Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Yup. I've had a couple that would do it with 5 shots but they weren't magnums. Both were 6.5-06s. I always called them 1/2 inch guns because I measured outside to outside. Oh well, this site is awesome.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
[quote=KillerBee]Personally, I have taken this rifle on 3 hunts and only have 17 rounds through it ...

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Oh and my BSA is super accurate and I have killed well over 100 deer and over 10 moose and I only shoot factory loads, Winchester SuperX PowerPoints in 180 gr. out of it Peckerhead. smile

This is quite an achievement. Killing over 100 deer and 10 Moose on 3 hunts with 17 rounds!

Yoo da man!

I was talking about my BSA P17 30-06, which I have hunted with for decades. The azzhat BSA Hunter was referring to my Customized Weatherby 300 Win Mag.

KB

M
M
Originally Posted by mathman
If he has a sporter weight 300 mag that will repeatedly and reliably put five shots into less than 1/4 moa he does have something special all right.

In this case its mobb. Minute of broadside barn.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Muleyhunter
If he has a sporter weight 300 mag that will repeatedly and reliably put five shots into less than 1/4 moa he does have something special all right.

So you are a gay AO posse member, hey Muleyhunter? All of your 7 posts are directed at me, so I am figuring you are a homosexual man, sorry sweetheart I don't swing your way.

You should go back to Alberta Outdoorsman troll, poofter.

KB

M
M

So you are a gay AO posse member, hey Muleyhunter? All of your 7 posts are directed at me, so I am figuring you are a homosexual man, sorry sweetheart I don't swing your way.

Some things never change huh Mr Manure Spreader? Another forum. Same lies.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Some things never change huh Mr Manure Spreader? Another forum. Same lies.

So says the New 24-Hour Campfire, Alberta Outdoorsman Sockpuppet, Homosexual Stalker Member.

Don't you have something better to do than to stalk me? I am sure there are lots of gay bars in your area, to visit in your chaps.

You are transparent and pathetic.

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/11/23.

KB

M
M
Kind of a one act show arent you Pinocchio?

Last edited by Muleyhunter; 05/11/23.
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Kind of a one act show arent you Pinocchio?

Your the stalker, talk about a one-act gay, fruit show lol

Do yourself a favor and go back to Alberta Outdoorsman where you belong with your other gay friends.

In other words GFY gay boy, sockpuppet stalker.

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/11/23.

KB

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
[quote=KillerBee]Personally, I have taken this rifle on 3 hunts and only have 17 rounds through it ...

Oh and my BSA is super accurate and I have killed well over 100 deer and over 10 moose and I only shoot factory loads, Winchester SuperX PowerPoints in 180 gr. out of it Peckerhead. smile

This is quite an achievement. Killing over 100 deer and 10 Moose on 3 hunts with 17 rounds!

Yoo da man!

over 10 moose ?

is that like 10.25 or 10.5 or 10.75 moose killed ?

spikes are .25 of a full moose
raghorns are .50
50" + are 1 whole moose

confused ? should I use fractions or nah ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having custom rifles built and then selling them will rarely get a guy anywhere close to his original spend. Note, I didn’t say investment. When talking custom builds, it’s typically not an investment.

There are a few things, if the stars align, that can make your financial losses less severe.

#1 you have a build from the most current hot-shît builder who’s got a 2 year waiting list for a rifle.

#2 Your rifle was built with tier one parts and plumbed together by a reputable builder, and someone wants it in a bad way.

#3 This goes for any custom rifle. It’s Proven. Meaning it has documented, repeated accuracy over hundreds of rounds.

I have a lot of customs, from varmint rigs to bigger cf chamberings. All of them will shoot a quarter inch with the first 3-4 shots. Some will hold true with 5-6 shots.

But all of them, except for one rifle I have will start to open up by the time I’ve sent 10 rounds into a target. Mostly, and truthfully, all are 1 MOA rifles, verified with 10 rounds. Doing the same thing over and over.

The one rifle, a 7WSM I had built by Scott Weichel is a freak of nature. It just eats inside the same hole, without question, no matter how many rounds I send down range. I will die with this rifle still in my possession.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had to dig deep into the picture vault to find this semi-custom build I had done up from a Weatherby Mark V - Custom Shop, 300 Roy, that I bought from a collection where the guy had passed. This is one of a small handful of rifles that I didn’t lose money on.

While the rifle was new, and unfired. It had a deep, dime sized pitting on the barrel that couldn’t be buffed out.

I had a 1/10, fluted Lilja barrel screwed on it. Added a McM handle, and some nice gold lettering bling to make any brother jealous. Then some light trigger work and done. It was a fine shooting rifle.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hey Beaver sent you a PM, would have posted it here, but my gay stalker would have interfered with a decent conversation and I do not need another one of his hysterical hissy fits lol

This is my Browning Mountain Ti .300 WSM, a very sweet rifle and a tack driver as well, it weighs 7lbs 4oz LBS with my Huskemaw Blue Diamond 5-20 x 50 scope. A delight to hunt with.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/13/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
KillerBee,

It's missing something.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Gold embossed lettering like Beaver has on his lol

KB

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just laughed when I saw this signature...

"Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog"

Good stuff right there!

Ernie "The Un-Tactical"

[Linked Image]
http://sebrests-usa.com/
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Wow, this thread went sideways!

Imo, realistic value on the gun might be $1500 ish. Weatherbys just don’t command much in the used market. The barrel work might add a little bit but a Wilson is not a Bartlein or Krieger etc. If you could produce multiple 3-5 shot groups, or better yet, a couple 10-20 shot groups proving accuracy, the value goes up. The fact that it shoots one factory ammo well is really not a sales point as what happens when that ammo is not available?

Same with scope and turret cut to said ammo. It’s painted into a corner so that set up detracts from value more than adding to it, imo. Additionally, it being a Huskemaw is not doing you any favors as far as adding to used sale value. They just aren’t a favored optic unfortunately. The scope might add $500.

I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, just giving you an honest opinion from a fellow rifle nut. One will always lose money on a custom rifle, even one built with desirable components, as it was built for one person with their idea of ideal in mind. Typically, customs with top tier name brand components on custom receivers, sell for about 60% of cost. That’s not your gun. Truthfully, I think this one probably retains the most value tucked away in your safe. Unless you are willing to take a substantial loss on it.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 05/14/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gold embossed lettering like Beaver has on his lol

No, man. A muzzle brake!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Wow, this thread went sideways!

Imo, realistic value on the gun might be $1500 ish. Weatherbys just don’t command much in the used market. The barrel work might add a little bit but a Wilson is not a Bartlein or Krieger etc. If you could produce multiple 3-5 shot groups, or better yet, a couple 10-20 shot groups proving accuracy, the value goes up. The fact that it shoots one factory ammo well is really not a sales point as what happens when that ammo is not available?

Same with scope and turret cut to said ammo. It’s painted into a corner so that set up detracts from value more than adding to it, imo. Additionally, it being a Huskemaw is not doing you any favors as far as adding to used sale value. They just aren’t a favored optic unfortunately. The scope might add $500.

I’m not trying to hurt your feelings, just giving you an honest opinion from a fellow rifle nut. One will always lose money on a custom rifle, even one built with desirable components, as it was built for one person with their idea of ideal in mind. Typically, customs with top tier name brand components on custom receivers, sell for about 60% of cost. That’s not your gun. Truthfully, I think this one probably retains the most value tucked away in your safe. Unless you are willing to take a substantial loss on it.

I agree 100% with both yours and Beaver's analysis/assessments. Feelings unhurt!

A lot of people can't stand Huskemaws, it's actually funny how people respond when Huskemaw is brought up. Lenses are made from Green Coke Bottle Glass etc., etc. lol.

I have won friendly target shooting wagers @ 500 yards with friends that were using Nightforce as their scope while I was using my Green thick Coke Bottle Glass Huskemaw lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/14/23.

KB

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The scope wasn't the reason you won those shooting contests. My guess is it's because of the Glass Bedded Barrel that is Free Floated.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Plumdog
The scope wasn't the reason you won those shooting contests. My guess is it's because of the Glass Bedded Barrel that is Free Floated.

Agreed, also because am an excellent shooter, most people are not.

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/14/23.

KB

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.