Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I have won friendly target shooting wagers @ 500 yards with friends that were using Nightforce as their scope while I was using my Green thick Coke Bottle Glass Huskemaw lol

If you're referring to the 8" steel at 500 yards deal you mentioned earlier in the thread then you can't logically lay their lack of success at the feet of Nightforce.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I lay the lack of their success on their inferior shooting skills. Some of these guys even load their own cartridges.

Frankly, I do not shoot many steel plates, I find it rather boring. I prefer to hunt game in the field. I am an old-fashioned meat hunter that has been hunting for over 50 years, I don't need accolades and could care less. I hunt and shoot to put fine wild game on my dinner table.

I am not knocking any shooters, whatever turns your crank go for it, if shooting targets all day long makes you happy, if loading your own cartridges, whatever, I say go for it, to each his own.

The same holds true with my bow. Target shooting with my bow bores me. I shoot enough until I am satisfied that I can kill the animal I am hunting, then I go hunting and fill my freezer.

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/15/23.

KB

M
M
Too funny. You bought the Huskemaw at the same time you bought the Weatherby from Corlanes according to your own previous posting. Yet you've won many 500 yd shooting contests, even though you admit you've only shot the setup 17x. 1 shot contests I guess.

Must have been around the time you went from 300wsm to 300wm for the superior ballistics on elk at 500 yds huh? smile

Betting you couldn't hit a donkeys ass with a banjo Pinocchio.

Last edited by Muleyhunter; 05/15/23.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Muleyhunter
Too funny. You bought the Huskemaw at the same time you bought the Weatherby from Corlanes according to your own previous posting. Yet you've won many 500 yd shooting contests, even though you admit you've only shot the setup 17x. 1 shot contests I guess.

Must have been around the time you went from 300wsm to 300wm for the superior ballistics on elk at 500 yds huh? smile

Betting you couldn't hit a donkeys ass with a banjo Pinocchio.

Well, well, well it's not my Gay Boy, Sockpuppet, Stalker from Alberta Outdoorsman.

You are Pathetic, and I would kick your sad homosexual azz on any rifle, Skeet & Trap or Sporting Clays (Gun Down if you even know what that means you fruit), or bow range, sweety.

But do continue on stalking me Gay Boy, Sockpuppet, Stalker, it's hilarious watching you prove my point.

smile

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/16/23.

KB

M
M
Cmon down south Pinocchio and I'll host you at the range. I'll even give you a nice handicap, not that your shooting ability isn't enough of one already,

You can take the 100yd setups and I'll take the 200's and we'll see who can do what. Them we'll take a few pops at 500 just to see if you can hit the 4' x 5' backer. Like I said previously Pinocchio, I know you can't hit a donkeys azz with a banjo and that you're all about smoke, mirrors, and fantasy land BS trying to be someone you're not.

As far as stalking you goes all I can say is You're Incorrect.. I'm here for your special brand of comedy just waiting for the inevitable implosion. Your posts are like that train crash one can't look away from. An expert on everything. Spewing the exact same made up BS in every hunting/shooting forum you've ever been thrown out of permanently, and that's a considerable number. Funniest thing tho is that site you keep mentioning couldn't have been as bad as you say because you kept trying to sneak back in under different aliases, what, 6 -8 times? 12? 20?

I do love the Killer Bee alias tho. Ironic considering you've never even killed anything with it. Bought for long range elk hunting? You don't even know where to find the elk in Alberta Pinocchio let alone hit one at long range.

Last edited by Muleyhunter; 05/17/23.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good morning Gay Boy, Sockpuppet, Stalker you sure are on the Troll early this morning. As I understand it the gay bars are open late so you probably just stumbled into your trailer after an evening dancing with the boys.

Cmon down south Pinocchio and I'll host you at the range.

As far as stalking you goes all I can say is You're Incorrect.. I'm here for your special brand of comedy just waiting for the inevitable implosion.

Comedy?

What makes you think I would want to drive anywhere to meet an armed, hostile, mentally challenged Stalker? Now that's funny.

Gay Boy, stalker, you are a special kind of stupid.

Must have been around the time you went from 300wsm to 300wm for the superior ballistics on elk at 500 yds

I never said I shot the Weatherby in any competition dummy, and I have owned the Huskemaw since 2011, the same year I bought my Mountain Ti which it was mounted on, and set up by Corlane, I shot with friends with my Mountain Ti with the Huskemaw on it, not the Weatherby. Learn how to read, dumbazz.

I bought the Weatherby in 2016. As I said, you are a special kind of stupid Gay Boy, Stalker and I will not respond to anymore of your BS Posts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/17/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Coyote10
So to shoot 1/4 moa at 100 yards you must shoot a .257 or smaller projectile? Regardless, very nice rifle. Huskemaw makes good stuff, weatherby is top notch. A hunting gun is a hunting gun.

What?

Some people don't understand MOA.

There is a fella on the Campfire, that says. "Just take notes and learn."

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It really breaks my heart that you guys don't believe me, guess I will have to cry into a pillow now lol

Hey BSA Hunter post a picture of your favorite BSA, I'll bet mine makes yours look like a piece of used junk. Oh and my BSA is super accurate and I have killed well over 100 deer and over 10 moose and I only shoot factory loads, Winchester SuperX PowerPoints in 180 gr. out of it Peckerhead. smile

I don't think your Winchester SuperX Power Points, are great Long Range ammunition.
Just my point of view.

Nothing personal.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
It really breaks my heart that you guys don't believe me, guess I will have to cry into a pillow now lol

Hey BSA Hunter post a picture of your favorite BSA, I'll bet mine makes yours look like a piece of used junk. Oh and my BSA is super accurate and I have killed well over 100 deer and over 10 moose and I only shoot factory loads, Winchester SuperX PowerPoints in 180 gr. out of it Peckerhead. smile

I don't think your Winchester SuperX Power Points, are great Long Range ammunition.
Just my point of view.

Nothing personal.

I never said they were.

My Long Range rifle is my customized Weatherby .300 Win Mag. I shoot Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR's in 190 gr. out of it and have a Huskemaw Scope on it. I bought the rifle specifically for Elk, where longer shots are typical.

My Customized BSA P17 .30-06 is my bush rifle. I hunt deer and moose with it, the typical shots are under 200 yards.

This is my BSA P17 Rifle, the stock was hand-crafted from French Walnut by a renowned Stock Smith by the name of Klaus Hiptmayer, it is Ferlach Austrian' in design. It was my father's rifle and he gave it to me, that is my father's signature on the Engraved Sterling Silver Butt Plate.

Only 1 like it on Planet Earth.

I am very lucky to own it. The scope is a Rainguard Elite 4200.

I shot one moose at 500 yards with it. The rifle loves Winchester SuperX Power-Points in 180 gr, and it is a tack driver. The big bull moose dropped dead about 75 yards from the spot I shot it from, with a Power-Point.

No offense taken

KB

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
uhhh, no offense but 500 yards ain't that far

that's mid range, it ain't 100 fo sho, but it ain't 1000

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swamplord

Never said it was, but with a .30-06 and a 2.5x10, there are way better ways to go. It was a freehand shot with no rest.

No offense taken cool

KB

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Never said it was, but with a .30-06 and a 2.5x10, there are way better ways to go. It was a freehand shot with no rest.

No offense taken cool

30-06 Freehand shot at 500 yards with no rest ? That's some impressive shooting

What yardage is scope sighted in at ? Is it a BDC or mil-dot reticle ? what did you hold over ? or did you dial it in ? how much (moa or mils) ?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

No offense taken cool

30-06 Freehand shot at 500 yards with no rest ? That's some impressive shooting

What yardage is scope sighted in at ? Is it a BDC or mil-dot reticle ? what did you hold over ? or did you dial it in ? how much (moa or mils) ?

Thank you for the compliment. As I said, I am an excellent shot and have been shooting my customized BSA P17 for many years and have killed a lot of animals with it.

It was in a huge open marshy area it was the only shot I had, with no way to get closer. I called him into where he was standing, he was at the other end of the marsh.

To make a long story short, it is the same scope I have mounted on the BSA P17 in the pictures I posted, which is a Bausch & Lomb Elite 4200 scope, with a Multi-X Reticle nothing fancy, picture of the reticle below, same rifle.

The scope is zeroed in at 200 yards, with a 54" drop @ 500 yards. When he was broadside I held it over his back to what I figured would compensate for the distance and dropped him in his tracks. To my complete surprise, he got up and walked into the treeline, but I knew he was one hurting unit. I waited about an hour and then went to look for him and he was dead at about 75 yards in the trees.

I bought my Huskemaw the next year since I came to the correct conclusion that a better scope with a turret would eliminate the guesswork out of longer-range shots, especially for Elk, which I plan on hunting for when I am retired, that typically are at longer ranges when I see them, smart critters!

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/18/23.

KB

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
the Elite 4200 is a far better scope than most think it is, for the dollar it's better than anything Vortex or that chink stuff some guys here are in a love affair with

I've had one on my first 300 RUM and one on a 7.82 Warbird, killed a bunch of moose and black bear with 'em from '99 through 2012, then I had a 338 Edge built and put an Elite 6500 on it as an emergency temp scope for one hunting trip, It's still on that rifle went well over 1500 rounds & have never needed to fiddle with the scope

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
the Elite 4200 is a far better scope than most think it is, for the dollar it's better than anything Vortex or that chink stuff some guys here are in a love affair with

I've had one on my first 300 RUM and one on a 7.82 Warbird, killed a bunch of moose and black bear with 'em from '99 through 2012, then I had a 338 Edge built and put an Elite 6500 on it as an emergency temp scope for one hunting trip, It's still on that rifle went well over 1500 rounds & have never needed to fiddle with the scope

Agreed, I like mine a lot, it has never failed to perform, hard to beat for the price.

When I bought it, one of the comments made about it was that it was the preferred scope of outfitters.

I would never put crap on my beautiful P17

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/18/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Hi Swamplord, you are obviously a world-class hunter with a ton of experience. I was wondering, on your Bausch & Lomb Elite 4200's and 6500, do you also have the Multi-X Reticle on them like me, or do they come with different reticles?

Also, what was your longest shot with your 4200's, If you would like to share a story? That would be great, like so many here, I really like hearing about other hunter's hunting adventures. cool

Cheers ~

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/20/23.

KB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Did you go with 2 1/2-16X or the 4 1/2-30X? I bought four of each. None of the 2 1/2-16X had glass as good as the 4 1/2-30X so I sold them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.