Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You might as well stop. Ford started taking orders for the 2923 model on the 15th, and stopped on the 22, all sold out for the year.

Nobody wants a cheap little pickup, at least that’s what they told us for years.

As an aside, saw a pretty decent looking VW pickup on the interstate yesterday. Dang, THAT was a tiny little thing! Not sure I’d want to go back to anything that small, but I understand now how they got 50MPG with that little diesel.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The vw pickup is based on the ford ranger, smaller though, saw one in Post Falls last week in a vw lot.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 5spd
The vw pickup is based on the ford ranger, smaller though, saw one in Post Falls last week in a vw lot.

The new VW pickup is not available in the US and being a current VW something I would not touch.

Old VW pickup was based on the Rabbit. A friend owned one and was quite pleased with it . He was a crane operator and drove it all over the place for work.

My neighbor up the street just bought a Maverick Lariat . One year wait she was told. I told her that it gives you a year to realize what an Idiot you were for buying it.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The new VW pickup is not available in the US and being a current VW something I would not touch.

Old VW pickup was based on the Rabbit. A friend owned one and was quite pleased with it . He was a crane operator and drove it all over the place for work.

My neighbor up the street just bought a Maverick Lariat . One year wait she was told. I told her that it gives you a year to realize what an Idiot you were for buying it.

Why?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The bed is 54” long

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

Because it is a FORD and who needs a small pickup?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

how old are you?....bob

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
My uncle has a Maverick Lariat and he loves it. He of course isn’t a farmer or construction foreman, just a retired guy who occasionally has to haul a lawnmower or a chair or something.

I plan to get one for my wife in a year or two if we can find one when the time is right. I view them as a far more useful version of a midsize car, decent mileage, easy to maneuver in parking lots, and far more versatile than a Camry.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

how old are you?....bob

Why do you ask? If you don't like what I post don't phu-cking read it. We are all entitled to our opinions.

The maverick will have a 2.0 liter direct injection turbo engine. Honda is having all kinds of issue with same size engine and Honda is the gold standard for small engines.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
simply asking if you are talking from experience or out of youthful stupidity ....bob

Last edited by BobMt; 09/24/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Different maker, but it was on the news the other night that the Dodge 1500 3L diesel will be no more and it will be replaced by an electric one. Can anyone confirm that?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobMt
simply asking if you are talking from experience or out of youthful stupidity ....bob

Talking from a lot of experience , I used to sell the phreaking things in the 70's and was the Truck manager. We never had a ford truck ever come back, cars not so much. Complete different company and philosophy these days.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Different maker, but it was on the news the other night that the Dodge 1500 3L diesel will be no more and it will be replaced by an electric one. Can anyone confirm that?

https://tfltruck.com/2022/09/news-2...-will-the-be-the-last-light-duty-diesel/

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 09/24/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Local Ford dealer has 3 2022 Mavericks in stock.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeL2

What's the amount over invoice they want for them? The average dealer sticker is 18.4% over MSRP.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2022-ford-maverick-among-top-new-vehicles-priced-over-msrp/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not sure I’ve seen an uglier vehicle in my life.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Front Wheel Drive. I think I'm going to be sick....

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
Front Wheel Drive. I think I'm going to be sick....

LOL, can you feel your weenie shrinking just thinking about it?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dutch

What's the amount over invoice they want for them? The average dealer sticker is 18.4% over MSRP.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2022-ford-maverick-among-top-new-vehicles-priced-over-msrp/
Listed at MRSP on their website, no markup.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Listed at MRSP on their website, no markup.
Does Elton John sell Fords online?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TheKid
... I view them as a far more useful version of a midsize car, decent mileage, easy to maneuver in parking lots, and far more versatile than a Camry.

That's my consideration. Commute to work/wherever. Bed is big enough to hold a couple of bales of hay to put out in the morning as I'm leaving, take garbage out, haul dead venison, occasionally pull a 5x8 atv trailer, etc. It's not a replacement for my "real" truck but would replace my daily commuter and save me gas doing light things I use a truck for now.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
... I view them as a far more useful version of a midsize car, decent mileage, easy to maneuver in parking lots, and far more versatile than a Camry.

That's my consideration. Commute to work/wherever. Bed is big enough to hold a couple of bales of hay to put out in the morning as I'm leaving, take garbage out, haul dead venison, occasionally pull a 5x8 atv trailer, etc. It's not a replacement for my "real" truck but would replace my daily commuter and save me gas doing light things I use a truck for now.

It’s not a truck, it’s a trucklet. I ordered one because I now drive 35 to 40K miles a year. I’m not doing that in an $80K 3/4 ton getting 14 mpg. This trucklet gets high 20’s in fuel economy, is under $30K with some options, and still carries 30 feed bags, the garbage or a limit of sharp tails and two dogs just fine. If I need a truck, I have a $200K Kenworth. That’ll pull a 50K lb trailer “all day long”, uphill, through the snow, with a 1,600 mile range.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It’s not a truck, it’s a trucklet. I ordered one because I now drive 35 to 40K miles a year. I’m not doing that in an $80K 3/4 ton getting 14 mpg. This trucklet gets high 20’s in fuel economy, is under $30K with some options, and still carries 30 feed bags, the garbage or a limit of sharp tails and two dogs just fine. If I need a truck, I have a $200K Kenworth. That’ll pull a 50K lb trailer “all day long”, uphill, through the snow, with a 1,600 mile range.

Exactly.....but....lol....my "real" truck needs end at pulling a stock or hay trailer!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A 2door single cab for a couple grand less would be a great little service/fleet truck. 35ish mpg is pretty damn good.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There are none for sale in the area I live. Ford, I was told by the local dealer, did crack down on dealers trying to sell for more than MSRP.

I view it as a alternative to the awd SUV we currently use as our primary transportation vehicle. It won't replace my pickup truck but it is a lot better for all sort of small hauling jobs around the farm than the cargo area of a SUV.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 2002 Ranger and it was a handy little truck. Drove the hell out of it until some idiot was texting and driving and totaled it. Good rig for running around town or making trips where I may have needed to haul some items. Brought a lot of deer out of the woods too. I have an F-250 Super Duty for the big stuff but a small truck that is good on fuel is not a bad idea. I have seriously considered the Maverick but I always for 2 years after a new vehicle is introduced to see what sort of problems they have.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a little Ranger as well. ‘93 I think. Single cab, 5spd, 4 banger.

Good little truck. I abused the hell out of that thing and it just kept running.

For personal use I’d likely look at the Ranger over the Maverick.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The dealer here shows 1 on the lot for $49k but it's a '22.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I had a little Ranger as well. ‘93 I think. Single cab, 5spd, 4 banger.

Good little truck. I abused the hell out of that thing and it just kept running.

For personal use I’d likely look at the Ranger over the Maverick.

The new Ranger doesn't save you anything cost ways over a stripped down F-150. But a stripped down Maverick, even in all wheel drive, has an MSRP of less than $24K

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I bet they are bulldoggin’ SOB with 1500 lbs in the bed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have an old Explorer Sport-Trac that has been a great vehicle for me, over 200K and still going strong. I thought that it was a winner, but Ford must not have.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Coworker was looking to buy one to replace his ranger, ended up buying the new bronc, will probably be glad he did, anyone remember the izuzu pup from the early 80s, had a buddy that had one, we used to ride home in the bed after drinking all night, it made a ranger pickup seem big.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not in the market for a Maverick but I will say I see quite a few of them running around our area. IIRC Ford wanted a small truck for urban types who might not have the money, space or need for a full sized, full capable 1/2 ton.

I'd say that likely works as an alternative given those parameters. Most of the people I see driving the Mavericks tend to be grey haired and older - I'm thinking it's like some have commented above - I need to move the occasional chair, take leaves and brush to yard waste and pick up nick nacks for the old lady - this works at 1/2 the cost.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My 75 year old neighbor is on the waiting list for a Lariat. She has a year wait and it was a tad over 40k

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Car makers spend a lot of money researching the markets. They don't just make a car and hope it will sell. They make them for what the market will buy. Sometimes they're wrong but usually they're right. Toyota, for example, decided to avoid the heavy hauler/rv market and not make a Tundra in 3/4 or with a diesel. Their market is for the light haulers and they've sold millions of pickups.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I bet they are bulldoggin’ SOB with 1500 lbs in the bed

We're going to find out a little before Christmas.....

The only thing I'm not going to do with that thing is load it up and run across the pivot tracks. I'll let you know if it falls flat. For sure can't pur helper springs or airbags on it.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
neighbor lady just bought one and likes it a lot.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The bed is 54” long
Big enough for you to lay down in, you goofy lookin little inbred bastard.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The bed is 54” long

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I learned to drive a stick on the road in my dad’s Chevy Luv version of the Isuzu Pup. Yeah, it was small and had a tiny 4-banger, but it was tougher then most half tons I’ve seen lately, and ran forever. He even hydroplaned and flipped it on its roof, slid to a stop, and some farmer helped him turn it back over, and he drove it away. Lol

I have Ford trust issues, though.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The bed is 54” long

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 14 invisible), 1,182 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.