Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Citadel Investment Boss Ken Griffin Previously Gave DeSantis $10 Million, Today Says He Would Accept Position as Treasury Secretary

The king of manipulating Wall Street shorts is Citadel founder Ken Griffin.

The Wall Street hedge fund billionaire has made most of his money betting against Main Street stocks and then manipulating their downfall to reap the rewards.

Griffin is despised by small investors, especially the Reddit WallStreetBets group who went head-to-head against the titan in the Gamestop and Robinhood story. Recently Griffin moved his financial HQ from Chicago to Miami after giving Florida governor Ron DeSantis $10 million for his reelection effort.

Bloomberg News reported earlier today that Ken Griffin has said he is open to taking the position of U.S. Treasury Secretary after he is successful installing Ron DeSantis as the 2024 presidential winner.

[New York] – […] Griffin also revealed that he would be open to serving as Treasury secretary in a Ron DeSantis administration if the GOP governor of Florida decides to make a bid for the White House in 2024.

He told Bloomberg that he “will definitely be involved in the presidential race” and that he would consider moving to Washington, DC, if called upon to do so by a Republican president.

There are trillions at stake…

More here - including Steve Bannon War Room

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...d-accept-position-as-treasury-secretary/

Yup, Ol' Skool Swamp Stuff

Attached Images
griffin.JPG (20.25 KB, 582 downloads)
Last edited by SupFoo; 09/21/22.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's something about Griffin's eyes.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like a creepy lawyer to me. Has DeSantis publicly stated he's running for President?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
News Flash.....stunning revelation........politicians get funding from people with money....more at 11:00.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
News Flash.....stunning revelation........politicians get funding from people with money....more at 11:00.........

Griffin would steal the nickles of your dead gramma's eyeballs.

DeSantis needs to give back any money from Griffin.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
I’d like to encourage people to call their US Representatives and Senators. Let them know what bills they should support (like the PRIME Act!). I don’t think you’ll get lost in the paper shuffle. In my office today, I received zero calls and zero voicemails from constituents.

All of us need to do a little more, imo. Massie continues, saying phone calls are more effective than emails. There's still room in our system to make a difference, without donating millions.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepThomasMassie

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is impossible to be elected president without accepting money from people with influence.

Here we are concerning ourselves with 3 ifs.

If DeSantis runs.
If Desantis is elected.
If Desantis appoints Griffin Secretary of the Treasury.

I think I'll go read some Yahoo "news" now to find something more worthy of discussion.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I hope you DeSantis cheerleaders are taking note as this stuff surfaces. He has amassed a war chest of 172 million from Wall St as of a month ago. That is a lot of favors to pay back. He says what we like to hear, and we lap it up eagerly, but we need to watch what he does, and who is buying him.
I don't normally interact with bicycle riders, but, this once I will remark that DeSantis accepted the money and cashed the check and put it in his account...don't tell us we shouldn't be concerned. Whenever any so called public servant amasses 182 million in 'gifts', we should be concerned.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Exactly. To be successful in politics, you must be a good fundraiser. DeSantis so far is a winner, and is showing the qualities needed of a strong candidate. Right now, that is for Governor of Florida. We have people whining because he has done too good a job. I guess only billionaire that ONLY spend their own money and never cashed my donation check are worth of my vote?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Griffin would steal the nickles of your dead gramma's eyeballs.

DeSantis needs to give back any money from Griffin.

This. Its another money making idea for him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It is impossible to be elected president without accepting money from people with influence.

If DeSantis runs.
If Desantis is elected.

I think I'll go read some Yahoo "news" now to find something more worthy of discussion.

"Impossible"? Huh? Guess who hasn't been paying attention in class the last six years.

Trump smashed that mold in both his 2016 and 2020 elections. He cannot be bought nor influenced. He is pure MAGA. He gets votes the "old fashion way", with a genuine populist appeal. The Swamp cannot control him and (rightly) fear he will dismantle their numerous corruption rackets. And those reasons, are PRECISELY why The Swamp hates him and is determined to kill him and his family.

It is obvious at this point, The Swamp is teeing-up DeSantis to replace Trump, and DeSantis is going along with it. The only "if" to consider at this point is DeSantis actually who he would like people to think he is. He is not. And taking money from a scumbag Wall Street internationalist in (likely) exchange for "playing ball" is further evidence.

If you had bothered to read the link (doubtful), you would have noticed this was reported by Bloomberg News - about the same as Yahoo News, so you may find that comforting.

Attached Images
DeSantisFamily.jpg (21.67 KB, 207 downloads)
Last edited by SupFoo; 09/22/22.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
^^^well said brother Foo, that is exactly what is going on^^^

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If DeSantis runs.
If Desantis is elected.

"Impossible"? Huh? Guess who hasn't been paying attention in class the last six years.

Trump smashed that mold in both his 2016 and 2020 elections. He cannot be bought nor influenced. He is pure MAGA. He gets votes the "old fashion way", with a genuine populist appeal. The Swamp cannot control him and (rightly) fear he will dismantle their numerous corruption rackets. And those reasons, are PRECISELY why The Swamp hates him and is determined to kill him and his family.

It is obvious at this point, The Swamp is teeing-up DeSantis to replace Trump, and DeSantis is going along with it. The only "if" to consider at this point is DeSantis actually who he would like people to think he is. He is not. And taking money from a scumbag Wall Street internationalist in (likely) exchange for "playing ball" is further evidence.

If you had bothered to read the link (doubtful), you would have noticed this was reported by Bloomberg News - about the same as Yahoo News, so you may find that comforting.

So, DeSantis is a billionaire also?

FJB & FJT
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

People with money who want more power INVEST in politicians, yes.

Knowing who those investors are helps one know what said politicians’ administration might prioritize, no?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
As soon as The New York Times reports it,I will know it is for real! crazy

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wake me up when you guys find the perfect candidate (the one that is ideologically correct and has the millions of $$ necessary to make a successful run for president).

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Wake me up when you guys find the perfect candidate (the one that is ideologically correct and has the millions of $$ necessary to make a successful run for president).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I don't normally interact with bicycle riders, but,

LoL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
definitely not a fan of Citadel

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I think you have described Donald Trump close enough for me, thanks for the wake up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.