Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by sbhooper
OK, since no one wants to give a decent answer to the OP, I will weigh in. I do not own either scope, but have read lots of good stuff on the Meopta. However, there are lots of good reviews on the Arken, also, and personally know a dealer that puts them on the same level, quality-wise, with Athlon.

Keep bashing all you want, but the guy asked a legit question. Everybody thinks that they have to make a political statement to answer a question. I prefer to avoid China, also, but lots of this stuff is made in China through other companies, just like many other things. Like I said, I want to see what is left in the houses of all you flag wavers, when Chinese-sourced goods are removed. Unbelievable. LMAO at the stupidity.

“Everybody thinks they need to make a political statement” and here you go with your own.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a lot of behind the gun experience with my Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 and 5-30x56. I have shot both to 1000 yards on 6.5 CMs. Very good glass and great features and quality above their price. I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have used at least 30 different scopes on everything from a .17 Spring to a .375 H&H, with zero issues. Reach out to Doug at CamerlandNY, he can help you and may have an open box to sell. He's a big sponsor of this site and nice to support those who support us. These FFP scopes are a hot ticket and can be hard to come by with most spoken for before they reach the US so you may have to wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since this has swung sideways, as usual, I'll ad that the proliferation of Chinese goods into our economy can be laid squarely at the feet of our elected officials and their self-destructive policies. Interestingly enough, I am no fan of the Chinese AND I am no fan of 90+% of our political class.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to see an Ptika6 worth a fhuqk. None of mine would track,hold zero or repeat...but of course I'm not a shill and bought same with my own money. Hint.

In regards to Arken,I've only (10) or so of the Gen2 4-16x FFP Mil/Mil's and they are simply fhuqking exceptional. The reticle is killer,there's 35+ Mil's of erector,the zero stop do just that,parallax control is 10-ish yds and forgiving. Hint.

Though I'm talking exceptional rifles,most of which are Custom and I shoot more than a "smidge". Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Im no fan of Chinese optics but i know of several guys with the newer Arkens and they love them. The recent sale for under $300 on their SH4 Gen2 scopes is a very very fair price. If you want to try an Arken, try one of the "cheapies". Ive yet to talk to someone that wasnt happy for what they paid and the damn things track.

Under $300 and with the code you get the extras cheap too.
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/arken-optics

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a 4-14 based on Stick's recommendation, and am liking it so far.

As stated, reticle is easy to like, and the zero stop nearly fool proof.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Now this thread is gaining some traction I think everyone that has been productive. The biggest drawback to the Arken that I know what I've heard of is the weight for my intended purpose.. here in the negativity on Meopta and I have read this elsewhere.. it was quite disappointed...
Throw another monkey in the wrench. Has anybody got much knowledge of the upper end hawke as in The sidewinder or frontier models?

Last edited by ldholton; 09/28/22.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I don't like China any more then anyone else, but where does your phone, computer, TV, most car parts, tires, dog food, cat food, human food, ect. and we worry about someone buying a scope that is made there. Don't blame the poor guy that may not be able to afford a $1500, $2000 or $3500 scope, blame the representatives in government that have made it that way. Not calling anyone hypocrites but if you are not buying all the things listed above from somewhere other than China maybe you should look in the mirror

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.