Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Anybody have one of these? If so, are they a worthwhile endeavor? I’ll let my daughter shoot mine 380 ACP in the same configuration, but it was a bit much for her. I was surprised she shot it as much as she did it as well as she did.

Not trying to get into the “22 long rifle there’s not enough for self-defense” discussion. I’m just wondering if this little gun is worth the $300 you might have to spend to buy it new? Just curious what your experience has been if you had one.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I picked one up last week, but haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. I hear mixed reviews. Some say it's reliable with high velocity rounds, but some say it's not reliable at all. I've heard more good than bad, so decided to roll the dice.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A few years ago we bought a pair of LCP II’s, in 22 LR. And picked up an additional 4 magazines.

I love the little pistols, fun to shoot, as accurate as you could ask for. Though, some magazines seem to have an occasional misfeed….while others work flawlessly. Perhaps it’s an ammo thing! 🤔

My only complaint was the sights (merely bead-blasted blue) near useless in poor lighting. I bought some epoxy model airplane paints….making the rear a white outlined sight while painting the front with Fluorescent Yellow! Much improved sighting in poor light!

It won’t compete in a target match with our Mark II’s or III’s…..but I can’t carry the Mark II 22/45 in an ankle holster either! Each has their place! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 09/21/22.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine works great. Haven’t shot any cheap ammo in it. Just CCI stingers and the Aguila Super High Velocity stuff. Plenty accurate and reliable.
Wouldn’t be my first choice for self defense, but 11 rounds of Stingers beats the heck out of a stick or pepper spray.

I think I paid $289 for mine. Well worth the money IMO.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/21/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I bought one last winter. It misfired quite often, which apparently was a common complaint with some of the early ones. I sent it back to Ruger and it has worked flawlessly since then. I shoot most anything for practice but load it with CCI Velocitors when I carry it as a BUG.

The trigger isn't bad and the sights were very well regulated. It's a fun little gun and would be a good choice for someone with small hands, recoil or blast sensitivity or grip strength problems.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 09/21/22.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I know it’s changing the subject, a bit, but have you tried the LCP Max (380)?? The grip on it is a little bit wider than the LCP/LCP II (to accomodate the higher cap mag). Really helps with the recoil.

Sorry, no help with the LCP 22, though...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Reading these posts enticed me to go burn a few rounds through ours! So, the wife and I steeped into the front yard and ran about 4 or 5 magazines through ours.

Then we grabbed our Ruger Mark semi autos ( mine a II, hers a III), which I have just installed the Volquartsen Accurizing Kits in. Wow…..do they now have sweet trigger pulls!

We’ve already made a date to do this again tomorrow! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
^ That is great.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Elsie Pitu has eaten everything I’ve fed her, except for the CCI shot capsule ammo on which she simply busted the plastic capsules to pieces against the feed ramp. She cycles CCI Standard Velocity Round Nose Lead very reliably indeed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

She shoots quite high at distances much beyond about 3 yards. But, the rear sight notch is deep enough to allow filing down the rear sight to compensate (just haven’t got around to it yet). Groups at 10 and 15 yards are remarkably tight, but almost a foot too high.

I’m pleased enough that I’d buy her all over again.

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you file down the front sight, it'll shoot higher yet.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnw
If you file down the front sight, it'll shoot higher yet.
That is correct.

Every day’s an adventure.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

629 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1beaver_shooter, 78 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,310
Posts18,449,168
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.