Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
This week, Congressman Chris Jacobs (R-NY) introduced the “Federal Assault Weapons Licensing Act,” a bill that would establish a licensing system for prospective purchasers of modern sporting rifles (MSR).

Per the legislation, one would need to take a mandatory safety course, pass an FBI background check, submit fingerprints and provide proof of identity as part of the licensing process.

The license would need to be renewed every five years.

Anyone who already owns an MSR would be grandfathered in, however, if they wanted to buy an additional MSR they would need a license.

“My legislation is common sense and provides a straightforward licensing process to ensure those who are purchasing and taking ownership of assault weapons are responsible, law-abiding Americans,” Jacobs said in a press release obtained by GunsAmerica.

“We can honor and protect our Second Amendment, while also ensuring that dangerous weapons do not fall into the wrong hands. We must do more to ensure the safety of our schools and communities, and I urge my colleagues to join me in sponsoring this legislation,” he added.
SEE ALSO: Los Angeles County Creating ‘Buffer Zones,’ Demanding Gun Shops Keep Fingerprint Logs

Police officers and military personnel would be exempt.

The bill also allows unlicensed individuals to shoot modern sporting rifles at a range or while hunting if the license holder supervises.

Unlicensed individuals may also use one in self-defense to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

“While the overwhelming majority of Americans who own these weapons are law-abiding, responsible gun owners – the increasing trend of mass shootings with these weapons shows additional safeguards must be placed upon obtaining them,” said Jacobs.

“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
BP-B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
RINO

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.

I thought that's what the NICS was supposed to do.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never understood the safety course bits.

The "mass shootings" aren't happening because someone "accidentally" sets up a belt fed in the cafe. There's nothing happening because the shooter was "unsafe and didn't know how to use it" - it happens because they're psychos. Teaching them to become more proficient with it - seems to be counterintuitive.

Me

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Licensing will in no way be tied to your US digital currency...

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
IC B2

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Its for the children.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeebus.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I’m sure he isn’t smart enough to Conquer this all up on His Own..

Prolly some Soro’s, Bloomwon and a whole host of Manhattans Finest Dual Citizens money involved in
this “ Common Senselessness “ ..

These People Ain’t On Our Side..

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just a bunch of more GC bullsheat to harass law-abiding gun owners while doing nothing about criminals / gangsters committing all the gun violence.

In a related GC Issue: Stacey “Ghettopottamus” says if she is elected GA Governor, she will keep guns out of the hands of “dangerous individuals”. 3 guesses as to how she defines “Dangerous Individuals “.

Credit goes to Hatari for coining the term “ Ghettopottamus”.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Virtue signal from this rino. Fugem. “My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, while still protecting Americans’ ability to exercise their Second Amendment rights,” he continued.

Given that there are numerous failures of the current laws that were to prevent nut jobs from getting guns what is the likelihood THIS bill would perform any better? “We can honor and protect our Second Amendment, while also ensuring that dangerous weapons do not fall into the wrong hands."

GOA
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nope, nope and nope!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“My bill will better ensure these guns do not fall into the wrong hands, ,” he continued.

how?

whats in that law that is going to stop a crazy person from getting a gun?

Last edited by KFWA; 09/23/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's not MAGA

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What is his primary objective here?
He knows it’s not going reduce “gun violence”, or stop the FBI from organizing false flag mass shootings, so what’s he up to?

Could it be that the he is just throwing this out there in order to shut the Democrats up, when they claim he and the Republicans refuse to discuss “Gun Control” . He can shut them down with the introduction of this bill.

Or is he just another Democrat in disguise.

What is his voting record on previous Gun Legislation?

Last edited by steve4102; 09/23/22.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
F-U-C-K him!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
NY.
Blackheart probably agrees with him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
[i]

whats in that law that is going to stop a crazy person from getting a gun?

Removing all guns from the country as it turns communism is their wet dream.

LOL
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Democrat elected as a RINO.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It won’t pass constitutional muster but that ain’t ever deterred them. Just because they have created a class of firearms out of thin air doesn’t mean that they can infringe on our rights.

Good luck with that…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Huntz
Per the legislation, one would need to take a mandatory safety course, pass an FBI background check, submit fingerprints and provide proof of identity as part of the licensing process.

The license would need to be renewed every five years.

That is essentially what I had to do to get a concealed weapons permit sans the safety course before we went constitutional carry. Cost me 80 something bucks. Other states require people to sit through a class and shoot some targets as well....the "safety course".

The problem with mass shooters is that they are crazy. A background check is going to have to delve into records of mental health treatment, drugs, to even come close to meaning anything. If the current FBI has anything to do with it, not being a communist might get you denied.

Last edited by RJY66; 09/23/22.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
154 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.