Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Meopta optika 6 4.5-27x50. vs Arken ep 5 5-25 x56 ???

BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Czech Republic vs China as far as I’m concerned.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BillyE
That is fact .. but Arken gets very good reviews..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No direct experience with the Arken. Have a good friend who's been running one for about a year. He's happy with it.

I have an Optika 6 that I've been happy with. So far so good on tracking and RTZ, but haven't had enough rounds through it to really draw any conclusions other than at this stage if the game I'd but another. Glass, ER, EB are all great. Hoping to get more shooting volume and knocking around use on it over the winter.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ldholton
So you support the Communist Party when there are other options?

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Huntz
Don't even start that. No I do not support communist China One of the products I am interested in learning about it happens to be made in China I wish it wasn't. I'm sure you bought more stuff last week made in China than you realize that is unfortunate for our country these days yes.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz
Don't even start that. No I do not support communist China One of the products I am interested in learning about it happens to be made in China I wish it wasn't. I'm sure you bought more stuff last week made in China than you realize that is unfortunate for our country these days yes.
You are probably right,but when I have a choice,I don`t buy Chink. No matter how good they are supposed to be.

Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
One company has been around forever making sport optics. One company showed up yesterday. I not thrilled with either, but between those two, easy choice for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Easy pass on Made in China, no matter how good they are

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I want to see how many things are left in peoples' houses after they take out all of the terrible Chinese stuff. crazy

He was asking opinions of the scopes-not politics.

Last edited by sbhooper; 09/25/22.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I want to see how many things are left in peoples' houses after they take out all of the terrible Chinese stuff. crazy

Well he got an opinion on scopes .Don`t buy one from The Country that wants to exterminate you.Pretty simple, except for the simple minded.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Can't bust them up too bad. I actually understand what they're saying and kind of agree. But some products are actually coming out pretty good from China that's why my question was asked. Most of the hard line never buy nothing from China people really don't have a clue how much is made in China nor do they have any other way to support America other than online keyboard warrior type stuff carry on.
If I stick with one of the two choices I will probably go with Meopta. I already have several Meopta made Zeiss conquest, as well as Cabela's me up to made Instinct
.. but with all the good chatter about the Arken thought it would be a good question to ask and maybe some have experience with both..

Last edited by ldholton; 09/25/22.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Slow Joe, Mitch, and the rest of our government sold us out to China long ago. Even if we did try to fight our way back at this point it's pointless. They have miles and miles of high speed trains, they build highways in weeks, and hospitals in days, and have been allowed to steal our technology at will. Here we need a five year study to see if we need a hospital. LOL Our people in washington have sold us out lock, stock, and barrel. But hay don't buy that chink scope if it makes ya feel better.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I think some people are missing my point--not that they don't have decent points of their own. I have certain things I can control. I can't control what Washington does, I can't control that almost all electronics are made in China. I can control what I spend my money on, when I have a choice. In this case, there's a choice between a NATO partner and China. It's important enough to me to spend extra money if I need to.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think some people are missing my point--not that they don't have decent points of their own. I have certain things I can control. I can't control what Washington does, I can't control that almost all electronics are made in China. I can control what I spend my money on, when I have a choice. In this case, there's a choice between a NATO partner and China. It's important enough to me to spend extra money if I need to.
Same here.

I can’t avoid every nickel and dime item made in China but when I can I do so, especially with bigger dollar items that I’ve already taken the time to research or sense of pride items such as something going on my rifles. I avoid China line the plague.

I have a few Meopta made Zeiss branded scopes and a pair of Meopta binoculars and have always been happy with the quality and value.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

This is a hunting optic forum where we discuss optics not household goods.

Am amazed at the reasons people use to justify Chinese made optics purchases

If you ask enough people some will give Joe Biden good reviews also

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 338rcm
If you ask enough people some will give Joe Biden good reviews also

He's been great for the TikTok video creators

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OK, since no one wants to give a decent answer to the OP, I will weigh in. I do not own either scope, but have read lots of good stuff on the Meopta. However, there are lots of good reviews on the Arken, also, and personally know a dealer that puts them on the same level, quality-wise, with Athlon.

Keep bashing all you want, but the guy asked a legit question. Everybody thinks that they have to make a political statement to answer a question. I prefer to avoid China, also, but lots of this stuff is made in China through other companies, just like many other things. Like I said, I want to see what is left in the houses of all you flag wavers, when Chinese-sourced goods are removed. Unbelievable. LMAO at the stupidity.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've owned a decent amount of Meopta glass and haven't had anything to complain about to date. I'm also like a lot of the guys who have commented here, I too try to avoid Chinese made optics, or anything for that matter. If you really pay attention, it's a shame how much stuff we buy that is made in China.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
OK, since no one wants to give a decent answer to the OP, I will weigh in. I do not own either scope, but have read lots of good stuff on the Meopta. However, there are lots of good reviews on the Arken, also, and personally know a dealer that puts them on the same level, quality-wise, with Athlon.

Keep bashing all you want, but the guy asked a legit question. Everybody thinks that they have to make a political statement to answer a question. I prefer to avoid China, also, but lots of this stuff is made in China through other companies, just like many other things. Like I said, I want to see what is left in the houses of all you flag wavers, when Chinese-sourced goods are removed. Unbelievable. LMAO at the stupidity.

I agree. The only thing I can add is one guy that I shoot with in a long range varmint silhouette match every month uses an Arken. I believe it is the 5-25x56. He does quite well with it and usually scores pretty high. He says he likes it better than the Leupold he used to use in these competitions. I was pretty impressed, just by how well he does with it. The shoot we do is a good test for optics and turrets. We need reliable and repeatability and the Arken seems to work every bit as well as the rest of the optics we use. Those would include Nightforce, Vortex, US Optics, and the upper tier Leupolds.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

“Everybody thinks they need to make a political statement” and here you go with your own.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a lot of behind the gun experience with my Meopta Optika6 4.5-27x50 and 5-30x56. I have shot both to 1000 yards on 6.5 CMs. Very good glass and great features and quality above their price. I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have used at least 30 different scopes on everything from a .17 Spring to a .375 H&H, with zero issues. Reach out to Doug at CamerlandNY, he can help you and may have an open box to sell. He's a big sponsor of this site and nice to support those who support us. These FFP scopes are a hot ticket and can be hard to come by with most spoken for before they reach the US so you may have to wait.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since this has swung sideways, as usual, I'll ad that the proliferation of Chinese goods into our economy can be laid squarely at the feet of our elected officials and their self-destructive policies. Interestingly enough, I am no fan of the Chinese AND I am no fan of 90+% of our political class.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've yet to see an Ptika6 worth a fhuqk. None of mine would track,hold zero or repeat...but of course I'm not a shill and bought same with my own money. Hint.

In regards to Arken,I've only (10) or so of the Gen2 4-16x FFP Mil/Mil's and they are simply fhuqking exceptional. The reticle is killer,there's 35+ Mil's of erector,the zero stop do just that,parallax control is 10-ish yds and forgiving. Hint.

Though I'm talking exceptional rifles,most of which are Custom and I shoot more than a "smidge". Hint....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Im no fan of Chinese optics but i know of several guys with the newer Arkens and they love them. The recent sale for under $300 on their SH4 Gen2 scopes is a very very fair price. If you want to try an Arken, try one of the "cheapies". Ive yet to talk to someone that wasnt happy for what they paid and the damn things track.

Under $300 and with the code you get the extras cheap too.
https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/arken-optics

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a 4-14 based on Stick's recommendation, and am liking it so far.

As stated, reticle is easy to like, and the zero stop nearly fool proof.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Now this thread is gaining some traction I think everyone that has been productive. The biggest drawback to the Arken that I know what I've heard of is the weight for my intended purpose.. here in the negativity on Meopta and I have read this elsewhere.. it was quite disappointed...
Throw another monkey in the wrench. Has anybody got much knowledge of the upper end hawke as in The sidewinder or frontier models?

Last edited by ldholton; 09/28/22.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I don't like China any more then anyone else, but where does your phone, computer, TV, most car parts, tires, dog food, cat food, human food, ect. and we worry about someone buying a scope that is made there. Don't blame the poor guy that may not be able to afford a $1500, $2000 or $3500 scope, blame the representatives in government that have made it that way. Not calling anyone hypocrites but if you are not buying all the things listed above from somewhere other than China maybe you should look in the mirror

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
762 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 82 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,064
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.