-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a customer when I was in the Gun Industry that got a $35k a month allowance. His Dad was some type of Trucking Co magnate. He was always broke at the end of the month and sold most of his guns.
I think he finally offed his self by drug overdose.

Had another couple of TX Oil Business trust funders.
One got like $10K per month and the other one probably $20k

One of those two ended up becoming one of my best friends.
One of the best guys I’ve ever known. Lived to hunt & fish.
Unfortunately he dropped dead at an early age from a heart attack.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/18/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
My old man always said he wished he was born rich instead of so gawd damn good looking lol.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No but my wife provides everything since I quit working.

It’a a pretty good gig.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

In the reverse direction, a fool and his money soon part.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image]

In the reverse direction, a fool and his money soon part.
I’m no statistician but that graph seems to indicates that both income and net worth increase with IQ…

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Known a few trustafarians, never for more than a couple years.

Fun folks with a pile of free time, good skiing friends.

People that have never known hardship come across as shallow after a bit.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Spent my first two years in college on a campus full of them...

all NY Jewish kids....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nope

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Dozens of them in this town. Most of the time grandpa was a successful oil entrepreneur, daddy is in the family business, but no where as smart as his dad, and the third generation just lives off the $.

That’s not to say there’s a few around town that are grinding out their own paths.

One of my best friends down here is a trust funder. To this day he doesn’t believe I grew up with 4 channels on the TV.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've known some rich people. Net worth just under a billion. B not M.

They all worked and worked hard even if it wasn't in the fam business. Don't know any that had an "allowance" of sorts.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
when I had an occupation, I used to say "Thanks God for rich people, if it werent for them I could stay home and starve".

.... like tears in the rain
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Got this guy in his early 40s I run into a couple times a week. Was adopted by some rich folks when he was younger. He gets whatever he wants. He was given 400k just as a graduation present. All bills are taken care of etc, only thing he buys is alcohol...starts drinking about 3pm and doesnt stop til sometimes 3am. Wife has been putting up with it because of the money involved, she likes her country club lifestyle plus I think she's just waiting on him to kick the bucket due to his large life insurance policies. Been dropping 12k for a month long summer camp for his daughter every year. Honestly, its probably a good break for her to not be around him. Joker cries broke all the time, wants you to think he's poor. One month he said his bartab at the country club was 1400.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My BIL s last wife was ultra wealthy. Her dad started an Ag Chemical company out of his garage and has several big chemical manufacturing facilities. They had one daughter and the.other sister had one son. They are both worthless.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've known a few Ho Chunk that stood to receive something like $200K from the tribe for turning 18 AND graduating HS. Couple just couldn't work the graduation part into their busy schedule, lol.

Don't know him well, but know through a good friend a guy thats set for life by virtue of being born. Nice enough guy the two or three times I've been around him but he doesn't 'get it'. Knocked up two girls within months of each other. The one he chose to marry is a nightmare of a human and the less attractive to boot. The other is living in a house provided by Daddy with a monthly allowance, with the stipulation she and the kid stay away and don't exist. Guy has zero contact with his young son, never met him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
By no means do I share this story with any pride, but its about the only trust-fund types I've ever known.

My great uncle was a literal billionaire. His kid were the trust-fund types. I'd only met them once or twice, but they were much to good for us. They were into riding and had an urban farm full of $250,000+ horses. He made his money in trucking initially back in the 1950s and 1960s--diversified in other forms transportation and made his money continue to grow.

My grandfather was his partner initially. My grandfather did all the driving when they were starting out. My grandfather, a WWII Navy veteran who took shore-leave in Nagasaki a few days after the bomb was dropped, got very ill with cancer in around 1962 and was unable to work, but still owned half the business. While he was getting cancer treatment, my great uncle transferred all the assets and shut down the partnership. I believe my grandfather died in 1963. Supposedly, on his death bed, he asked him to take care of my father who was seven years old at the time. Ironically, the entire time my great uncle was having an affair with my dad's mother. She had actually planned to divorce my grandfather and run off with his brother, but once he was diagnosed with cancer she thought it would be in poor taste to have him served then so she waited him out until he died. My great uncle didn't wait for her and moved on. My father's mother ended up being quite the.....shall we say, promiscuous creature. My father was living independently by the time he was 14 years old while his mother ran off. I believe my parents married when they were 16 or 17 years old and they made a life for themselves and were quite successful for a couple of kids that more or less raised themselves. I don't think my father saw his uncle from 1963 until about 1996 at a family reunion, where I met him for the first time.

I never wanted nor received a dime from that man. Neither did my father. My father's sister and her kids did take money from him and kissed his ass. I believe he put those kids through college. The rumor around my hometown was that my great uncle was her biological father.

The last I heard was after he died, the kids have sold off most of the interest he had and spent a vast majority of the money he acquired, but I really don't know for sure and frankly don't give a damn.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went to school with a lot of them, didn't really hang out with any of them.

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We have one running Canada right now—it’s a mess.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have know a few over the years. some you would have thought that they were beggars.

some from hi to low in what they received monthly.

$1,600,000
$1,000,000
$900,000
$50,000
$40,000

the one with the larger amount was continually being hit up for money from clubs and charities. I bump into him every year and we chat a bit.

the one on the lower end, like to collect vehicles.

the only jerk in the group was the one who was second from the top in money received monthly.

Last edited by Bwana338; 09/19/22.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
efw ruined the thread, OMG that music makes me sick. smile

drop point, as they say, you can pick your friends but not your family.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 257_X_50, 39 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,411
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.