Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
After all the remarks about Ayoob what do the people on here think about Martin Fackler and Duncan MacPherson and their studies?
Legitimate or snake oil? Worthy of ones undivided attention on the particulars of worthy calibers for self defense?
This is not about Masaad Ayoob.
It is about Fackler and MacPherson.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 09/19/22.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I dont know who they are, but was just thinking of all the bashers of Ayoob, none have really stepped up and said who the "correct person" is to do What Ayoob does. The most common thread has tended towards unless that person has been in many gunfights and is super cop, they arent fit to teach someone.

The Ayoob thread seems to have sunken into a few people calling each other names and comments about hair pieces.

Last edited by hikerbum; 09/19/22.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
^^^^^ As usual

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hikerbum
I dont know who they are, but was just thinking of all the bashers of Ayoob, none have really stepped up and said who the "correct person" is to do What Ayoob does. The most common thread has tended towards unless that person has been in many gunfights and is super cop, they arent fit to teach someone.

The Ayoob thread seems to have sunken into a few people calling each other names and comments about hair pieces.

The criticism of Ayoob is that he claims to be something that he is not. Why would you rely on advice from a person with phoney credentials and is a liar?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Ayoob knows what works in court, which is a specialty all its own. If you need that, then there's nobody better.

MacPherson and Fackler are reliable. Fortunately, the FBI Ammunition Testing Protocols have pretty much eliminated most of the debate about bullet effectiveness that were their area of expertise.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by okie john
Ayoob knows what works in court, which is a specialty all its own. If you need that, then there's nobody better.
Okie John

Can you back that up with a reference other than Aboob himself saying how good he is

Last edited by jwp475; 09/19/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
After all the remarks about Ayoob what do the people on here think about Martin Fackler and Duncan MacPherson and their studies?
Legitimate or snake oil? Worthy of ones undivided attention on the particulars of worthy calibers for self defense?
This is not about Masaad Ayoob.
It is about Fackler and MacPherson.

Fackler and McPherson were both very scientific in their approach to wound ballistics.

Ayoob is a self appointed self claimed expert

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,486
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.