Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by norm99
i had a doctor appointment and one of the question i asked was when will i die. we sat down together and used a calculator to predict my demise.

according to https://depts.washington.edu/shfm/app.php?width=1536&height=864

in 5 years my probability of dying goes to 85% (which means 100%) , how about you and what am i supposed to do?

how old r u now

well i am 76, probably shoiuld have been dead 7 or 8 times already, cancer 3 times ,still fight it , 2 heart attacks, run over by a stud horse , bucked off ,dove off. 2 serious truck accidents .
run over by a bunch of logs rolling down a hillside, plus a few other incidents. just get up and keep going , my mom left this world at 3 months shy of 100 ,will i make it?????????

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The day I realize I’m surviving, not living, I’m driving out into the mountains, walking a few miles, sitting down and eating a 158gr .357 mag. My terms.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sad eating a bullet, I went thru that with my grandma some 50 some year's ago. Never ever do that to your family. Go sit in the woods and die on your time

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For me,
I wouldn’t wait and see what happens if I had 5 years left.

I’d Make sure my will, estate, inheritance is in order.
Go do the things you always wanted to do.
Take your kids on a Family trip to Hawaii. Hunting trip to Alaska or Africa or New Zealand. Things like that.
You can’t take that money to the grave and you don’t want to be the richest guy in the cemetery.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
The average life expectancy fit males in the US in 2022 is 78 years and a little change. Your 69, in 5 years you'll be 74. At that point you're +/- 95% of the way there. Anything after that is a bonus. Not sure what you thought your odds would be, and I doubt you would need a doctor to figure that out for you unless you have a terminal condition. Keep in mind that life on earth is a terminal condition.
What you do between now and then is up to you. That's the thing about death.
I figure you can hide in the corner and wait for it. Or you can make it run you down and earn it.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I don't believe in any types of calculations. According to that carp, I should have died in Vietnam, or on any one of the couple of hundred wildfires I worked. A family history of alcohol,dementia, and heart issues of which I have none. You have more health issues but don't get set on a date, do what you want within reason and enjoy every day you can. Your time will come in due time.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Interesting study.

DuckDuckGo:

Gly-nac Supplement study.

Longevity, quality of life, etc.

does it cure the deadly Covid virus ol toot?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
i had a doctor appointment and one of the question i asked was when will i die. we sat down together and used a calculator to predict my demise.

in 5 years my probability of dying goes to 85% (which means 100%) , how about you and what am i supposed to do?

The day I rely on some MD to tell me exactly when I'm crossing over and I buy it
is the day I admit I've given up. Knuckle up and smarten up, sadiqaa.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by reivertom
I plan to be shot by a jealous boyfriend when I'm 104.

Yours or hers?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"in 5 years my probability of dying goes to 85% (which means 100%) , how about you and what am i supposed to do?"

First off, quit worrying about it. Lightning could strike tou tomorrow. You could be a in car wreck any day now, mugged and murdered. When it's your time, you ain't got one damn thing to say about it.

January 2, 2020 I was in a bad wreck in my pickup truck . I damn near died, but I didn't. My sternum was broken in four placed and my heart badly bruised. But I survived.
February 27, 2021 I had a heart attack. Cause was believed to be due to damage from the wreck. I survived again.

In March of this year I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. I'm fighting it and I'm gonna beat the hell outof it. BTW, I'm 84 years old. I'd consider myself damned lucky it I knew I was gonna have five more years. I've always thought some jealous husband would be the cause of my demise. One came close.

My standing joke is."Heaven won't allow me in and hell is afraid I'll take over." What keeps me going is my sense of humor. As long as you have that, you're laughing in the face of old Mr Death. Death is inevitable. Enjoy every day you have left. When I wake up in the morning, I reach up and if I don't have something blocking my hands, I know I made it through another night. You can do the same. If I go tonight, it won't hurt my feelings. If I have another five or even ten years I'll just thank God for the time and live the best way I know how.

That's my two cents worth Take it or leave it.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Live every day like it's your last one on the top side of the grass. Plan, hope, and dream like you've got another 50 years to go. Anything in between is good.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one is more accurate in my opinion. I have various family members who have reached their milestones and barring some unforeseen issue I think I can match that.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Do the same thing everyone should do: LIVE. Get the "f" out there and do the things that give your life meaning. If you're far enough out there and going at it fast enough, a) death may not be able to find or catch you and b) you may forget to fall over.

When I was 10-ish, I was told I'd die when I was 34. I lived 'til I finished 33 thinking I was f-ing bulletproof, spent a year looking over my shoulder, and treated every day since .. 24 years .. like a gift I never expected to receive.

My advice .. stay the "f" away from ouija boards. Whether demon-possessed, devil-derived, or merely "gack", the notions they can put in our heads are evil and harmful and .. etc. Sometimes well-meaning but misguided doctors are just as bad.

Do you mind if I ask why you have an 85% chance of dying?

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Do you mind if I ask why you have an 85% chance of dying?

Tom

I had a heart attack in 2008.

Last edited by persiandog; 09/21/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I had two, in the late 1990's. Stents were implanted, and I've survived numerous health crises since then, including six days in ICU with lungs full of blood clots from Covid, a massive motorcycle wreck, and a couple of other potentially deadly situations. My cardiologist says the plumbing is good now, and they just adjusted the electrical signals with an "ablation" last week. I'm planning on being around for another 25 years or so. I'm not leaving until I'm good and ready!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
... In 5 years my probability of dying goes to 85% (which means 100%).
How about you and what am I supposed to do?

- Don't hold your breath.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Late in 2017 I was in ICU and before being released ask the doctor the prognosis. He said I would be dead at the end of the year, if not then by the end of 2018. I just kept on driving forward refusing to sit around staring at white walls until I just went out. I still hunt some, shoot, eat well and do most of the cooking in sort just living better and more active then ever. In short I just kept on living and will continue.

Statistics lie, and docs can't see the future, but they can kill you by destroying your spirit.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I had two, in the late 1990's. Stents were implanted, and I've survived numerous health crises since then, including six days in ICU with lungs full of blood clots from Covid, a massive motorcycle wreck, and a couple of other potentially deadly situations. My cardiologist says the plumbing is good now, and they just adjusted the electrical signals with an "ablation" last week. I'm planning on being around for another 25 years or so. I'm not leaving until I'm good and ready!

my heart attack was dragonized as stomach flu , so i suffered needlessly for 45 minutes ( by good people of Good samaritan (san jose)).
so i have a bit more damage than a normal HA.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm pretty sure the first one went undiagnosed, about a month before the episode that resulted in the first stent being implanted. I was too stubborn to go to the ER the first time around. About a year later, I needed a second stent. Since then, I've had several episodes of Atrial Fibrillation- - - -a runaway heart rate that requires hospitalization to get under control. The ablation I had last week is supposed to correct, or at least minimize that situation. There's an emotional condition common in heart patients known as being a "Cardiac Cripple"- - - -obsessing about potential future problems and refusing to go on living an active life. It's just as deadly, if not more so, than the physical situations associated with heart problems. Sound familiar?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'm pretty sure the first one went undiagnosed, about a month before the episode that resulted in the first stent being implanted. I was too stubborn to go to the ER the first time around. About a year later, I needed a second stent. Since then, I've had several episodes of Atrial Fibrillation- - - -a runaway heart rate that requires hospitalization to get under control. The ablation I had last week is supposed to correct, or at least minimize that situation. There's an emotional condition common in heart patients known as being a "Cardiac Cripple"- - - -obsessing about potential future problems and refusing to go on living an active life. It's just as deadly, if not more so, than the physical situations associated with heart problems. Sound familiar?

ER nurses are trained by Holywood , heart attack pain is not alway a chest pain ( specially for women ) , mine was in my belly.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 260madman, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,379
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.