Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My brother just spent $15k on a new engine and transmission for his 2013 Ram 1500 at 305k miles. The lifters and camshaft stated ticking at 275k miles. It's still a nice truck and was going to be $55k to buy a new one.

He got some pretty good life out of that engine. I met a guy last year in SC that had a ram 1500 with a serious tick. It had I believe 80K on it and he was worried. I asked him if he idled the engine excessively, he said No. He drove highway and changed the oil every 10k with mobil 1. O think that is the problem. I would go 5k on an oil change and screw what the manufacturers say.

GB2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
My brother just spent $15k on a new engine and transmission for his 2013 Ram 1500 at 305k miles. The lifters and camshaft stated ticking at 275k miles. It's still a nice truck and was going to be $55k to buy a new one.

He got some pretty good life out of that engine. I met a guy last year in SC that had a ram 1500 with a serious tick. It had I believe 80K on it and he was worried. I asked him if he idled the engine excessively, he said No. He drove highway and changed the oil every 10k with mobil 1. O think that is the problem. I would go 5k on an oil change and screw what the manufacturers say.

"not too grumpy"
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I agree. Keep clean oil in a good engine & they will last for an amazing period of time !!!

"not too grumpy"
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
KEY TAKEAWAYS
The Chrysler brand is part of Fiat Chrysler, which merged with the parent company of the Peugeot brand in 2021 to create a new company called Stellantis.
Brands under the Fiat Chrysler umbrella include Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Lancia, and Maserati.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by vacrt2002
KEY TAKEAWAYS
The Chrysler brand is part of Fiat Chrysler, which merged with the parent company of the Peugeot brand in 2021 to create a new company called Stellantis.
Brands under the Fiat Chrysler umbrella include Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Ram, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Lancia, and Maserati.

SO that means what exactly? I have owned an older Silverado, a newer f150 and a Ram. If I had to buy a full-size pickup again it would be a Ram and possibly Chevy in that order.

I don't think people realize what a disaster a Ford anything is , they are designing and turning out these pickups and allowing customers to be the guinea pig.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Dinny
I have decided to postpone the cam and lifter replacement. I drained half a quart of oil and replaced it with Stiction Eliminator. Perhaps the ticking lifter noise will go away. For now I'm just having the broken exhaust bolts extracted and replaced.

Put a can of sea foam in the crankcase. It has fixed several dodge motors that had lifter ticking

Google sea foam and lifter ticking

Last edited by hanco; 09/22/22.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
KEY TAKEAWAYS

SO that means what exactly? I have owned an older Silverado, a newer f150 and a Ram. If I had to buy a full-size pickup again it would be a Ram and possibly Chevy in that order.

I don't think people realize what a disaster a Ford anything is , they are designing and turning out these pickups and allowing customers to be the guinea pig.

Means more variables. Last week a woman that I work with bought one, Dodge 1500 Hemi, new 20 miles on the odometer, drove it one weekend. It its done they, dealership, can’t determine why it won’t run.

Class action lawsuit already filed by others she learned about. I am not saying its just Dodge. I am saying its Fiat, every Fiat has problems.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
KEY TAKEAWAYS

Means more variables. Last week a woman that I work with bought one, Dodge 1500 Hemi, new 20 miles on the odometer, drove it one weekend. It its done they, dealership, can’t determine why it won’t run.

Class action lawsuit already filed by others she learned about. I am not saying its just Dodge. I am saying its Fiat, every Fiat has problems.

Sounds like an incompetent dealer service department. Fiat has nothing to do with the design or construction of a Ram Pickup. The Diesel engine which is very very good is a Euro designed engine. The problem with 10% of the rams is they are used by Police Departments, construction companies and are subject to idling for long periods of time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ram didn’t need the help of Fiat to screw up a Ram. They have demonstrated that they are perfectly capable of doing that all on their own.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by K1500
Ram didn’t need the help of Fiat to screw up a Ram. They have demonstrated that they are perfectly capable of doing that all on their own.

Just like Chevy is capable of plucking up anything they build.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by K1500
I'm not seeing a Duramax yet that didn't need injectors around 200,000. and the last set I done was about $5,000 that's been a couple years ago...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
663 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.