Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The Border Crisis Is Just The Tip Of The Iceberg. In Mexico, A Cartel Crisis Looms

Amid record numbers of illegal border-crossers, a larger crisis looms in Mexico with dire implications for the United States.

That crisis, put simply, is the gradual takeover of the Mexican state by cartels. I hesitate to call them “drug cartels,” because what these criminal organizations do goes far beyond the manufacture and trafficking of narcotics. In addition to drugs, Mexican cartels are now involved in industrial agriculture, port operations, migrant smuggling, human trafficking, and even the control and distribution of water in drought-stricken parts of the country.

Although the border crisis is a direct result of Biden’s policies, the cartels are exploiting those policies for profit. One estimate from Homeland Security Investigations puts the figure at $13 billion annually, up from just $500 million in 2018. That is to say, illegal immigration has been industrialized by these cartels and their smuggling networks. It is not too much to say they have turned the southwest border into a vast black market, not just for deadly drugs such as fentanyl, but also for illegal immigration.

The report, whose author has remained anonymous for safety reasons, chronicles the recent history of deep collusion between the Mexican state and the country’s most powerful drug cartels: “The unfortunate reality is that criminal cartels have burrowed their way into the government — and vice versa. Well-meaning public servants, of whom Mexico has many, are powerless against a nexus of senior officeholders, societal elites, and criminal cartels.”

Thanks to a new law pushed by López Obrador’s administration aimed at curbing the operations of foreign agents (clearly aimed at the DEA), decades of U.S.-Mexico bilateral cooperation has been effectively ended.

The qualitative difference since 2018 has been the near-open role of the current Mexican president in allowing, and perhaps even participating in, that cooperation.” Indeed, by some estimates cartels now control up to 40 percent of Mexican territory.

It means the corruption of Mexican officialdom will gradually spread to American officialdom, just as the operations of Mexican cartels have spread to every corner of the United States.

What to do about all this? The first step is for the United States to stop treating Mexico like a partner or a peer with whom we can work together to address common challenges. Our entire posture has to shift. We have to begin treating Mexico less like an ally and more like a hostile neighbor.

More here:

https://thefederalist.com/2022/09/2...iceberg-in-mexico-a-cartel-crisis-looms/

While a battle with the ChiComs is brewing, a battle with Mexico should be as well.

The ChiComs have paid-off many of our politicians, how many have been paid-off by the Cartels? My bet is a lot.

Meanwhile, The Swamp insists we keep sending BILLIONS more to Ukraine to "fight for Democracy". Pushing for nuclear war in the process.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the news. I don't even know how to find it on my own.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I went outside today

We shot shotguns, drove thru Yellow Creek, fished, ruined a dude’s bow opener, cut in spokes of a thicket to a new stand

Good times

And yall read the news. laughing

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
I went outside today

We shot shotguns, drove thru Yellow Creek, fished, ruined a dude’s bow opener, cut in spokes of a thicket to a new stand

Good times

And yet, here you are.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I went outside today

Good times

Is that the bow hunter coming after you?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SupFoo
I went outside today

Good times

And yet, here you are.

I’ve already made a full day of it. Now I’m here to bring attention to your do-nothing ass

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I went outside today

Good times

Think that's gaydes truck.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I went outside today

Good times

Bowhunting “Chad” is back at his daddy’s house boo-hooing why daddy didn’t buy more than 1-1/2 acres

Another fence sitter

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
the gradual takeover of the Mexican state by cartels

I think they done took it over years ago.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just declare war and attack.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Cut and paste brought to a new level by another post whore.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I’ve already made a full day of it. Now I’m here to bring attention to your do-nothing ass

"full day of it" What, tearing up the woods and creeks with you chitty pick-up truck?

Oh, I guess that is still considered some sort of "mating call" in your neck of the woods.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Post pics of you sitting at your computer in your dirty trailer

Tell us the end is near and alla that shït

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Continue to contribute nothing to this forum but your cut and paste garbage

Don’t even engage other members that tag on to your threads

Just off to cut and clip some other blog drivel, lather rinse repeat

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Post pics of you sitting at your computer in your dirty trailer

Tell us the end is near and alla that shït

Why the hostility to me?

Girls found your repeated beer drinking off-road antics boring, so now you be in a bad mood?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Most of us know youre likely a jobless pos, divorced, 80 lbs overweight, getting on barely more than your underwear is daily fare for you.

Haven’t seen you dick in 30 years

Hoping someone will pay you some shred of attention

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mining through blogs with only a couple hundred subscribers to give us “the latest” jimmy olsen town cryer from obscure no name writers

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hoping someone will pay you some shred of attention

Oh, you got a lock on that one with your teen cartoons and TikTok videos.

Intellectual giant contributor you are.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I do not know what the exalted campfire geopolitical soothsayers think about Peter Ziehan, but as invited speaker to Army War College and Maneuver Center of Excellence, he told the officers that their next shooting war will be with the cartel controlled Mexican Government. The vacuum created by the removal of el Chapo was filled by crazies who only see drug smuggling as a small part of their power. Ziehan went on to list the similarities between the disaster we called Afghanistan, and the expansion of the Mex cartels power and reach across our border. We shall see in due time if he called it correctly. He pretty well nailed the China economic crisis a year ahead of time. He nailed Putin's game plan 2 years ahead of time.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.