How do I get rid of these?

Chill
Place in ice chest with cold packs
Wrap ice chest well, tape around seal.
Address ice chest to Geno
Send overnight express.

Geno's wife will be eternally grateful.

Geno will be very happy too.
I'll call next time we go! You can come pick them up!

I will drive the faster vehicle then.

Leave the old Tacoma at home!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Timely thread.

I’m making crab topped English muffins for dinner tonight.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P

I hate you too wink wink

Come with me some time.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang,

I would love that.

Just put 1600 miles on the Taco. I'm going to hate to see my CC bill for the gas. Don't think I'm going to swing another long trip this season, barring a family emergency. Especially given current market conditions. My monthly retirement "paycheck" is going to get cut again.

I really appreciate the offer. Haven't been on the ocean since................2 weeks ago. Almost forgot I took a twilight fishing trip while down south with my sister and two of her kids. But, it was hardly enough to whet my appetite.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Blue Claws!
Tomorrow night is my gun club's annual "all you can eat" crab night. The Mrs. eagerly awaits this epic event all year. She tears through dozens of them like a buzzsaw!

I like them, but not as much as she does. Fortunately for me, we also serve spaghetti and crab meat.
I donated 30 lbs. of pasta, which should be enough for the 200 or so members.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I love the taste of crabs, but doggone are they a PITA to eat. I did a job in Maryland one time and had a dude set me up with (6) XL boiled crabs along with a 6 pack of beer to enjoy watching NFL. I swear I burned more calories trying to eat those things, but they were delicious.

I pretty sure folks in Maryland put Old Bay seasoning on their ice cream and in their coffee.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dang,

I would love that.

Just put 1600 miles on the Taco. I'm going to hate to see my CC bill for the gas. Don't think I'm going to swing another long trip this season, barring a family emergency. Especially given current market conditions. My monthly retirement "paycheck" is going to get cut again.

I really appreciate the offer. Haven't been on the ocean since................2 weeks ago. Almost forgot I took a twilight fishing trip while down south with my sister and two of her kids. But, it was hardly enough to whet my appetite.

Newport

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I love the taste of crabs, but doggone are they a PITA to eat. I did a job in Maryland one time and had a dude set me up with (6) XL boiled crabs along with a 6 pack of beer to enjoy watching NFL. I swear I burned more calories trying to eat those things, but they were delicious.

I pretty sure folks in Maryland put Old Bay seasoning on their ice cream and in their coffee.

Dungeness are much easier to crack than blues. One big ocean crab is all I can eat if I have French bread, garlic butter, and adult beverages.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

YUM!!!!!!!

I used to hunt the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland them blue crab, cakes are awesome too!

Last edited by KillerBee; 09/23/22.

KB

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

Dungeness are much easier to crack than blues. One big ocean crab is all I can eat if I have French bread, garlic butter, and adult beverages.

P

8” crab
8” chunk of bread
8” pour of wine

Best meal on earth

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
How To Cook Crack And Clean Crabs:

Step 1: Use commas.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If all you are looking at is how long it takes to get a meal, king crab reigns... so rich and so big it takes no time at all... especially at Costco where right now they have red kings 4-7 count!!!!!!!!!!!! that is 4-7 pieces per 10# box! Imagine a 2.5# crab leg!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

You don't get full from eating them, you just get tired.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Was in Newport week before last and stopped at the South Beach Market for some steamer clams. They were selling whole crab for $24.99 a pound, $50.00 for a commercial size crab, with a line out the door all day long.

While we were in line an older guy with Idaho plates hefted a cooler full of crab over to the outside cooker and there were six legal males in the lot, everything else was females. The dude doing the cooking told him to take his cooler and get lost.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang,

I would love that.

Newport
Yeah, Only a 8 hr or so drive and close to 400 miles, which adds up to a round trip of too many Biden gallons of gas. But I really do appreciate the offer.

In it is contentment

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Was in Newport week before last and stopped at the South Beach Market for some steamer clams. They were selling whole crab for $24.99 a pound, $50.00 for a commercial size crab, with a line out the door all day long.

While we were in line an older guy with Idaho plates hefted a cooler full of crab over to the outside cooker and there were six legal males in the lot, everything else was females. The dude doing the cooking told him to take his cooler and get lost.

Not knowing the regs ticks me off to no end.

What gets me riled up worse though is the certain ethnic groups that get caught occasionally with coolers and coolers full of every size and sex. Everything they haul up goes into the coolers, and I presume to the Asian markets or restaurants. I'm talking 300 - 400 crabs. mad

Makes you wonder how many of the poachers out there don't get caught.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Do people make spaghetti sauce with them like we do with blue crabs in the northeast?

Back couple weeks ago I netted couple dozen blue claws and made a nice sized pot of sauce. Been cooking 'em this way for years and have refined my recipe to rival most Italian restaurants. Any leftover gets frozen, less the actual crabs.

-Ken

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BBQ crabs like they served at Sartains in Sabine Pass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
King crabs are best, followed by snow and the small ones are kind of a tie. All the little ones taste the same to me. We have lots of blues here and they're very easy to catch. Mrs. Geno likes claws but I'm a west indies salad lover from way back. I'll happily eat them any way they're fixed. I prefer all of them cleaned before cooking.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (19rabbit52, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,855 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,707
Posts18,456,861
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.