24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
Has anyone seen one of the new M&P Metal pistols yet?


Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
BP-B2

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,389
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 10,389
Nope... a local shop has their order in but no idea when they'll get one.


Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 48,113
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 48,113
I kinda really want one.


I am MAGA.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,137
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,137
Saw one at an LGS yesterday, didn't handle it as I was afraid I might then buy it. I'm a big fan of M&Ps, and Smith semiautos in general, but the asking price above the plastic version is pretty steep. I'll wait and see what happens with the prices and follow-on versions for sure, can't say I'm a fan of the introductory color though.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
Originally Posted by RufusG
Saw one at an LGS yesterday, didn't handle it as I was afraid I might then buy it. I'm a big fan of M&Ps, and Smith semiautos in general, but the asking price above the plastic version is pretty steep. I'll wait and see what happens with the prices and follow-on versions for sure, can't say I'm a fan of the introductory color though.
What were the prices on both plastic and metal pistols if you don’t mind?


Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC-A B3

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 107,343
D
Campfire Sage
Online Content
Campfire Sage
D
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 107,343
Interesting move by Smith.

Definitely room for success there.


Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless, tasteless and clueless as usual.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,137
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,137
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by RufusG
Saw one at an LGS yesterday, didn't handle it as I was afraid I might then buy it. I'm a big fan of M&Ps, and Smith semiautos in general, but the asking price above the plastic version is pretty steep. I'll wait and see what happens with the prices and follow-on versions for sure, can't say I'm a fan of the introductory color though.
What were the prices on both plastic and metal pistols if you don’t mind?

I believe the metal was between $820 and $850 and a regular 2.0 was mid to high $500s, so maybe $250 difference, give or take.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,933
M
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,933
I handled one Friday. It feels great. It is a little heavier feeling than my old M&P 40, but I like to think it feels solid! I'm going back to the store tomorrow to take another look...This could cost me some money....


Harry
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,763
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,763
Interesting for sure. It probably won’t last as many rounds as the polymer frame before a frame failure but the difference will be inconsequential to the average user. I bet it feels solid.

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,624
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by RufusG
Saw one at an LGS yesterday, didn't handle it as I was afraid I might then buy it. I'm a big fan of M&Ps, and Smith semiautos in general, but the asking price above the plastic version is pretty steep. I'll wait and see what happens with the prices and follow-on versions for sure, can't say I'm a fan of the introductory color though.
What were the prices on both plastic and metal pistols if you don’t mind?

I believe the metal was between $820 and $850 and a regular 2.0 was mid to high $500s, so maybe $250 difference, give or take.
Thank you sir.


Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC-B B4

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 119,492
T
Campfire Sage
Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 119,492
Apparently, it has a low bore axis to reduce muzzle flip. grin



"We'll Know Our Disinformation Program is Complete When Everything The American Public Believes is False."

- William Casey, CIA Director
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,933
M
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,933
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I handled one Friday. It feels great. It is a little heavier feeling than my old M&P 40, but I like to think it feels solid! I'm going back to the store tomorrow to take another look...This could cost me some money....

I went back and took another look at the metal M&P. After comparing it side by side to a polymer frame M&P 9mm that was also in stock, I decided to pass on the metal frame. There just wasn't enough difference in the way the pistols felt for me to want to pay the extra money. The metal frame was cut for an optical sight, but I don't really want one on this pistol, so, to me, that wasn't an advantage worth paying for. Still it is a nice firearm and I bet it will do well.


Harry
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
What am I missing here?
We've had metal frame handguns forever,
plastic came along and shut that stuff down! (Largely)


Now, we've got on of the most successful plastic pistols,
with a (revolutionary?) metal frame?

See it in Glock knockoffs too.
Gamer pistols mostly, makes sense there.


Where we cling to our God and Guns.

Between Pittsburgh and Philthy. The Alabama part of Pa!
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 24,354
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 24,354
Tupperware is awesome, but it doesn't exactly stir the senses.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 24,354
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 24,354
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
What am I missing here?
We've had metal frame handguns forever,
plastic came along and shut that stuff down! (Largely)


Now, we've got on of the most successful plastic pistols,
with a (revolutionary?) metal frame?

See it in Glock knockoffs too.
Gamer pistols mostly, makes sense there.
It’s a trend (seen the same thing in the motorcycle market), the market is correcting. When ALL modern pistols are polymer, there are going to be those who want a little something different, or just nicer. Notice the new Hi Power’s from Turkey, FN, and Springfield are selling like hotcakes, that’s an indication that not all metal pistols have to be a 1911. Diversification, why not have a more premium version of your standard pistol? If people will buy, why not?

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
Sales makes perfect sense.
Gun companies aren't in the sensible gun business, they are in the
"Make Money Business".

Just trying to understand the draw.


Where we cling to our God and Guns.

Between Pittsburgh and Philthy. The Alabama part of Pa!
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 107,343
D
Campfire Sage
Online Content
Campfire Sage
D
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 107,343
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Just trying to understand the draw.

The Carry Optics Division is huge in USPSA right now. There isn't a whole helluva lot differentiating Open from Carry Optics. Metal framed striker fired guns would (in theory) allow guys shooting Carry Optics to continue using an existing platform while eeking a little more accuracy out of the gun. I'd wager anybody that shoots an M&P in matches will soon be shooting the M&P 2.0 Metal.

Or, if you're just entering the fray it gives you a platform that should be (in theory) more inherently accurate.

Outside of the bling factor it's not something anyone would pay much attention to if they don't compete.


Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless, tasteless and clueless as usual.
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,038
A
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,038
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Apparently, it has a low bore axis to reduce muzzle flip. grin

I’d like to study bore axis with her.


[Linked Image from ]



Now, you’re gonna have to through hell; worse than any nightmare that you’ve ever dreamed.But in the end,I know you’ll be the one standing.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17,287
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Just trying to understand the draw.

The Carry Optics Division is huge in USPSA right now. There isn't a whole helluva lot differentiating Open from Carry Optics. Metal framed striker fired guns would (in theory) allow guys shooting Carry Optics to continue using an existing platform while eeking a little more accuracy out of the gun. I'd wager anybody that shoots an M&P in matches will soon be shooting the M&P 2.0 Metal.

Or, if you're just entering the fray it gives you a platform that should be (in theory) more inherently accurate.

Outside of the bling factor it's not something anyone would pay much attention to if they don't compete.


👍👍👍


Where we cling to our God and Guns.

Between Pittsburgh and Philthy. The Alabama part of Pa!
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,429
F
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,429
Metal frames out there for the P365 also.

I'll be on that, ever I find one in stock somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
662 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP


 







Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.054s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 0.9614 MB (Peak: 1.1091 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-12-05 14:29:28 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS