Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
COOL STORY !!!!

I may or may not have spent some time at a shop in the Summerville area at one time or another. grin

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My late brother met Ben Rogers Lee. He said he was quite the character.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
He said he was quite the character.

He was.

Met him somewhere around 1983.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was my good friend and legend Alex Vedrinski. He beat Preston Pitman in a couple gobbling championships. Made it on the Regis and Cathy Lee show. The guy was the best natured and funny guy you could ever meet. He hunted with my family for many years. Eventually started a call company Chestnut Ridge Calls. He could also skin a muskrat in under 60 seconds. He’s a legend to me. Miss him!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

This was my good friend and legend Alex Vedrinski. He beat Preston Pitman in a couple gobbling championships. Made it on the Regis and Cathy Lee show. The guy was the best natured and funny guy you could ever meet. He hunted with my family for many years. Eventually started a call company Chestnut Ridge Calls. He could also skin a muskrat in under 60 seconds. He’s a legend to me. Miss him!

I knew Alex (and Rick) VERY well.

Alex was a GREAT guy and a grade-A doofball. Gone way too soon.................

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Until I came to this site and then LFC joined and declared himself god of turkey hunting, I had never even heard of that bozo. Lots of others, yes. LFC? Hell no.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Your full of chit I ain't declared or bragged about nothing until I was pushed.....

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Your full of chit I ain't declared or bragged about nothing until I was pushed.....

So you admit your did brag and declare...

The truth always comes out.

Originally Posted by LFC
You really don't understand the hate and jealousy in the turkey call making world.

The reason you can't even mention another call makers name without running him down. All your posts are like that. Even you stupid twice-posted "Legends I've met" thread was intended to belittle those "legends."

Your fugging ego knows no bounds.

So, God of Turkey Hunting, point to us an article, book or study you've authored. Or are you in this just to glorify yourself and make money off your calls that you can't seem to make anything come out of except a god awful squawl?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Yoder409

I knew Alex (and Rick) VERY well.

Alex was a GREAT guy and a grade-A doofball. Gone way too soon.................

That's cool that you knew him, Yoder. I never really knew Rick, though it seems he's carrying on well. It's funny Alex never brought Rick to hunt with us. I knew Alex since I started hunting. He's really the one responsible for getting me going turkey hunting and using mouth calls. I recall he wasn't much on friction calls and regalia. He used to say, I only carry two calls, one in a pocket and one in my mouth. And the one in my pocket is just in case I lose the one in my mouth.

I remember when he started making diaphram calls, and selling some. He said he'd go to the pharmacy and buy condoms by the case. He said after the 3rd time or so in as many weeks, they kinda started to look at him a little differently.... He said, be careful, though. You want to make sure you get the UN-lubricated ones. For a big guy, he could sure cover a lot of ground. I don't think I ever saw him without a smile on his face. A grade-A doofball he certainly was.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He and Rick's Chestnut Ridge booth (and Bill and Deb Zearing's) was almost always within one or two spaces of ours at shows and the NWTF Convention. So you get to know people pretty well year after year after year. Alex and Rick gave me quite a bunch of their calls over the years. I always enjoyed watching Alex in the NWTF gobbling contest.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Met the legend himself, shared a camp and tipped a few with our very own Ingwe !!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
George Digweed, Andy Duffy, Bobby Fowler, Dieter Krieghoff. "Legends" of a sort but whatever. Just people. Never saw the value in bragging you "met" someone who did more than you in whatever discipline you find important or interesting. Doesn't make you some sort of bad ass. I mean, I had the great fortune to train with and work with some SEALS, I wasn't one, I just met and worked with them - does it make me a bad ass? Nope. Same as "meeting a legend".

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
George Digweed

George is THE MAN !!!

I'd love to spend a day under his instruction.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
He and Rick's Chestnut Ridge booth (and Bill and Deb Zearing's) was almost always within one or two spaces of ours at shows and the NWTF Convention. So you get to know people pretty well year after year after year. Alex and Rick gave me quite a bunch of their calls over the years. I always enjoyed watching Alex in the NWTF gobbling contest.

Did you like his turkey beard he made from frayed bailer twine? Funny, this thread got me thinking about him. Didn't sleep half the night. So many guys I miss from the old days.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Did you like his turkey beard he made from frayed bailer twine? Funny, this thread got me thinking about him. Didn't sleep half the night. So many guys I miss from the old days.....

Yeah. He wore that thing around...........looked like a horse's tail !!!!! LOL !!!!!!

A local guy was all worried because he lost the plastic factory beard from his turkey decoy (that's a story in itself). So I made him a baler twine beard ala Alex only a whole lot smaller. grin

Alex had a turkey suit, too. Wore it at the gobbling contest at least once.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Yeah. He wore that thing around...........looked like a horse's tail !!!!! LOL !!!!!!

A local guy was all worried because he lost the plastic factory beard from his turkey decoy (that's a story in itself). So I made him a baler twine beard ala Alex only a whole lot smaller. grin

Yeah, he wore that on the Regis and Cathy lee show. Imagine on national TV.... He looked like a giant butterball.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, he wore that on the Regis and Cathy lee show. Imagine on national TV.... He looked like a giant butterball.

Yeah. He was a bit bigger guy than me. He looked like a total doof in that suit..........and smiled like a Chessie cat the whole time !!!

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
A legend I knew pretty good from phone conversations and letters he wrote me but I never actually met face to face....

Dwain Bland author of "The Turkey Hunters Digest".

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

A clue....like I figured an NWTF boOth bOy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I can speak for everyone here in the turkey forum and say that we're PROUD of you, Luther !!!

You just might figure out Blues Clues, yet !!!!

🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
245 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.