Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
One of the legends I met...

Years back I got an invite to hunt at Bill Jones place on the coast of Georgia....this was before the bigger hunt he put on at Cabin Bluff before the riff raff wriggled their way into the hunt.

Flights out of Nashville were half price of a flight out of Memphis.....Howard Harlan said I should drive up to his house in Nashville and fly with him and his sidekick....(I forget his name).

We were met in Jacksonville Florida by Jim Jones driving a green 1970's vintage Cadillac Limo. When we arrived in camp I notice Howard Harlan and his sidekick were scrambling to get their stuff in the house. When they walked in Zack Farmer walked out....they had this possum grin on their faces seems they had stuck me in the room with Farmer. I'm getting my stuff in the room and Farmer is following me around like a puppy dog with a piece of paper. "Brother Cox look what my takey call sold for at the Orangeburg Turkey banquet"....I replied "Ain't it amazing what a bunch of drunk idiots will do".

This house had 2 bedrooms with twin beds and 3 bathrooms....next I hear" Brotha Cox you know this bedroom only has one bathroom".....I replied "I don't plan on spending a lot of time in the bathroom I'll use the one in the hall"

Next thing "Brotha Cox you don't plan on smoking in here is ya"....."I wasn't planning on it but I will if you want me to"..."Oh no".

I decided to just sleep on the fold out couch in the living room.....I told Brotha Zack to wake me up in the morning because I did not have an alarm or a cell phone...he said "Okay"

Next morning I hear shuffling around and see light under the door.....I jump out of bed and Brotha Zack is heading out the door...."I told you to wake me up when you got up"...."I thought you had an alarm"....."Brotha Zack your lucky I heard you and got up because if daylight had caught me sleeping I would be hunting you and when I caught up to you it wouldnt have been nice"

I came back about 1 or 2 in that afternoon.....I had cleaned my turkey and put the meat in a walk in cooler.

Brotha Zack was sitting on the front porch swing when I pulled up on this electric cart they let me use.....he came walking out.

"Did you kill you a takee ?"....."I killed a nice one"....."Did you call him with your trumpet calla ?"...."I chased the turkey for close to mile set up several times the hunt took about 5 hours I used several calls on him a trumpet a box call a pot call and the little Jet style slate style call I showed you yesterday is what tuned the tide....then I used a diaphragm call to get his head up in the Palmettos for the kill so I used several calls on him".

Then Zack crossed his arms leaned back a little and kinda stuck his chest out and said...."I kill all my takees with my trumpet calla"

"Brotha Zack I got a question for you"...."ok"
"If you call all your turkeys with your trumpet call why do you tote that Lynch box caller ?" that caught him off guard because not many people knew he toted a Lynch box call.....

He replied "Oh...I only tote it for luck"....I stepped a little closer to him...."Brotha Ack ain't you a Preacher man ?".......he quickly replied "Oh yes I'm a Preacher man"....." I didn't think Preachers believed in luck"...."Oh no I don't believe in luck"

I stepped a little closer like right up close to his face and replied..."Brotha Zack don't tell that crap to a turkey man because we don't tote stuff we don't use"

The day the Preacher man met the devil down in Georgia.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Met Fred Bear, Tink Nathan and Pete Shepley at the Bowhunters Jamboree in NC back in the late 70's.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Never heard of em.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I'm sorry I forgot I posted it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let’s see, Toby, Mark, efw, the list go on and on!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I met TK and Mike they were craZier than hell....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had the (mostly) pleasure of meeting a whole lot of the famous folks in the industry. Not sure how many of them I'd call "legends", though.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I wouldn't mind meeting Big Stick he's a legend...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah.............he's...........somethin' or another.................

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stick wouldn't tolerate your shyt for 2 minutes and you'd look rediculous with a child sized logger boot hangin out your ass.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Stick wouldn't tolerate your shyt for 2 minutes and you'd look rediculous with a child sized logger boot hangin out your ass.

I ain't sure how tall Luther is. But I'm pretty sure Stick couldn't get his midget foot that high. grin

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I'll have you know me and Big Stick are comrades....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I ain't sure how tall Luther is. But I'm pretty sure Stick couldn't get his midget foot that high. grin
Pretty sure stick could get him down to the correct level.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I'll have you know me and Big Stick are comrades....

I'm trying to be civil. I'm leaving this alone for now.........

Last edited by Yoder409; 09/23/22.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Frank is a legend and i grew up around him . Between him and my dad ive seen the real legends

Last edited by Crittergitter04; 09/23/22. Reason: Correcting
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crittergitter04
Frank is a legend and i grew up around him . Between him and my dad ive seen the real legends

Who would your dad be ?? If you don't mind me being nosey.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll be in Stick's neighborhood in July. Maybe I'll drop in on him.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
He'd bite your ear off for sure Big Stick doesn't tolerate total ignorance....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
He'd bite your ear off for sure Big Stick doesn't tolerate total ignorance....

He'd need a step stool.......... grin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,297
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.