Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimr1
I would bet that Ayoob knows more about self defense than anyone here.

That’s really doubtful.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
In my time in the military, I learned tactics from people who had never been in a fight but may have learned from people who had. Were they wrong to teach me?

AyBoob grossly misrepresented himself for decades.

Get real.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The 'Fire's village idiot calling anyone a clown, now that's really funny !

Remember when you claimed to be a gunsmith?

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the video and don't have an objection to the main thesis, but was wondering; is it even worse if you point a gun filled with handloads at someone? He wasn't really clear on that point.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't watch THIS video, but have watched a few of his others. He seems quite full of himself. He is, or was, a cop in NH (I believe). I'll cut him slack for his public service, but I don't seek out his videos.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by buttstock
Didn't watch THIS video, but have watched a few of his others. He seems quite full of himself. He is, or was, a cop in NH (I believe). I'll cut him slack for his public service, but I don't seek out his videos.

He was on the books as a PT copper in Grantham (y'all can look the Town up).
He started his career well before I did (about two decades), and I've yet to find a real copper with anything positive to say.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by buttstock

He's never been a cop.

He's completely full of schit and if Bill Wilson associates with him I'd never buy anything Bill Wilson.

The video in the OP is 9:00+ of horse schit.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LMAO, hell no, not even a no handgun shooting chithead like myself!

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are a few people in this conversation trying to tell y'all something and you aren't listening.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He managed to squeeze "booger hooker on the bang switch" into that moronic monologue.

That's gotta be good for a few thousand Boomer "likes."

LOL

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave
He managed to squeeze "booger hooker on the bang switch" into that moronic monologue.

LOL

Stop making fun of us boomers we aren't stupid and I thought the booger hooked was a piss poor choice of words

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Stop making fun of us boomers we aren't stupid and I thought the booger hooked was a piss poor choice of words

It's a generic term.

Not applicable to all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have mixed feelings about Ayoob. I believe he has a good heart and means well. His legal advice is mostly correct (in my opinion), but "mostly" correct legal advice can be harmful. Very harmful. It's akin to a submarine that is "mostly" free of holes.

As for the video in the OP, contrary to Ayoob's assertions, you do not necessarily commit "felony aggravated assault" or any assault if you mistakenly point your gun at somebody who is a good guy. In my home state we don't even have a crime called "felony aggravated assault," and there is case law on point that contradicts his other conclusions regarding assault vs simple brandishing (or "unlawful display of a weapon" as we call it here).

He warns us to be wary of "stuff you'll hear on the internet," yet he is the embodiment of that which he warns against--a guy saying wrong "stuff on the internet!" He contends his analysis is correct for all 50 states, but it isn't. It might be correct in some states, but there's no way to know which ones by simply listening to him.

Get your legal advice from: (1) an attorney, (2) licensed in your home state, (3) who has experience in the area of law in which you seek help.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Waders
I have mixed feelings about Ayoob. I believe he has a good heart and means well. His legal advice is mostly correct (in my opinion), but "mostly" correct legal advice can be harmful. Very harmful. It's akin to a submarine that is "mostly" free of holes.

As for the video in the OP, contrary to Ayoob's assertions, you do not necessarily commit "felony aggravated assault" or any assault if you mistakenly point your gun at somebody who is a good guy. In my home state we don't even have a crime called "felony aggravated assault," and there is case law on point that contradicts his other conclusions regarding assault vs simple brandishing (or "unlawful display of a weapon" as we call it here).

He warns us to be wary of "stuff you'll hear on the internet," yet he is the embodiment of that which he warns against--a guy saying wrong "stuff on the internet!" He contends his analysis is correct for all 50 states, but it isn't. It might be correct in some states, but there's no way to know which ones by simply listening to him.

Get your legal advice from: (1) an attorney, (2) licensed in your home state, (3) who has experience in the area of law in which you seek help.

Yep. Great assessment. If you get your Legal Advice from the Internet, your probably going to get what you deserved for being a dumbass.
I know most here love to run down lawyers. But having a really good one when you need one is priceless.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do not find any fault in what the guy is saying.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Slavek

Not surprising

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Waders

I find his legal advice to be laughable.

At best.

He’s a fraud. His heart is not, and never has been, in the right place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is he the one that started that never use your own reloads in a defense shooting because the prosecutor will accuse you of fashioning ultra extra deadly man killer ammo?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Is he the one that started that never use your own reloads in a defense shooting because the prosecutor will accuse you of fashioning ultra extra deadly man killer ammo?

Yes

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slavek

You don’t own any guns, Maser. Fuggoff Dumbass.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.