Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Straight from a Lib/fantasy website that was advertised in my browser, so you know it's true.
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/house-of-the-dragon-olivia-cooke-trump-1234766026/

‘House of the Dragon’ Star Olivia Cooke Was Told to Play Her Character Like a Trump Supporter
Olivia Cooke couldn’t stomach even pretending to be a Trump supporter.

The “House of the Dragon” actress, who took over the role of Alicent Hightower from Emily Carey due to a series time jump, revealed that co-showrunners Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condal advised her to find inspiration from the disgraced former president. The series creators told Cooke to view the character Queen Alicent like a “woman for Trump.”

“I just didn’t want to give them any more mental real estate than they already had,” Cooke told Entertainment Weekly about calling back to the Trump family. “So I tried to find a different route into her, but I could see what they were saying with this complete indoctrination and denial of her own autonomy and rights. I just couldn’t be asked to go down that road.”

Cooke noted that Alicent has been “bittered and twisted over time” due to her prescribed gender role.

“Alicent has been completely bred to breed, and to breed powerful men. That’s her only function in this life,” Cooke said. “She can tell herself that she’s going to sway and nurture and persuade in a very womanly, feminine way, but it’s all [bleep] bullshit. Unless you’re fighting the men, you’ll never be heard. It’s learning to live within this straightjacket of oppression. How do I move inch by inch every single day to loosen the straps?”

RELATED
'The Vow, Part Two' Trailer: NXIVM Founder Keith Raniere Goes on Trial
'House of the Dragon' Intimacy Coordinator: We're Sensitive to 'Thrones' Bad Rap for 'Gratuitous' Sex
She added that Alicent has to “walk this tightrope for her whole entire life,” and that Cooke found a “humanitarian hook” for the character.

“You’re seeing her struggle with her womanhood and the power that she does have to play that is completely separate from her husband or her father or even her children. And also just moralistically where she stands when she isn’t listening to her father anymore,” Cooke said. “I think what we see in her evolution is this complete existential crisis.”

The “Thoroughbreds” actress continued, “She does some [bleep] despicable stuff. But then you’ve got to think, she’s trying to protect her son. She’s trying to uphold the patriarchy. She’s trying to uphold the legitimacy of the crown. All these things that she feels are so much bigger than she is. I think that’s why when she can’t control that, she turns to faith more as some sort of tangible element of control, because she doesn’t have any in her life whatsoever.”

Cooke concluded, “She’s got all these men around her that just want a piece of her, or want to use her in a specific way, but no one actually has her best interest. It’s just a really lonely existence.”
Sign Up: Stay on top of the latest breaking film and TV news! Sign up for our Email Newsletters here.

Politics is War by Other Means
BP-B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Dah ..

It kills me to no end when people on here profess to be Right of Center or MAGA and ask what your watching on Netflix.. Showtime ..

Your supporting your own Demise.

These Loons contribute Millions to your Destruction..

You People are the “Game of Thrones “

As we get Weaker they Thru Your Support Grow Stronger..

I know some of You watch the “View”

You want your Country Back or NOT Bitches ..

Roll Them or They Roll You

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Somebody needs a time out.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They live in a fantasy world, they wouldn't last 2 days in the real world.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
They live in a fantasy world, they wouldn't last 2 days in the real world.

Killed their own industry.

Tain't real smart.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing but Liberal Trash and weirdos living in Hollywood got no use for the celebrities living there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't Sandra Bullock say she was disgusted to play a Christian woman in The Blind Side ?

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Riverc
Nothing but Liberal Trash and weirdos living in Hollywood got no use for the celebrities living there.

Ignorance and bigotry seem to go so well together.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal

OK whatever you say our views are different and you know what we both have rights to our opinions. So have a nice day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They can rollerskate in a Buffalo herd. Briefly.
They can’t be happy without a mind or two.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Nothing but nutty MFER’s out there

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal

...our views are different and you know what we both have rights to our opinions...

We do both have rights to our opinions. Mine is that ignorance and bigotry go well together. Yours (from thousands of miles away) is that "Nothing but Liberal trash and weirdos live in Hollywood" ; a statement sadly based on bigotry and ignorance.

I actually have been to Hollywood many times, and have conservative friends who happen to live there. They are neither weirdos nor liberals nor trash. You can hang onto your hatred and bigotry if you must. But you can learn and therefore reduce your ignorance by some small measure.

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pal

...our views are different and you know what we both have rights to our opinions...

We do both have rights to our opinions. Mine is that ignorance and bigotry go well together. Yours (from thousands of miles away) is that "Nothing but Liberal trash and weirdos live in Hollywood" ; a statement sadly based on bigotry and ignorance.

I actually have been to Hollywood many times, and have conservative friends who happen to live there. They are neither weirdos nor liberals nor trash. You can hang onto your hatred and bigotry if you must. But you can learn and therefore reduce your ignorance by some small measure.

What’s the rate of homosexuality per capita in Hollywood? Is it ok to say I find that practice abhorrent, or does that make me an ignorant bigot? Lol

MAGA
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pal

Here I thought you were agreeing with Riverc!
The words of this actress are the height of ignorance and self loathing. And apparently everyone on the set agrees with her mindset. The creators (notice plural) are of that mindset and apparently everyone else on the set agreed. Or at least they were too big of [bleep] to protest.

Irredeemable. I hope Hollywood gets nuked along with DC.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What was your first clue? I may see one film per decade.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pal

Here I thought you were agreeing with Riverc!
The words of this actress are the height of ignorance and self loathing. And apparently everyone on the set agrees with her mindset. The creators (notice plural) are of that mindset and apparently everyone else on the set agreed. Or at least they were too big of [bleep] to protest.

Irredeemable. I hope Hollywood gets nuked along with DC.

“Somebody Needs a Time Out “

Texas Ranger

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
The country wouldn’t be worse if hollyweird just disappeared

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
...What’s the rate of homosexuality per capita in Hollywood? Is it ok to say I find that practice abhorrent, or does that make me an ignorant bigot? Lol

No. You were probably an ignorant bigot before saying that. smile (I too find the practice abhorrent)

Seriously, do you need another reason to hate people who live in Hollywood? Or California in general?

Honestly I don't know the rate of homosexuality, per capita, in Hollywood. Nor do I care if it is higher or lower than any other city/town in the state or country. An old friend has a grown son who happens to be gay. Should I un-friend him? I've been intimate with women who were switch-hitters. Should I have myself tested? smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
...What’s the rate of homosexuality per capita in Hollywood? Is it ok to say I find that practice abhorrent, or does that make me an ignorant bigot? Lol

No. You were probably an ignorant bigot before saying that. smile (I too find the practice abhorrent)

Seriously, do you need another reason to hate people who live in Hollywood? Or California in general?

Honestly I don't know the rate of homosexuality, per capita, in Hollywood. Nor do I care if it is higher or lower than any other city/town in the state or country. An old friend has a grown son who happens to be gay. Should I un-friend him? I've been intimate with women who were switch-hitters. Should I have myself tested? smile

No offense, but I really think you are gay. Have fun, but keep it private and limit yourself to adults please.

Playing the victim card "people pick on California" is more than a little passé at this point.

MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (12344mag, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 86 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,691
Posts18,399,843
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.