Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Scored an 8# jug of cfe223 at Sportsmans. $287. Just happened to walk in as they were putting them out. First powder I’ve bought in a few years- been running on reserves.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I just paid over $3 a dozen for regular jumbo eggs (not designer eggs), $4.49 a quart for cream, and $9.29 for Boars Head hot dogs (the BH bacon was on sale, down to $8.99 from $12.99, but I passed). A $5.99 broiled chicken now costs $7.99.

I think there’s some kind of economic problem………

It is hurting families with young children

I don’t doubt it. We have a pretty nice little “farm” going here on an acre and a third: veggies and fruit, venison and fish in the freezer. Wifey has been eating almost entirely out of the garden for several months and a good bit of the little meat she eats is deerburger I grind. I’m not one to sit down and figure out the cost of everything, but there’s little doubt it makes a huge difference, and the garden is her hobby; keeps her busy for hours.

One major item is the fruit. We’ve been eating our various berries, peaches, and a few apples, even some really excellent volunteer cantelopes to the point of satiety, plus have bag upon bag frozen. Haven’t bought any all season. Can’t imagine what all that would’ve cost at the store or fruit stand.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It's called adding in profit Inflation under the umbrella of Honk for Joey inflation.
And your average person thinks companies would never do that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Most manufactures ( I know Hodgdon is not the manufacturer) that sell their products direct, usually sell at Full MSRP, while their distributors sell for less. This is very common.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I just paid over $3 a dozen for regular jumbo eggs (not designer eggs), $4.49 a quart for cream, and $9.29 for Boars Head hot dogs (the BH bacon was on sale, down to $8.99 from $12.99, but I passed). A $5.99 broiled chicken now costs $7.99.

I think there’s some kind of economic problem………

It is hurting families with young children

Hahaha!

Ya think??

Fuggers.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Checkbook Economics, Household Expenses Rise $961 Per Month, $11,532/yr, While Incomes Remain Flat

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No benchmark in 3 years

this, and 61 bucks a pound for H-4198 , Fugk 'em. I'll buy crossbow bolts instead.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A few years ago, when I quit writing, I sold a bunch of my powder at a local gun show. I priced full cans at $20 and part cans at a buck an ounce. It went pretty fast. If I did that again today, I'd be getting three times those prices.

I am admittedly a geezer, but I can recall as if it were yesterday when primers were a penny apiece, powder ran about $3/lb and rifle bullets ran a dime each. Reloads cost about 15 cents a shot, even with jacketed bullets.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Democrats are getting their wish fulfilled - the one where shooting is too expensive of a hobby for people to pursue.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Democrats are getting their wish fulfilled - the one where shooting is too expensive of a hobby for people to pursue.
…and McConnell, McCarthy and RNC Chair McDaniels are perfectly fine with this as long as Trump and MAGA candidates don’t infect their precious Party.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A few years ago, when I quit writing, I sold a bunch of my powder at a local gun show. I priced full cans at $20 and part cans at a buck an ounce. It went pretty fast. If I did that again today, I'd be getting three times those prices.

I am admittedly a geezer, but I can recall as if it were yesterday when primers were a penny apiece, powder ran about $3/lb and rifle bullets ran a dime each. Reloads cost about 15 cents a shot, even with jacketed bullets.

I’m a geezer as well. When I started reloading rifle, in 1974, I recall that H 4831 was $1.99 a pound. It came in a cardboard container with a metal plug type of lid.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Tyrone
…and McConnell, McCarthy and RNC Chair McDaniels are perfectly fine with this as long as Trump and MAGA candidates don’t infect their precious Party.
Everybody will claim "but..but.. Capitalism!" when it's really legislation & agency rule making.

For instance, it's a fact that cargo shipping rules/laws have impacted the prices of all the powder Hodgden gets from Australia.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
No benchmark in 3 years

Is that the preferred playground powder?

pretty much, its my favorite 223 powder and works great in 17 fireball too. its a volume powder that I burn quite a bit of. the slow stuff like 4831 etc gets burned in large cases but I don''t shoot those in high volume. 30 rounds a year of 280 ackley is probably all I run. 1800-2000 is my volume on the 223 and 17.

dude don't you need some strange? start a funny puzzzy thread again.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

AYE, on all that, from a fellow GEEZER.

"not too grumpy"
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ayeee by golly, and the 700 came with a leather sling and ammo was $2.50 a box I tell ya....Furthermore, if'n you saw boobies ya knew for certain you were looking at a woman... Aye, the good ol'ays.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Last year the Hodgdon extreme powders were in the mid/high 30$ if you could find them, before haz/shipping/tax. And some said to wait till the price goes down to preBiden cost.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
It's called adding in profit Inflation under the umbrella of Honk for Joey inflation.
And your average person thinks companies would never do that.

Don’t forget shrinkflation, reducing the size or weight of products on the sly. 4-pound bags of sugar, 12-14 ounce packaged meats, fewer chips in the bag etc. Pretty sure that broiled chicken I bought was smaller than they used to be, and the fried chickens they sell are pretty tiny too. Of course they have to mark the weight on packages, but c’mon man, who reads all of those?

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by EdM
Indeed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Atta boy Ed

If that is your entire stash boys, if that is all I had left, I feel I'd be just about running out...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by EdM
Indeed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Atta boy Ed

If that is your entire stash boys, if that is all I had left, I feel I'd be just about running out...
LOL, yeah no schit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by roverboy
Yeah, I try and pick up a pound or 2 when I can. But, some places are out of this World on prices. Primers are almost non existent. Oh yeah FJB. And his whole crew.

Does it seem strange that the government is buying millions of rounds of ammunition for multiple non-combat agencies? That would certainly soak up any "surplus" components that might squeak through to the consumer AND create a huge demand that has to be filled on contracts. We are competing against taxpayer dollars to provide ammo for the IRS, HHS, Railroad Retirement Board and unknown others.

Didn't it work when they just strangled citizens with red tape?

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

614 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,028 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,272
Posts18,448,347
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.