Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So, I'd seen these things on menus and advertised but never had one. There was a sample lady at the store today handing them out. I ate one and it struck me...this is just a stupid nugget covered with sauce.

Hey, I guess if they called them "soggy nuggets" they wouldn't sell, but GEEZ...these are NOT Buffalo wings.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You are correct!

PS check out your launch thread

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Looked at my current launch thread and saw nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
True wings with the bone are slightly better but not worth all of the mess and hassle. Buffalo Wild Wings boneless Garlic Parmesan or Mango Habanero are pretty damn good IMO.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If it doesn't have bones it's not a wing in my book.

I like the chipotle dry rub wings @ Buffalo Wind Wings. Made at home we use Frank's Red Hot sauce and melted butter. I also like to smoke them after chipotle dry rub. Fine eating!

I agree the boneless wings are sauced up chicken nuggets!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not too familiar with bison or buffalo, but I've never seen one with wings. They must be pretty common or there are some people easily fooled, because I have seen them advertised on menus. I've never seen a buffalo fly either and from the size of the buffalo wings I see in menus, I can understand why. Those wings are really small. Turkey wings are bigger than the buffalo wings I've seen on menus. In fact, buffalo wings look eerily like chicken wings. Now I've ate chicken wings lots of times. I like then fried, boiled, and barbecued. One of these days I hope I get to see a buffalo with wings, until then I'm gonna keep believing in them like I do big foot, the Easter bunny, pedojoe won the election, and Epstein killed himself.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Make a roux of butter and flour, then add the Frank's wing sauce. It's almost the same as Hooter's sauce. I like real wings sometimes when I'm cooking 'em at home, but most of the time I order boneless when eating out. Chicken is chicken, with or without bones. Wings are too much work for the reward- - - -I prefer thighs with sauce.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I'm not too familiar with bison or buffalo, but I've never seen one with wings. They must be pretty common or there are some people easily fooled, because I have seen them advertised on menus. I've never seen a buffalo fly either and from the size of the buffalo wings I see in menus, I can understand why. Those wings are really small. Turkey wings are bigger than the buffalo wings I've seen on menus. In fact, buffalo wings look eerily like chicken wings. Now I've ate chicken wings lots of times. I like then fried, boiled, and barbecued. One of these days I hope I get to see a buffalo with wings, until then I'm gonna keep believing in them like I do big foot, the Easter bunny, pedojoe won the election, and Epstein killed himself.

Or go to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

You haven’t seen a buffalo with wings because they remove them like dewclaws and sell them in restaurants. Duh.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Make a roux of butter and flour, then add the Frank's wing sauce. It's almost the same as Hooter's sauce. I like real wings sometimes when I'm cooking 'em at home, but most of the time I order boneless when eating out. Chicken is chicken, with or without bones. Wings are too much work for the reward- - - -I prefer thighs with sauce.

Wingstop will cook thighs, just like their wings, for carry-out. Just about perfection!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or go to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY...

From the Anchor Bar website.... I imagine they are good.

"They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup.

Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce."

You haven’t seen a buffalo with wings because they remove them like dewclaws and sell them in restaurants. Duh.

Ah-ha!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

That’s also the reason they’re so ornery.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Wings to Go actually take the meat off of the wing bones. Not chicken mcnuggets with sauce.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Boneless? Hard pass.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Whoever first successfully marketed buffalo wings is a sales genius. He took a chicken by product and made it the most expensive, sought after part time f the bird. I’ll stick with breasts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried them boneless. Not a fan. I like my chicken with a bone. Boneless chicken has no soul. I been eating alot of legs lately instead of wings. Seems the foodies and yuppies has run the price of wings up around here. Heck .I even prefer my beef ribeye with a bone , but I will eat a boneless steak with much pleasure.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love how we as a society accept legs as buffalo WINGS, but small strips of chicken breast without a bone is inconceivable. A weird bunch we are.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I know that many of you are joking about buffalo having wings, but the items in question are not the wings OF buffalo but wings FROM Buffalo. Buffalo, New York, that is. Buffalo hot wings were (according to locals there) created at the Anchor Inn in Buffalo.

As to those boneless abominations, many of them are made the same way as McNuggets. They inject a semi-liquid emulsion of various chicken byproducts and just enough actual white meat to be legal into molds, then cook them until solid. Then they bread them and freeze them until the retailer can toss them into the fryer. Yum, huh?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Whoever first successfully marketed buffalo wings is a sales genius. He took a chicken by product and made it the most expensive, sought after part time f the bird. I’ll stick with breasts.
I think the great depression played a part in how chicken wings became popular. One of my great aunts was said to have made great chicken wings back then because everyone was scraping by, and groceries cost money, which they didn't have much of. I think that was when they began to catch on with folks as more than just a chicken by-product. The famous Anchor Bar in Buffalo NY struck gold with their variety of wing sauces and things just snowballed from there. They certainly didn't invent them, but they sure have a place in chicken wing history.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Wings are too much work for the reward- - - -

Congratulations for being the laziest mother fugker on earth.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.