BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by persiandog
We don't have footage of the Katyn Forest Massacre, but I imagine that was pretty horrible. And the Soviets were our allies.

Atrocities occurred on all sides. Even the US.

look at a few pictures https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2011/10/world-war-ii-the-holocaust/100170/
Yep. War is hell. We should avoid it at all costs. Atrocities are all too common during war.

Golly...they sure are.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
One small point, America probably couldnt strongly confront Germany militarily any sooner then they did, or else they would have gotten beaten. I think the one thing America could have done differently, was America could have taken in more prewar jewish refugees.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
America in 1932-42 was almost as anti-semetic as some members here.

No surprise Israel now has ICBMs as well as IRBMs.

How many Jews on Martha's Vineyard ? None just "him".

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by persiandog
We don't have footage of the Katyn Forest Massacre, but I imagine that was pretty horrible. And the Soviets were our allies.

Atrocities occurred on all sides. Even the US.

look at a few pictures https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2011/10/world-war-ii-the-holocaust/100170/
Yep. War is hell. We should avoid it at all costs. Atrocities are all too common during war.

let me summarize , america good ,hitler evil.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
America could have taken prewar refugees. They could have pressured Great Britain to relax immigration rules for Jewish Palestine, or they could have set up their own version of the Haavara agreement.

Anyone could have. But they didn’t.

It isn’t like the NSDAP was alone in seeking a solution to the Jewish Question either in the 30s or well before that.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Peter Coyote is Jewish. If you care.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
I sat thru a good part of the first episode

at the start it was showing these historians who said "the myth of Americans being good people is by and large false"

they go on to lecture Americans saying they should and could have done more to help Jews from German opression

but the narrator points out
1. America accepted more Jewish immigrants than any other sovereign nation
2. in the early part of the 20th century, New York was 1/4 Jewish
3. American Jews were split on whether accepting German Jewish immigrants en mass was good for the country

and then of course, they don't even mention the thousands of white crosses on the beaches of Normandy and throughout Europe

I was pissed off 10 minutes into it.

The documentary did go on to highlight some things I found interesting, especially when Germans were using Jim Crow laws as the basis for how they enacted laws against Jews, but I still can't get past America as a nation should have done more.

JFC

Thank you for saving me from watching propaganda horse$h!t.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No I don’t bother my self with monumental idiots. The boy is pretty confused.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
KFWA: I was incensed by that little cock sucker trying to blame America and Americans for the holocaust!
I sayfuck him and the liberals he rode in with.
Almost got through the first episode when rage and disgust overcame my curiosity.
Just more liberal mental disease on display being touted by other white guilt ridden liberal idiots (no offense turdquinn!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Ken Burns is part of the global media.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bingo! Spot on!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The Holocaust is a bullshit fairytale, it's so ridiculous I'm amazed that otherwise intelligent people still believe it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always found the whole thing absurd. Even as far back as high school, though it didn't really concern me much at that time. Six Million⟨™⟩? Really? What were their names? Where were they from? This isn't ancient times, people had names, they had addresses, they had jobs, they had tax records... who were these Six Million⟨™⟩? Gas chambers? Poison showers? Shrunken heads? Lampshades?... How utterly fuggin' ridiculous! Just on its face.. ridiculous. The more I started to look and research, the more ridiculous it all was.

But... It is far easier to fool a man than to convince him he has been fooled. Especially about something so monumental as this. Especially about a war. People are way too emotionally invested in the story. NOBODY wants to admit that they, or their fathers, or their grandfathers fought a war that they shouldn't have, and definitely nobody wants to admit that they fought on the wrong side! That is absolutely unacceptable to most people, and any questioning of any aspect of the narrative is automatically considered "anti-semitic", treason, wacky conspiracy theory, blah, blah, blah. It does not matter what evidence is presented to the contrary (or the lack of evidence supporting their tale), most people will NEVER allow consideration of it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Stophel
I always found the whole thing absurd. Even as far back as high school, though it didn't really concern me much at that time. Six Million⟨™⟩? Really? What were their names? Where were they from? This isn't ancient times, people had names, they had addresses, they had jobs, they had tax records... who were these Six Million⟨™⟩? Gas chambers? Poison showers? Shrunken heads? Lampshades?... How utterly fuggin' ridiculous! Just on its face.. ridiculous. The more I started to look and research, the more ridiculous it all was.

But... It is far easier to fool a man than to convince him he has been fooled. Especially about something so monumental as this. Especially about a war. People are way too emotionally invested in the story. NOBODY wants to admit that they, or their fathers, or their grandfathers fought a war that they shouldn't have, and definitely nobody wants to admit that they fought on the wrong side! That is absolutely unacceptable to most people, and any questioning of any aspect of the narrative is automatically considered "anti-semitic", treason, wacky conspiracy theory, blah, blah, blah. It does not matter what evidence is presented to the contrary (or the lack of evidence supporting their tale), most people will NEVER allow consideration of it.
Yep. Scratch the surface, and it all falls apart, but most are so brainwashed from childhood that they are incapable of making the effort to even scratch the surface of the lie.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Stophel

Yep. Scratch the surface, and it all falls apart, but most are so brainwashed from childhood that they are incapable of making the effort to even scratch the surface of the lie.

Scratch away.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I hear that Mao only killed a couple dozen of his own people.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Scratch away.
Over the years, I've provided mountains of proof.

Rather than my repeating it all, just watch this. He sums it up pretty nicely.

Link

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Scratch away.
Over the years, I've provided mountains of proof.

Rather than my repeating it all, just watch this. He sums it up pretty nicely.

Link

An article?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I hear that Mao only killed a couple dozen of his own people.

See, that's the thing. A central characteristic of the communists is to accuse their enemies of what they themselves are actually doing. While the Soviets were actually committing intentional mass murder of their own population (prior to, and during the war), they were putting out massive amounts of propaganda about the Germans doing that. After the war, that propaganda was deemed by the victorious Allies to be useful for advancing the anti-German policies they had planned (see, e.g., The Morgenthau Plan), so they adopted and promoted it themselves, and codified it at Nuremberg.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not watching the crap, of course, but I'm curious... Does Ken Burns highlight all the jews that escaped the eeeevil Naaahtsies by hiding in giant latrines full of excrement? That seems to have been one of their favorite methods of evasion....

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
206 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.