Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
You might as well stop. Ford started taking orders for the 2923 model on the 15th, and stopped on the 22, all sold out for the year.

Nobody wants a cheap little pickup, at least that’s what they told us for years.

As an aside, saw a pretty decent looking VW pickup on the interstate yesterday. Dang, THAT was a tiny little thing! Not sure I’d want to go back to anything that small, but I understand now how they got 50MPG with that little diesel.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The vw pickup is based on the ford ranger, smaller though, saw one in Post Falls last week in a vw lot.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 5spd
The vw pickup is based on the ford ranger, smaller though, saw one in Post Falls last week in a vw lot.

The new VW pickup is not available in the US and being a current VW something I would not touch.

Old VW pickup was based on the Rabbit. A friend owned one and was quite pleased with it . He was a crane operator and drove it all over the place for work.

My neighbor up the street just bought a Maverick Lariat . One year wait she was told. I told her that it gives you a year to realize what an Idiot you were for buying it.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The new VW pickup is not available in the US and being a current VW something I would not touch.

Old VW pickup was based on the Rabbit. A friend owned one and was quite pleased with it . He was a crane operator and drove it all over the place for work.

My neighbor up the street just bought a Maverick Lariat . One year wait she was told. I told her that it gives you a year to realize what an Idiot you were for buying it.

Why?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The bed is 54” long

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

Because it is a FORD and who needs a small pickup?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

how old are you?....bob

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My uncle has a Maverick Lariat and he loves it. He of course isn’t a farmer or construction foreman, just a retired guy who occasionally has to haul a lawnmower or a chair or something.

I plan to get one for my wife in a year or two if we can find one when the time is right. I view them as a far more useful version of a midsize car, decent mileage, easy to maneuver in parking lots, and far more versatile than a Camry.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by EdM

Why?

how old are you?....bob

Why do you ask? If you don't like what I post don't phu-cking read it. We are all entitled to our opinions.

The maverick will have a 2.0 liter direct injection turbo engine. Honda is having all kinds of issue with same size engine and Honda is the gold standard for small engines.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
simply asking if you are talking from experience or out of youthful stupidity ....bob

Last edited by BobMt; 09/24/22.
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Different maker, but it was on the news the other night that the Dodge 1500 3L diesel will be no more and it will be replaced by an electric one. Can anyone confirm that?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BobMt
simply asking if you are talking from experience or out of youthful stupidity ....bob

Talking from a lot of experience , I used to sell the phreaking things in the 70's and was the Truck manager. We never had a ford truck ever come back, cars not so much. Complete different company and philosophy these days.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Different maker, but it was on the news the other night that the Dodge 1500 3L diesel will be no more and it will be replaced by an electric one. Can anyone confirm that?

https://tfltruck.com/2022/09/news-2...-will-the-be-the-last-light-duty-diesel/

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 09/24/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Local Ford dealer has 3 2022 Mavericks in stock.

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeL2

What's the amount over invoice they want for them? The average dealer sticker is 18.4% over MSRP.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2022-ford-maverick-among-top-new-vehicles-priced-over-msrp/

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not sure I’ve seen an uglier vehicle in my life.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Front Wheel Drive. I think I'm going to be sick....

Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
Front Wheel Drive. I think I'm going to be sick....

LOL, can you feel your weenie shrinking just thinking about it?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dutch

What's the amount over invoice they want for them? The average dealer sticker is 18.4% over MSRP.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/09/2022-ford-maverick-among-top-new-vehicles-priced-over-msrp/
Listed at MRSP on their website, no markup.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dutch

Listed at MRSP on their website, no markup.
Does Elton John sell Fords online?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 12 invisible), 1,692 guests, and 757 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,775
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.