Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Neighbors fugging dog WILL NOT SHUT UP when they put it in an outside pen The barking/howling is NONSTOP at least 6-8 hours of the day I don’t want to be an a hole about it but when the wife starts coming at me about it It’s done got serious Any suggestions ???

BP-B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
City limits ??

Nuisance dog rules ?

Talk to the neighbor ?

Some people shouldn't have pets......let alone children

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
This is a sockpuppet.....no doubt.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I was finally forced to confront a neighbor about her barking german shepherd. I told her that the constant barking was destroying our quality of life, and if it persisted I was going to see to it that her quality of life would be destroyed as well. She bought a bark collar.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We had the same issue with what I call Barkie and Snarkie across the street. We put up with it for a long time thinking that since they were new to the neighborhood that the dogs would adjust, but they never did. I expect them to bark when there is something to bark at, but not just sit there and bark non-stop like the neurotic little dogs that they are. Bad owners generally have bad dogs, so one day in the dead of winter I called the local police and they sent out animal control to see for themselves. The dogs couldn’t have auditioned any better and both dogs got taken to the dog pound. It cost the people some $ to get them back and within a week they both had bark collars. Pretty much solved the barking issue.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
This was quite a few years ago at another address. Neighbors had a small dog that they let out at 5 am to do it’s business, every day. And often it barked a lot, right near our bedroom window.
My wife was very sick and needed sleep when they let the barker out. She was woke up.
About three minutes later I was semi naked beating on their front door. He answered the door holding the dog. I told him in no uncertain terms that dog had better not ever wake my sick wife up again, and I was very tired of being woke up by it frequently.
I’m not sure what happened, but that dog did not wake us again. I think they got rid of it.
To the OP, I’d have one civil conversation with the dog owner explaining that they must get control of that dog or it has to go. You might suggest a bark collar.

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Some times you have to train a neighbor, just like training a dog !!!!

"not too grumpy"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I had the same problem with neighbors dog. When it barked I called him on telephone and woke his ass up. When he quit answering the phone I would go and knock at his door very loud to make sure he was up also. After about a week he got rid of the damn dog. I told him if we do not sleep he is not going to sleep either. He found out I was very serious. I was ready to kill the worthless dog.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldwoody2
Some times you have to train a neighbor, just like training a dog !!!!

This. We had to train our next door neighbor, a renter, about their damn cat. Problem solved.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Have you got a dog? Dogs bark. It’s what they do. They hear better than we do. They smell better than we do. If there’s anything around they perceive they’re going to bark.
Good luck with your dilemma.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Get an ultrasonic training device. Every time the dogs let loose, point it at them and turn it on. Back door neighbor did that to neighbors who run a breeding operation, to good effect, and the thanks of the rest of us. Breeders never knew what was going on.

Last edited by denton; 09/25/22.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Many years ago, I happened into the backyard of a residence with two yappy, ankle biters.
One of them was yapping big time.
Everytime it yapped, the other squealed in pain! 🤔
Then it dawned on us, they both had on bark collars.
One bark collar was working, the other was not! LOL!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I had the same problem with neighbors dog. When it barked I called him on telephone and woke his ass up. When he quit answering the phone I would go and knock at his door very loud to make sure he was up also. After about a week he got rid of the damn dog. I told him if we do not sleep he is not going to sleep either. He found out I was very serious. I was ready to kill the worthless dog.

I did the same thing with my neighbor who was raising Beagles, When I started calling him in the middle of the night when the dogs woke me things changed.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.