-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Added this Citori Feather Superlight 16 ga. in January of this year. About 6 lbs on the nose — a true maiden’s wand from Browning (TIC). Nevertheless, I will tip my hat to them.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

N
N
Wow, a lot of beautiful guns on here. Here is my recent intro to the 16ga, a Browning Citori 525. There is a small backstory to this gun. When I was about 12 years old, I'd go to the local Gander Mountain with my dad and we'd look at the guns. Back then, they were all out on racks where you could handle them. I remember that as soon as I saw the Browning 525's and shouldered one, I fell in love. But affording one was absolutely impossible. As the next 25 years passed, desire for an O/U never left me, but it was always a luxury I couldn't afford. One week, before a upcoming hunt in SD, I was taking interest in the 16 ga. It was fall of 2020, so the guns in stock at the local stores was all pretty much gone at this point. So I did an internet search for 16 ga shotguns just to see what was out there. In the first 5 minutes, I ran into this gun in stock at a Sportsman's in California. I wasn't aware that Browning had re-made the 525 recently and couldn't believe I was looking at the gun that started this 25 years of searching for an O/U. It was an opportunity I was determined not to miss again. Best part was, they shipped it immediately to a store in MM that was on my way to SD, so I got to hunt with it just days later. Had a great hunt, wish I'd have taken some pictures.

Edit: Apparently I don't know how to post pictures very well, not sure why its so small.

Attached Images
Citori525_16.jpeg (13.91 KB, 411 downloads)
Last edited by Namekagon; 04/09/22.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RemModel8
Sears bolt action(583 something I think, probably made by H&R?)

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sorry if this has already been answered because I haven't read through the whole topic yet.

But, Nope. That's a High Standard. I have the big brother to it, but it's not in nowhere that good condition. I need to get a new stock for mine. I have it frankensteined to where I can use it, but it needs a stock. It surprisingly is a really good patterning gun. I checked the choke with a set of calipers, and it would actually be an XXFull choke.

As for 16 gauge shotgun pic thread, I only have two. My first shotgun that my Dad gave to me when I was 13. It's a Steven mod 94. Best I can tell was made in 1977. I'm not sure what the gun book value is of the gun, but I wouldn't take a million dollars for that one. That gun and I have walked many miles in the decades since then and just the fact that Dad gave it to me, that one will stay with me the rest of my days here. Pretty sure that my Dad gave $65 for it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The other, is a Western Field model with a bunch of made up numbers and letters that I can't recall xmh something or another I think, but it's a Noble model 60 with an adjustable vari-choke.

I'll be perfectly honest, I hate the adjustable choke with a passion and have found a couple of barrels for it that I may end up picking up that have fixed chokes. One a modified, and the other is a full choke. Still not sure yet, but the gun is still really tight considering it's a pre-68. It had so much plastic fouling in the barrel that I used a bronze brush hooked to my cordless drill to clean it all out when I first got it.

I paid a whopping $95 for that one simply because I wanted a pump 16.

Last edited by johna1; 09/15/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My newest 16 ga, a Kreighoff Trumpf Primus Dural 16 & 7X57R drilling. It has a Zimmerman full length 22 Hornet insert.

Five of these are in 12ga; the rest are 16.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dont know a damn thing about drilling. Husted to know why you scope them when 2 barrels are shotgun. Are you shooting slugs?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See that third barrel? I'm throwing 6,5 mm, 7 mm, and 8 mm bullets. The scopes dismount and re-mount back to zero. I hunt deer, chuckar, Huns, and grouse at the same time.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
870 with Sureshot stock and an Eotech

Attached Images
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Opening weekend was a bust. However the white-wing were there in abundance this week.

Arrieta 903 Sidelock, 16 gauge double!

It was a blast!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
L
L
We only have the mourning dove here which opens on 9/1. I limited out (15) and was walking back to the truck by 8:30am. We hunt sunflower fields put out by the game department. The dove can’t resist them, always a good time with tons of birds.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My newest addition 1919 Type III FN Browning Auto 5

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Just bought this one 2 weeks ago

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ROMAC
This is one of my 16 gauge LC Smith's. The first picture is with a few woodcock last season.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Beautiful shotgun ROMAC and great picture of the Woodcock!

I grew up in Quebec and we hunted them over our English Setters, tight quarter shooting in that thick bush. Every time I bumped one out of cover that noise they make always made me jump. lol

Cheers ~

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/20/22.

KB

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KillerBee
tight quarter shooting in that thick bush. Every time I bumped one out of cover that noise they make always made me jump. lol

Cheers ~

You're not alone. I look and sound more like a tap dancing screaming girl than a big guy with a gun sometimes and I'm not embarassed to admit it. LOL

But in order to keep with the picture thread, I have recently shortened my barrel and removed the external adjustable choke. I am in the process of going to thread it for internal chokes in order to improve how it shoots.

I have a few parts inbound that I'm going to modify to give it a ramped front sight. And I have determined how I'm going to be able to ream and tap the barrel to use a 20 ga cylinder choke (which is the same as a 16 gauge full. Further, I'm going to lathe out another 20 ga choke to make a modified choke for it since those are the main two chokes I want at this time.

It's going to take some work, but should be a good shooter by the time I'm finished.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johna1
Originally Posted by KillerBee
tight quarter shooting in that thick bush. Every time I bumped one out of cover that noise they make always made me jump. lol

Cheers ~

You're not alone. I look and sound more like a tap dancing screaming girl than a big guy with a gun sometimes and I'm not embarassed to admit it. LOL

yeppers, I think I left a couple of pairs of boots in the bush after jumping out of them over the years lol

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would love to show off my 16's, alas, the photo posting scheme here is demented.
Can't understand why the "powers that be" csn5 make posting photos much easier.

1904 - L.C. Smith
1932 - Rem "Sportsman"
1934 - Win M12
1952 - Win M12
1966 - Stevens M67D
None of them are fancy.
The poor old "Elsie", somebody before me used "mercury" primers and didn't clean it. Both barrels are pitted pretty badly and it's a bit loose in the breech. Family heirloom, it won't be going anywhere.
The Rem Sportsman has had Briley choke tube system installed.
The '34 M12 has been refinished and reblued. Still a great shooter.
The '52 M12 was rescued from a pawn shop in pretty rough shape. It's been returned to mechanical functionality but won't be reblued or refinished. It sports a Cutts Comp.
The Stevens is just a plain Jane, run of the mill. It was a present from my parents for my 16th birthday. It won't be going anywhere either!

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Just before I married my wife, her uncle gifted me a few of his old hunting guns at our bridal shower. She got gifts and I got guns. One of those was his old Browning Sweet Sixteen. From the serial number it was manufactured in 1952.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Took some better pictures of my Type III A5.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.