Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

A well done 7-08,will kick the fhuqk outta your 300 H&H...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps and the only way to connect dots is Mechanics. Hint.

Now even you "know". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

'retzs,

It's the first one I've ever seen. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I've done a coupla STW's and feel your pain. The 7mm RemMag has long been THE pinnacle,in regards to .532" most for least. Hint.

I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul now,by stealing 300 Whizzum mag guts from a CRF S/S 70,to poke in my 264 Kreed S/S CRF 70. Fhuqking mag box shims!?! Hint.(grin)

Nice having a "few" rifles to pinch parts from,in order to confirm a "hunch". Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TakeEm
My 7mm Rem Mag Barrel is about done. I’ve shot a lot of stuff with it, from Coyotes to Elk. Never let me down. Since most of my 7mm brass is also toast and everything is hard to find now; considering going to a .30 Cal magnum for the new tube. This was the same ol 7mm vs .300 question which has been done over and over.

I want to shoot a 175-200 grain bullet 3000-2900 fps. I don’t want to redline the cartridge as I have done with the 7RM. It’s a 700 action in an HS Precision stock with a Geissele trigger. I don’t shoot comps and shoot LR basically for fun at steel and stuff. The gun weighs about 9.5lbs as it is. I don’t notice the recoil. It’s a hunting rifle for open country deer 90% of the time. I have lighter rifles for Antelope and Elk tags are few and far between. Not interested in going below 7mm bullet diameter.

Considering.300 WM, .300 PRC or .300 RUM

Maybe a 7PRC as it will shoot the 175-195s 2900-3000 easily.

Maybe a .338.

The only one I have any components for is the .300 Win. I have brass and dies. Around here, .30 cal bullets are much more common than 7mm. I have a couple hundred 7mm bullets left. I need new brass for the 7RM. Barrels from HS are a ways out. I want an HS barrel. What would you build in todays crazy market. Another option is starting from scratch with a custom
Action and putting the 7RM back in its walnut furniture for retirement use.

What is your realistic max distance when hunting?
H-S barrels have always shot well for me, but I am also happy with Brux, Kreiger, and Bartlein. I have been using more Lilja and Hart barrels recently as well. Lot of good barrel makers out there.
If the 7RM does everything you want, why do you want to jump to a 30 cal?
If you want it, because you want it-Cool.
Personally, 7mm's have always been my favorite for hunting up through elk.
I have not hunted anything larger than that though.
I also use 6mm's, 25's, and 6.5's for deer and antelope, and I have taken some elk with several different 6.5's.
If you want a 30, get one-It is your money.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've had multiples of every barrel Maker thus far cited and more than a few which haven't. No excuse for purchasing HS,Post-Lon. HINT.

Now as to the evening's mechanics...it weren't so bad. Hint.

Empties fling,as far as one cares to launch and a 147 magfed Smooch is more than touch "comforting". Hint.

OEM 300 Whizzum box tossed in the Kreed' and a simple shorten/reshape of the Kreed ejector,completed the project. Midwest' had S/S Whizzum boxes in stock and replacement is on the way. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The lying big mouth no killin biitch, we’re huntin here, not floppin on mats on loggin roads, not shootin 1200 yards with fixed 6x scopes at train cars, actually real life killin. No imagination and pretend draw tags, not riding the “coattails” of imaginary “Pards”, some of us actually buy non resident tags, and hunt.

I’ve noticed you’ve wasted the best part of your season, continually running your fat yap, when you could be hammering alpine bucks. Guess kelpfed beach bucks, and spotlighted rutted up dummies are more your style… kudos hog neck??? You poor washed up worthless fuuck👊🏻

Fuucking laughing………………

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I do hear, you’re nice on the phone though!!!! Haha 😂😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

T
TakeEm Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Where I hunt, I can often see for miles. The farthest I’ve taken a shot at a game animal was 600 and change. I did that with a .300 WSM and 210 Bergers. I don’t care to shoot at a big game animal much farther than that.

H-S Precision is fifteen miles from my house. I’ve done plenty of business there and I know if something didn’t work, they’d take care of me.

When I say I’ve ran my 7RM hard, that means I worked up loads until accuracy fell off while getting the most velocity possible. If that means I’m dumb, so be it. Some loads worked up with were a bit warm looking back.

I’m sure .300 or 7 PRC brass will be hard to find. I currently have 7RM and .300 WM brass and dies. Yeah, I know 200-212 even 220 .30s can’t hang with 180 7s.

I kinda want a .30 just because. Dumb I know.

I did consider the 28 Nosler as I actually see brass for it regularly. Maybe I’ll see if I can find some 175 ELDXs and see if they’ll stabilize in my current tube.

I’ll say again if the 7RM can push those bullets 2900, awesome. The guy at HS told me he’s pushing them 3-3100 out of the PRC which is what peaked my interest in it.

Isaiah 6:8

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness,Lon Horiuchi wasn't/isn't worth a fhuqk,but HS hired him after proving same(Ruby Ridge AND fhuqking Waco). I drove some HS spouts and more than a few stocks prior,but not post. Hint.

The relationship of accuracy/precision to pressure,ain't lineal. Though more than a few disciplines,firewall same. Hint.

There's no "if" related to case capacity and the 284 Prick ain't fhuqking MAGICAL,nor of an innate ability to defy Physics,no matter what the nice lady said. Hint.

A Factory 700 7mm RemMag will HAPPILY stabilize .796 180 ELD M's,even at low tide,in the dead of Winter. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SuperKchunt,

A well done 7-08,will kick the fhuqk outta your 300 H&H...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Why? Bullets matter wayyyyyyyyy more than headstamps and the only way to connect dots is Mechanics. Hint.

I'm ok with that pearl of wisdom concerning my 300H&H. There's always something better. smile

The 7-08 is a good choice for a lot of hunting. The last moose I shot was with my 7x57 with 160gr NPs which is similar.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TakeEm
Where I hunt, I can often see for miles. The farthest I’ve taken a shot at a game animal was 600 and change. I did that with a .300 WSM and 210 Bergers. I don’t care to shoot at a big game animal much farther than that.

I’m sure .300 or 7 PRC brass will be hard to find. I currently have 7RM and .300 WM brass and dies. Yeah, I know 200-212 even 220 .30s can’t hang with 180 7s.

I kinda want a .30 just because. Dumb I know.

We are about two hours apart, as I live in Gillette.
I know Josh at H-S. Good guy, and he shoots good as well.
In recent years he has been competing some in PRS and NRL.

If you want a 30 because you want a 30, get one.
If 600 yard is your max, anything you mentioned will work more than good enough.
My next build is a 30 as well...300 RSAUM. I originally had a 30 Nosler or the 300 PRC in mind, but when it came down to what I wanted, they had more recoil for what I wanted in this build. Sold my 300 PRC brass, I think I still have the 30 Nosler though...
I already had a good stash of Norma 300 SAUM brass, and it will work great for my application (Center-Grip Remington XP-100)
Tim King of King Custom outside of Rapid, is doing the build for me.
Plan on using the 166 Hammer Hunters. Mule deer and elk mainly.
More of a 600 yard and under gun. More likely the 200 yards to 500-550ish yards
I have some big 6.5's and 7's if I want to stretch things out.
The 175 ELD-X has great accuracy for me in my 7mm Dakota, and have taken one mule deer, and a handful of elk with it.
Reloader 33 has worked great for me in my 7 Dak and my 26 Nos with the 147's. So far I have only killed antelope with my 26 Nosler.
The 26 Nosler and the 7mm Dakota are both center-grip XP's, so the longer barreled versions, will even have higher MV's.

Get what you want.

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My 700 Classic 300 Weatherby with 200 grain partitions is scary accurate. I liked it so much I bought a second one.

I also have a 300 Win Mag that shoots 200 grain partitions accurately.

Both with RE26 pushing the partition out the barrel. Although I have one larger rifle a 375 H&H AI, I would likely carry the Weatherby for the biggest meanest animals I’d likely shoot. (I’m too old to go to Africa on Safari)

If I could only keep one, Winchester or Weatherby, it would be the Weatherby.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A .481 BC .308" 200 grainer,is nothing but fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

I agree.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yup, if you're going to build a custom you might as well check as many boxes as you can. And there are better boxes....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not do the easy thing and make it a 300 Weatherby. It is a bit faster than the 300 Winchester and not the canon the big 300's are. You will get the most for the least with the Weatherby.

I am betting that somewhere soon, Big Stick will pollute this thread again, but needless to say, regardless of his interference, the Weatherby does continue to shine as a 300 magnum. It is also a great old cartridge developed in the infancy of magnums.

P.S. When all you do is shoot rocks and your mouth off, there isn't much left to do but post stupid findings with no history of even shooting anything bigger than a Sitka deer or a bear and conclusions from that can be successfully extrapolated to an honorable mention in the school of loser retards...

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
I have had about all the older .300s. Still my favorite of all. I would go with the Win. You have dies and brass . With a 26 in. barrel the speeds you are looking at no problem.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
schitsmell,

I enjoy how your Imagination and Pretend,so RELIABLY takes you to places that don't exist and how you like to prove same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep trying,because you are doing fhuqking "GREAT!",you AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Drooling Fhuqktard. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!!! Keep bambling/rambling you gargling donkey!!! 😂😘

I went 8” on my prc. No loudner, cut @24”. I like it.👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload img

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Why not do the easy thing and make it a 300 Weatherby. It is a bit faster than the 300 Winchester and not the canon the big 300's are. You will get the most for the least with the Weatherby.

I am betting that somewhere soon, Big Stick will pollute this thread again, but needless to say, regardless of his interference, the Weatherby does continue to shine as a 300 magnum. It is also a great old cartridge developed in the infancy of magnums.

P.S. When all you do is shoot rocks and your mouth off, there isn't much left to do but post stupid findings with no history of even shooting anything bigger than a Sitka deer or a bear and conclusions from that can be successfully extrapolated to an honorable mention in the school of loser retards...

Originally Posted by Bugger
My 700 Classic 300 Weatherby with 200 grain partitions is scary accurate. I liked it so much I bought a second one.

I also have a 300 Win Mag that shoots 200 grain partitions accurately.

Both with RE26 pushing the partition out the barrel. Although I have one larger rifle a 375 H&H AI, I would likely carry the Weatherby for the biggest meanest animals I’d likely shoot. (I’m too old to go to Africa on Safari)

If I could only keep one, Winchester or Weatherby, it would be the Weatherby.

I agree...^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
beezer'

Any "luck" with stuffing them 108's...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.