Paul in every church.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Jesus Himself said the Old Covenant, the Agreement, was fulfilled. When a contract is fulfilled, it is basically void. In this case it was superseded by a new contract.
Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, , one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till ALL be fulfilled."

Better check your hole card, you may have mistaken a deuce for an ace.

Jesus was referring to the future Messianic Kingdom or the Millennium, His 1,000-year earthly reign. Israel expected the Messianic Kingdom to occur 2,000 years ago, but due to Jewish unbelief and the killing of Jesus, the Messianic Kingdom has been delayed until after the 7-year Tribulation.

After the Church, the Body of Christ, is removed by the Rapture (before the Tribulation), the Law will again be in force for believing Jews in the Tribulation, Matthew 24. During the 1,000-year Messianic Kingdom, the Law will be in force for the entire world.

Jesus will enforce the Law in His Messianic Kingdom, and Jewish law will be strictly maintained during that time, Zechariah 14:16-19. Every command of the Law will be enforced during that time. Jesus will preside over the fulfillment of the Law and Prophets in His Kingdom.

So all has not been fulfilled, including what was written in the Old Testament and including prophesies that haven’t yet come to pass.

The Law will be fulfilled when the old Heaven and earth are burned up (after the 1,000-year Messianic Kingdom). Heaven and earth haven’t passed away YET, but will according to scripture.

We are currently under grace, not under Law, but that will change when Jesus reigns in His Millennial Kingdom. Then Jesus will fully enforce the Law with an iron rod. Jesus came to fulfill the Law, and He ultimately will. That’s what He meant in Matthew 5:17-19.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We should not use the word obey to describe our relationship with God, mankind is where we are because we can't obey. Or truly be thankful or worship, saying the words occasionally isn't doing it. We pretend and beg, that's what we really do.

You can't con God like you can people.

Kent

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
So... even the "Apostle" Paul who makes the claim that God sent him to the Gentiles admits that he has a sinful nature.

Sure. How could he not have a sinful nature? He's a human.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Good luck with that.

That was pretty nice of him since he decided to jump in front of John the Baptist, Jesus, and all the real publicly chosen apostles.

He even got carried off to some level of heaven and had conversations with Jesus who forgot to tell a good bit of his doctrine during his 3 year ministry.

Then he got in such hot water with the Christians that the Romans had to extract their agent and haul him off to Rome.

I’ve never understood your stance that Paul preached a different message than Christ. I’ve had a lot of conversations with a lot of people about the Christian faith and as far back as I can remember you are the only person I’ve ever talked to who holds this view.

For the sake of understanding you would you mind listing out the bullet points of your view?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck with that.

Every human being since Adam has a sinful nature, probably even you!

Paul didn’t just jump in front of anything until he was blinded and divinely called by our risen Lord to become an apostle to the Gentiles. Then Paul was directed to the Arabian Desert by God for 3 years to prepare for his new ministry.

What do you not get about what Holy scripture tells us?!!

Paul was chosen and commissioned by God to become the light to the Gentiles after the Jews rejected and killed Jesus Christ, Acts 13:47-48

Rejecting Paul is rejecting Christ Jesus.

Paul was not an apostle of Israel, like the 12, but he was divinely commissioned directly by the risen Lord to be an apostle to the Gentiles, not the Jews, to found the Church, 1 Corinthians 3:10.

All church doctrine was given to Paul through heavenly revelation by God, Colossians 1:25.

Those who criticize Paul are not Christians. To criticize Paul is to criticize Jesus.

Paul preached what Jesus accomplished for us at the cross. Peter and the other 11 were apostles to Israel only. Rejecting Paul is arrogant apostasy, ignorance, and dangerous stubbornness!

Paul’s gospel of grace is the only way to salvation. I hope there’s at least a dozen Paul’s in every church, and may God in His mercy open your spiritual eyes.

God has blinded many, and they continue to this day to reject Paul’s teachings, 2 Corinthians 4:4

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
"Rejecting Paul is rejecting Christ Jesus".

No, that's ridiculous.

You have to say that about Joseph Smith then.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bistroe,

Ringman saved himself.

First off, you just judged me. Sin #1.

Secondly, I believe the Apostle Paul when he said in Romans 7-21:25.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

Sorry about you thinking I sinned by I judged you. Jesus says, "Judge with righteous judgement." "Don't give what is holy to dogs." "Why do you not on your own initiative judge what is right." "Do you not judge those who are within the church?"

So it appears you judged me incorrectly. Sin #unknown. Christians have an obligation to judge.

Almost every time obedience comes up someone comes up with all manner of excuses not to obey from humble loving obedience. We obey because we are saved by God's Grace. John says, "If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another."

Somehow wanting to obey the New Testament is the same as saying I am sinless? Where do you find that in the Bible?

Last edited by Ringman; 09/24/22.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Somehow wanting to obey the New Testament is the same as saying I am sinless?

In your previous post you only offered up two options.

Page 20 of 81 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 80 81

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,490
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.