Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Since the weather guessers completely missed (at least for now) the hurricane season activity for this year, they are trying to make up for it by 'crying wolf' over a tropical storm.

I've dont think i've ever seen so much fuss, made over so little nothing, in my life.

Now, it may change and become a Cat 5 hurricane, for all I know, but for now, it's just a windy thunderstorm.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Horror!

A Tropical Storm from Hell. Caused by Climate Change.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have come to expect very little truth from the media no matter what they are saying.

NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So far their prediction of hurricanes wiping out life as we know it this year has been less than inaccurate.

Their propaganda just didn't take.

In recent years, the more fuss they make about a hurricane, the more of a nothing burger it is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The west needs some of that rain

But not that much at once

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wet blow jobs are exciting.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Wet blow jobs are exciting.

PaulBicycle gives them out around Christmas.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The news here has been borderline angry that there haven't been any fugking storms this year and Oldman is spot on with his assessment of this one.

They did everything they could to scare the fugk out of everyone.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Who could forget this gem? 🤣

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Hurricanes cause a media frenzy. The weather channel is the worst

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yesterday the stores where full of freaked out hurricane novices running through the aisles as if a CAT 5 was going to hit us within 24 hrs.
This morning we are out of the “cone”. Tomorrow the stores will be full of the same people that were hoarding yesterday trying to return the crap they bought. I can tell when you take a hit and the electric and ac goes out and its 90 in your house the last thing you want to eat is hot soup and Dinty Moore stew. People was freaking out there was no bottled water. You should have your supply of hurricane water bought in June. Their 5 day cone is so large it would span from New York City to Chicago. Bunch of hype as the weather folks act like its Christmas in September.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Really my relatives have been worrying the crap out of me since Friday. People I havent heard from in five years are somehow compelled to alert me the we are “in the cone “and the hope I can “get out” and not to “ride it out” LOL. Such crap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An indictment of our education system.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Weather Channel crew be a pack of drama queens and attention hos.

Spent most of my life dealing with and living thru such events. Survived a Cat 1 typhoon in Nam in a 3 man hex tent...in a dried up lake bed. Slept right thru it. OTOH, I've also been at ground zero for some serious storms, on Guam and Floriduh. Cat 5 & 4 storms are, uh, ELECTRIFYING! Any of you pecker heads know what a 140 mph rain drop feels like? grin Anyone here ever felt the ground shake due to the size of waves breaking a couple hundred yards away? Really, really big waves...and by the way, any of you ever see what a stop sign can do to the interior of a house when it comes thru the window in the neighborhood of 200 MPH? Didn't think so. Did ya know it can cut a metal frame bed in half?

Suck it up folks, chitt happens.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
The news here has been borderline angry that there haven't been any fugking storms this year and Oldman is spot on with his assessment of this one.

LOL.

This year they had to cram alla that propaganda into just one storm! laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
The Horror!

A Tropical Storm from Hell. Caused by MAGA TRUMPSTERS AND THEIR TRUCKS.
wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LOL.

Barry, I'm getting a bit angry that one hasn't hit the west coast or Baja in many years. Those are the only ones we ever get any moisture from. NM and West Texas needs a good soaking. The Texas hill country keeps the Gulf Stoms from making it out here.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I road out Emile in 93 and Fran in 96. Fran was pretty exciting with lots of tornados for that extra fun factor. Was without power and water for 7 days and ran out of beer and alcohol on day 2. Wasn't much fun after that.

I am in the path of Ian, but with a house only 5 hours away and a cellar full of Scotch and wine, I'll be riding this one out in comfort.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B123's comments about the novices made me think of an incident that happened a few years ago. I was working on Dauphin Island, Al. and there was a hurricane way down below the Yucatan in the Caribbean Sea.... a long ways off. We had this fellow from up nawth, that .... well he was a good fellow and he meant well, but he didn't know schit, that got all bent out of shape over the storm. He came in one morning and said we needed to stock up on supplies and make emergency evac plans, etc., because we were fixing to get hit, just any time, by the hurricane. We just looked at him and rolled our eyes.

Next morning the same song and dance, only worse. Well, that night the Chicago area had some bad weather, thunder storms and a tornado or two in the area. Fellow comes in the next morning with doom and gloom predictions about what's gonna happen to us if we dont get prepared immediately.

I asked him if he was afraid of the storms and tornadoes that hit Chicago and he said, 'No, that's a long ways off'. Then I reminded him that it was twice as far to the hurricane, as it was to Chicago. Never heard anything again about the storm.

IIRC, it never amounted to much and ran into Mexico.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Nothing to worry about until Cantore shows up 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Perfect summary.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It'll be interesting to watch this play out. I really hope it completely fizzles out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have been through more tropical storms than most, having lived in FL for over 70 years. I keep an eye out, and can read between the lines. National Hurricane Center info is usually reasonably accurate.
I rarely have to do more than top off the vehicle tanks, as my preps are kept up with all year long. Ian might well be a thumper. I am staying at our waterfront Miami condo now, and will remain here until next weekend when whatever Ian turns out to be has moved on into Georgia. Then I will head back to North FL and fix whatever needs fixing.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Since this year was suppose to be a major hurricane season, because of Climate Change..... does that mean if it's not a major hurricane season, that there is no Climate Change?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In the early years, 60s, early to mid 70s Hurricane Season was way different.

There wasn't the media hype, we had 3 major TV channels, none of which broadcasted 24hrs. some time after the news and the late show they went off the air for the night, it was just the 'ant races' after that.

There were many things we did if it appeared a storm may hit close by.

The big things were putting tape on the windows and filling the bathtub with water.

We lived on the beach, starting when I was 4 years old.
Someone inland would be hosting a 'Hurricane Party', what the hell happened to Hurricane Parties??, nobody has them anymore.

Mom and Dad would get us in the car, we'd go inland and join a dozen other families at someone's home and our parents would drink all night. Us younger kids just made the best of it and hung out with the other kids.

There was no all night TV drama showing blow by blow every tree that might fall over or every car some idiot left where it'd flood.

Everybody would just get up in the morning, return to their residences and start cleaning up and doing needed repairs.

As we progressed into our teens we no longer were required to tag along with mom and dad to thier friends Parties.

We'd be left at home with a list of dos and don'ts.

In short the rules were pretty much, if it gets bad stay in the house.

We looked forward to this, it was fun, we'd have huge waves which is rare along Florida's gulf coast.

Being well trained by our parents, we had Parties of our own.
All the beach kids would get together at whomever home had the most available booze and we had a blast.

We'd take our surf boards and canoes out on the beach and ride those big waves, it was great!

We'd go out at the peak of the storm and watch all the crap people failed to secure blow away. Then came the eerie dead calm as the eye of the Hurricane passed over us. It wouldn't go long and the winds would be back and everything would start blowing around again.

I think kids were smarter back then, you had to know where not to stand while out in those winds. It doesn't take all that much to realize the neighbors lawn chairs were sure to come blowing by and obviously stay clear of any tree that might fall.

If the water got high enough to come in the house, you'd go upstairs, duh.

I don't recall one injury, ever, with my acquaintances.
But we'd be somewhat inebriated so we had that going for us.

The day after the storm they'd bring bulldozers down the roads and push the sand and fallen trees away and residents would start the cleanup, dry out process.

It wasn't a big deal, it was life on the beach.

I can't recall a single home along the beach that didn't have bulging baseboards, sagging cabinet bottoms and maybe some peeling paint on the lower walls from previous storm water damage covered up by multiple layers of thick paint.

It's crazy today how FEMA comes rushing in shelling out millions of dollars to repair such damage just so it can get all f'ed up in the next storm..

As we progressed into out later teens we'd get Hurricane related jobs, like taking larger boats offshore to ride out these storms.
They couldn't leave these boats tied to their docks and seawalls or they'd be beaten to death by the winds and waves.

Those jobs also required a lot of booze, it didn't take all that much effort to get a 40 footer a couple miles offshore and point it into the wind and keep it jogging along there.

The news media has taken all the fun out of Hurricanes and replaced it with dramatic gloom and doom.

History reveals there use to be more hurricane related injuries and deaths during the times I mention, but still they were few.

I never took a direct hit from a Hurricane that was strong enough to level houses, but I evaded a few by less than a 1/4 mile.

I'm sure those historic recorded deaths were the results of the antics I've described here, it's exactly what was going on.

It sure was fun!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have been through more tropical storms than most, having lived in FL for over 70 years. I keep an eye out, and can read between the lines. National Hurricane Center info is usually reasonably accurate.
I rarely have to do more than top off the vehicle tanks, as my preps are kept up with all year long. Ian might well be a thumper. I am staying at our waterfront Miami condo now, and will remain here until next weekend when whatever Ian turns out to be has moved on into Georgia. Then I will head back to North FL and fix whatever needs fixing.

Good to know.

LOL

Bumbling fugking idiot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So it begins, this one is first to go.

[Linked Image]

Boats are outta the water and in dry storage.

This monstrosity is staying, it's sorta high, considering.
And it's insured to the hilt.

[Linked Image]

This one's staying too, been "gonna restore it one day" for a few years now, still will if it don't float away.

[Linked Image]

Busy shuffling rigs off the island, gas jumped a dime last night on regular ($3.39 now) but they ain't got none, sold it all yesterday.

Premium only this morning @ $4.09 gal. Not sure how much they were selling it for 24hrs ago.

Trailer loads of toys heading off the islands all morning, side by sides, quads, dirt bikes.
Cargo trailers loaded with household belongings to follow.
Typically see that in the after work hours a day or two prior to predicted landfall.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Damn Jeff.

You got a lot of schit.

Hope everything is OK out your way.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Drama sells.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Drama sells.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn Jeff.

You got a lot of schit.

Hope everything is OK out your way.

We'll be fine, when you're living at 2-3 feet above sea-level this becomes routine. We'll get high water for sure unless it hits down south.

Gotta parcel of land 30 miles inland I use just for this purpose.
I'm done, shy one pickup to move.

Once I fire up my other motorhome to move it, I very well may end up in the Appalachians for the fall color change.

That'll be a last minute decision, just an option I'm entertaining.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JeffA
[Linked Image]

Those are worth CRAZY MONEY...

Sold a 1956 Silver Streak to a guy in England for an ABSURD AMOUNT. It was an absolute POS.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Now saying Category 4 depending on who is on at the moment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
remember the beverly hillbillies episode where Jethro's bachelor pad camper ended up floating in the ocean?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fielder's choice. It'll just be a pain in the ass..
[Linked Image from tropicaltidbits.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
[Linked Image]

Those are worth CRAZY MONEY...

Sold a 1956 Silver Streak to a guy in England for an ABSURD AMOUNT. It was an absolute POS.

I'm waiting for the matching pickup to come along, that'll be my inspiration to begin the restorations.

Gotta have matching tail lights and body side moldings, these things shine right up..

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This one is crazy hard to call. Stupid storm. If it goes 200 miles west it'll fall apart from shear. If it stays up the west coast but offshore could be a really bad scene just due to rainfall flooding and how low everything is. It has the potential to be a cat 4 now if it slots right the right place. Let's hope it hangs a left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever since Ian was born, we have been getting a steady wind out of the west. That big low pressure zone in the Caribbean kicks up the wind and that is what dries out our corn and beans while they are in the field. With the price of propane this year any drying time in the field is a huge bonus for those who got a good crop and would otherwise use propane to dry their corn and beans.

All I can say is blow Ian, blow. Let's get that corn and those beans dry.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Buying the stores out ofbottled water? What?. No clean garbage cans and tap water?

Beforehand.

Hell, clean and fill the bathtub, or all those empty wine bottles out back....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Buying the stores out of bottled water? What?. No clean garbage cans and tap water?

Beforehand.

The two motorhomes I rolled outta here hold 50gal of fresh water each, I ain't buying no water..everybody else is.

Bottled water is probably getting as rare as gasoline about right now.

Did encounter one slight surprise today.
I made a dump run, so'd half the damn County, trucks backed up a 1/2 mile out the gate.

Hadn't anticipated that, everyone is tightening up and cleaning up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by las
Buying the stores out of bottled water? What?. No clean garbage cans and tap water?

Beforehand.

The two motorhomes I rolled outta here hold 50gal of fresh water each, I ain't buying no water..everybody else is.

Did encounter one slight surprise today.
I made a dump run, so'd half the damn County, trucks backed up a 1/2 mile out the gate.

Hadn't anticipated that, everyone is tightening up and cleaning up.

Sposed they're worried about the "yard art" turning into missiles and going through the house/car?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I seen a water hose with a sprinkler attached destroy two cars a guy had in his driveway.

Gots to tighten up..

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like the worst of it is going to pass right over north central Florida, i.e., me. Hopefully they are wrong about that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Looks like the worst of it is going to pass right over north central Florida, i.e., me. Hopefully they are wrong about that.
Get those chickens secured.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

“Ian” is of Hebrew origin.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

lol

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That's crazy.

I took 5 gallon buckets and caught water when hurricane Harvey hit. Didn't take long, and had caught enough rain water to last weeks.

Enough water to drink and take a daily shower. That cool shower was the highlight of my day too, with all the electricity out for over a week. It was great!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Get those chickens secured.
Well, I can just not let them out the morning of. They have a pretty solid hen house. The roof could be lifted off, though. That's the thing to worry about.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Yeah, coming to get me for deviating from the imposed official orthodoxy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All Citrus County Government buildings including schools will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, animal hospital just emailed me to say they just locked the door until further notice.

Suppose it's to allow staff time to get their personal schit together.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got four five gallon water jugs I will fill up before the storm. If it seems like it will effect us. I been here since 1986 and I never lost water during any storm. Power yes, city water no. But I will still fill the jugs.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m hoping no bad injuries or deaths!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I talked to a buddy in marathon key today and asked him how prep was going. He said he's just drinking beer and eating fish out of the freezer. My kinda prep.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jeff
Do you put tie downs on the metal and fiberglass sails in the yard?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hopefully you won't be in that eyewall area. Even as a "small" hurricane its gonna be a real PITA if it goes a predicted. Infrastructure and trees tend to get weak when they haven't been tested in a while and it's been over 100 years since the Tampa area has had a good one.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It will be a BEAST for Tampa. Massive storm surge. Power outages to beat the band and massive flooding.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah, Tampa is where it’s supposed to turn east and make landfall. Then up through north central Florida. I hope the Tampa landfall breaks it up a bit. Best wishes to the folks there, though.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The very first time I ever had to deal with flooding or any other significant damage from a tropical storm or hurricane, that would be the end of that.
Insurance adjuster: " Mr. Smith, where would you like your house rebuilt now that the storm has passed?"
Mr. Smith: "I think right here where it got knocked to schitt by mother nature sounds ideal"....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Go stand in a Wal-Mart for 20 minutes.

You might change your mind.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Isn't this why these people (Travis) live there

so in the dead of winter they laugh at guys living in snow/ice ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Jeff
Do you put tie downs on the metal and fiberglass sails in the yard?

Got 6ft screw anchors under that 40ft 5th wheel.
It's as close to permanently parked as ya can get.

It was collateral for a debt gone bad, guys been meaning to get me the title for the last five years.

I let a “intellectual disabled" young man live in it, he's a ghost.
Works at the library, I think. I see him about once a month and he's living 100 feet away. Scares the schit out of him if I say hello..he runs and hides. My dog sees him more than I do, any friend of my dog is a friend of mine.

Great neighbor all in all.

I've learned leaving trailered boats out is OK, plugs in, bilge pump on, anchor out.
The boat will float the trailer and sit right back down after the high water subsides.

That old RV sitting under the trees is tied off to a big Oak tree.

Just the obvious, not much to it really.

I'm heavily wind protected with all the huge Grandfather Oaks on the property as well as some nearby islands that absorb the blunt of the winds.
It's the flood that'll get ya, it's fast moving water, those storm surges come and go in a flash. A big flood can be in and gone again inside an hour.

It isn't so much the need to tie down as it is to tie things in place.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You fuqks back east have all the fun... Where's an earthquake when you need one.

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take hurricanes over forest fires any day of the week.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'll take hurricanes over forest fires any day of the week.

yes..........locally

Monsoonal rains kept fires at bay

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
The very first time I ever had to deal with flooding or any other significant damage from a tropical storm or hurricane, that would be the end of that.
Insurance adjuster: " Mr. Smith, where would you like your house rebuilt now that the storm has passed?"
Mr. Smith: "I think right here where it got knocked to schitt by mother nature sounds ideal"....

Lol...flood insurance ain't like Subaru insurance.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith

Lol...flood insurance ain't like Subaru insurance.

correct

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our high tide is off this evening.

We should have had a 1.7 peaking at 5:20.
We got more like a 2.2 and it held an extra hour before it started draining back.

We haven't had any wind to account for that.

It's gotta be pressure out over the gulf.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Have the left blamed Trump and the Russians yet? Oh, almost forgot about DeSantis. If they haven't yet just give it a little more time, some jack wagon will.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If Trump was in office this would have never happened.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

We got more like a 2.2 and it held an extra hour before it started draining back.

That tide thing is a bad sign. We had a 23' surge in Ike and you could see it in the ditches and bayous three days before. The good thing is it's falling. Cuba might break it up. Never know.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Go stand in a Wal-Mart for 20 minutes.

You might change your mind.

Fugg you... another keyboard bites the dust.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hawk, by the time it gets to us, it'll be tropical storm winds at worst. 30-45 winds gusts to 60. LOTS of rain though.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Horror!

A Tropical Storm from Hell. Caused by Climate Change.
yikes. I heard the weather fumbler channel in the background the other day...
it is only a T.S.!!??? It sounded like the second coming of lucifer from the fuss that they were making...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If everybody in Floriduh turned their butt toward Ian and farted at the same time he would run off somewhere else. Mebbe NOLA?

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

That's crazy.

I took 5 gallon buckets and caught water when hurricane Harvey hit. Didn't take long, and had caught enough rain water to last weeks.

Enough water to drink and take a daily shower. That cool shower was the highlight of my day too, with all the electricity out for over a week. It was great!

laugh Country Boy Can Survive!

When Katrina came thru, we had several coolers/ice chests/water cans full of drinking water and I put a washtub and all the 5 gal buckets I had around the house to catch rain water. Daughter asked me why I was catching all the rainwater, so I told her to wait a couple of days and she'd find out. Sure enough 2 days later, when the toilet wouldn't flush, she found out.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
You can’t have too much toilet water

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wikipedia

Tropical storms
Though threatened by tropical systems almost every hurricane season (which runs from June 1 to November 30), Tampa seldom feels major effects from tropical storms or hurricanes. No hurricane has made landfall in the immediate Tampa Bay area since the 1921 Tampa Bay hurricane made landfall near Tarpon Springs and caused extensive damage throughout the region.[61][62]

Over the past few decades, three major hurricanes were forecast to hit the Tampa Bay Area from the southwest, which is a worse-case track that would result in a maximum storm surge event: Hurricane Donna (1960), Hurricane Charley (2004), and Hurricane Irma (2017).[63] However, all three storms turned before reaching Tampa and made landfall in southwest Florida instead. Irma had the greatest effect on Tampa. It made landfall near Marco Island on September 10, 2017, and moved due north, passing through eastern Hillsborough County as a Category 1 storm and causing substantial damage to the area, particularly to the electrical grid.[64]

Because of tremendous population growth and coastal development in the century since the last hurricane landfall combined with rising sea levels due to climate change, the Tampa Bay Area is considered one of the most vulnerable regions in the world to a direct hit from a major storm.[61]

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
In the 1990s... the Chief Of Maintenance at Everglades National Park (Mike Jester) spent $1m (end of fiscal year money) on toilet paper.

He stashed it in the decommissioned Kennedy era missile silos inside of Everglades NP.

It got wet in a storm/hurricane.

He spent 1/2 million to get rid of it.

True story.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Are you accounting for king tides?

Ian was a major last night at 11 eastern. Probably intensify for 24 hours or so. Pay attention. Hoping it goes south of Tampa and will mitigate the surge/freshwater flooding by blowing the opposite direction - out to sea.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If everybody in Floriduh turned their butt toward Ian and farted at the same time he would run off somewhere else. Mebbe NOLA?

NOLA could use a good douche every 5 years or so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
just because a hurricane with a path like Ian is rare, that does not mean you should just sit back and laugh at it. There are a LOT of variables with a tropical system, and it can/does kill a lot of folks every year. If your preps are in order, and you are not in the major storm surge path, most of the time you will be ok. Prudence and caution are always in order.

Sam......

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hurricanes and tropical storms can be bad news. I have seen what they tear up. When people decide to gamble and ride one out and encounter a 3 or stronger that is their one time to do it. Most of the guys I work with live on the gulf coast. Several stayed home in strong storms and all say they will never do it again after sitting in their home listening to the roof blowing off and the wind blowing for several hours as it rains 2 or 3 feet. One guy I worked with years ago had to climb up in his attic and use a hatchet to cut a hole in his roof to escape the water. He and his son were sitting on the peak of his roof when a boat came and rescued them.
If you wait to long to leave you can get trapped on the highway with nowhere to go and no fuel. All the motels sold out for 500 miles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would be very surprised if we have no loss of life with this one.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hawk, by the time it gets to us, it'll be tropical storm winds at worst. 30-45 winds gusts to 60. LOTS of rain though.
Yeah, that's typically what happens. Landfall slows it down, and since I'm as inland as you can get in Florida, it's pretty slow by the time it gets here, at least as tropical storms go. Although we've had plenty of them that take trees down.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wish I had taken a wait and see attitude with it in the beginning rather than naysaying it - it is much much stronger than was anticipated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Ian was a major last night at 11 eastern. Probably intensify for 24 hours or so. Pay attention. Hoping it goes south of Tampa and will mitigate the surge/freshwater flooding by blowing the opposite direction - out to sea.

Idunno, probably just a fluke created by some offshore winds we weren't having along the coast lines.

Everything was back to normal with this mornings high tide which according to my tide charts was suppose to be a tad higher than last night's.

Normally irregularities like that are wind driven and accumulate growing higher and higher with each tide until the wind lays down and allows the build up of water in the bays to flow back.
It can take a few days for all the build up to completely drain out and get back to normal again.

Living behind all these barrier islands is grand for the surges they hold back but once it reaches full flood inside the islands it holds and takes some time drain.

[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Yeah, that's typically what happens. Landfall slows it down, and since I'm as inland as you can get in Florida, it's pretty slow by the time it gets here, at least as tropical storms go. Although we've had plenty of them that take trees down.

Also, my house is just about on the peak of a hill, i.e., the street depresses downwards to both the east and the west of me, so water tends to flow to my east and west, and cannot much accumulate where my house is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Idunno, probably just a fluke created by some offshore winds we weren't having along the coast lines.

Everything was back to normal with this mornings high tide which according to my tide charts was suppose to be a tad higher than last night's.

Normally irregularities like that are wind driven and accumulate growing higher and higher with each tide until the wind lays down and allows the build up of water in the bays to flow back.
It can take a few days for all the build up to completely drain out and get back to normal again.

Living behind all these barrier islands is grand for the surges they hold back but once it reaches full flood inside the islands it holds and takes some time drain.

[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

Yes it does. I hope you guys don't have any damage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it hits as a 2+, watch for tornados far inland. Just another fun feature of big hurricanes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
If it hits as a 2+, watch for tornados far inland. Just another fun feature of big hurricanes.

If it does as forecasted it'll reach 4 and come ashore as a 3. Unfortunately, it has outperformed expectations so far. The tornadoes associated with them spin up so quickly there's not much if any time to prepare so it's a headache for a while.

Edit: No significant impacts from land interaction are evident in the latest recon and radar presentation. Assuming it continues to travel along bathtub temperature waters, it’s becoming more and more likely that C4 can be achieved later today.

Double edit: Eyewall has reached water again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would be very surprised if we have no loss of life with this one.

Yep, if it hits the Tampa Bay area with half the related surge predicted there's gonna be a lot of folks flooding that have never experienced that before.

Talking to a few down there in A and B flood zones that are blowing off the evacuation orders and staying put.

My 87 year old mother is one of them and she's right on the bay at about 7ft above sea-level.

All in all they probably will be fine if they stay put.

If mom takes a couple feet of water in the house she could just climb up in bed and take a nap until it recedes.

It's that last minute frantic move of attempting to escape once the flooding starts that'll get um.

They just won't realize the force that moving water has until they get out in it, knee deep is one thing but go in up to your waist and you're screwed. Notta chance of being able to remain standing even for the young and able.

I've been out in it rescuing boats that were drifting away and the like. You gotta swim for it, in the direction it wants you to go and aim for the first suitable safe spot you can get to.

It's not for the old or the panicking type.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The wife and I were heading to Central Florida for my grandsons 10th BD Thursday. Scrapped those plans. Bummer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And water that was fine to walk or wade through an hour or even minutes before will change direction/speed/volume and most people have no understanding of this.

Edit: At the ongoing gov's news conference the FL Emerg. Mgmt director said the NHC just told him they now forecast a landfall near Venice late Wed afternoon with 125mph winds.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Wikipedia

Because of tremendous population growth and coastal development in the century since the last hurricane landfall combined with rising sea levels due to climate change, the Tampa Bay Area is considered one of the most vulnerable regions in the world to a direct hit from a major storm.[61]

And there you have it. Climate Change and rising sea levels. I'm just curious as to how much the sea levels have risen in the past 100 years.

P.S. - I hope all y'all stay safe down there. I hope your schit don't get too tore up. I've only been in hurricane conditions once in my life and it was a bit worrisome. It just went on and on for hours and seemed like it wouldn't end.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Safe haven for our Floridian friends. Seems these big storms are becoming a regular occurrence for you. I have a cousin and his wife who retired to Naples just five or six years ago now. They have fled north a couple times already. Looks like the worst will probably be a bit north of them now.

At least with our tornados, if in a vehicle, you can outmaneuver it in just a couple miles or so. Tornados vs hurricanes — bullet vs shot shell load.

Again, stay safe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The landfall "talk" seems to be more and more Sarasota'ish. So Destin/Ft Walton looks to be in the clear.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 09/27/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Whatever the wind does, Ian will be a HUGE water event, storm surge, high tides and lots of rain, maybe for days.
Been thru a lot of these and this one will be a bad one.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Likely going to screw up our 4-H shooting tournament this weekend. Bummer! The kids are ready.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trough is pushing major hurricane Ian to the east now. Easy to see on worldview IR.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I'm just curious as to how much the sea levels have risen in the past 100 years.

About 2mm/yr over the last 50 years or so.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sea level rise has been negligible. The climate change nonsense is just alarmist bull poop.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it's track holds true, the Port Charlotte area will get the worst.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for you folks in the path.......stay safe!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I live in Naples. Ian has shifted lightly more East, which means a little more wind and rain here.

Hurricanes are a real annoyance.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
I live in Naples. Ian has shifted lightly more East, which means a little more wind and rain here.

Hurricanes are a real annoyance.
Batten down the hatches.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My girlfriend's pal Myra lives in Venice, about 30 miles south of Tampa Bay. Venice will be hammered.
Shirley just talked to Myra and she will ride it out. Seems like a dumb idea to me.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Latest prediction is that it will cross from the west to the east side of Florida about midway up the state, thus the worst of it will miss me. Cause for celebration from all our Fire members. grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Gonna make a second landfall up the east coast possibly?

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Raeford
More than likely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been shuffling vehicles off the island all morning.

Passed by a dozen gas stations, none had any fuel.

Lots of traffic, people appeared distracted and making stupid moves on the road, more so than usual anyway.

The sun's gone, overcast skies but still a pretty nice day here.

A shower, a few minutes of shutting down and the hound dog and I are jumping in my motorhome and heading inland.

Later..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My girlfriend's pal Myra lives in Venice, about 30 miles south of Tampa Bay. Venice will be hammered.
Shirley just talked to Myra and she will ride it out. Seems like a dumb idea to me.

You're not a Floridian and you've never been through a hurricane.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raeford
Depends on which model holds.

https://www.cyclocane.com/ian-spaghetti-models/

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bad part about leaving is they won't let you back in.

A little roof damage turns into major water damage if you can't patch it or tarp it right away.

I have two very able types staying on the islands that will cover for me.

I'm not really expecting any damage at all this far north, it's the potential of high water that made me move all the boats, RVs and vehicles out of my Zone A flood area.

Now I'll go inland and babysit them.

This mornings text from the sheriff.

Citrus County has issued a Mandatory Evacuation for Zone A.

shorturl.at/ahluV

All other are advised to voluntarily evacuate.

This was followed by multiple robots calls stating the same.

I guess some need to be told...

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just had lunch in Mn with a friend, who lives in Port Charolette. He was to go back there this week, but delayed a week. He expects to get hammered.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Lots of traffic, people appeared distracted and making stupid moves on the road, more so than usual anyway.

A shower, a few minutes of shutting down and the hound dog and I are jumping in my motorhome and heading inland.

Later..
Where's here?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
For the record and even though I personally believe evacuation is sometimes prudent, there is no true “mandatory evacuation”. All evacuations are voluntary here in the free and great state of Florida.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

No I'm not a Floridian and this hurricane is one of the reasons why. However, I did relief work on Andrew near Lafayette, La. We were cutting trees off of people's houses, worked there for a week. And I talked to a dozen people who rode out Andrew and who swore they would never ride out another one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like it's gonna get pretty windy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More at 10!!!!!!!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sea level rise has been negligible. The climate change nonsense is just alarmist bull poop.

Pensacola would be the oldest city in the US instead of St Augustine if a hurricane hadn’t wiped out the colony a year after they arrived. The capital of New France was moved from what is now Biloxi MS to New Orleans because Biloxi kept getting hit by hurricanes. Hurricanes have been regularly hitting the gulf coast for as long as civilized peoples have been there and nothing I’ve seen convinces me there are more of them now than there were then. The climate change nazis never miss a chance to jump up and down in glee whenever a new one hits though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Buddy in keys is marinading steaks. Says it's getting hard to smoke cigars on the patio because of the wind and rain.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
just because a hurricane with a path like Ian is rare, that does not mean you should just sit back and laugh at it. There are a LOT of variables with a tropical system, and it can/does kill a lot of folks every year. If your preps are in order, and you are not in the major storm surge path, most of the time you will be ok. Prudence and caution are always in order.

Thanks, grandpa.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Calm here right now but pissed all day.

In-laws are in North Port.

I told them to stay there and die. Now everybody calling me an ass hole.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Pensacola would be the oldest city in the US instead of St Augustine if a hurricane hadn’t wiped out the colony a year after they arrived. The capital of New France was moved from what is now Biloxi MS to New Orleans because Biloxi kept getting hit by hurricanes. Hurricanes have been regularly hitting the gulf coast for as long as civilized peoples have been there and nothing I’ve seen convinces me there are more of them now than there were then. The climate change nazis never miss a chance to jump up and down in glee whenever a new one hits though.

Excellent post.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

What????

Buncha assholes!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Damn right!

[Linked Image from lolalambchops.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Dude, climate change has been going on since Earth existed. We had glaciers covering most of North American 15,000 years ago. Obviously warming made them melt. We are still warming. As to what degree humans have on contributing to that warming is up for debate - but the change is real. The climate is changing and has been changing...literally forever. I wouldn't call a 400' drop in sea level during the last ice age negligible. A few millimeters, yes.

My heart goes out to Florida. Natural disasters are can make life suck really fast. Whether it's an earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, mudslide, tsunami...Mother Nature doesn't care about us.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

No I'm not a Floridian and this hurricane is one of the reasons why. However, I did relief work on Andrew near Lafayette, La. We were cutting trees off of people's houses, worked there for a week. And I talked to a dozen people who rode out Andrew and who swore they would never ride out another one.

This ain't no Andrew.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

Dude, climate change has been going on since Earth existed. We had glaciers covering most of North American 15,000 years ago. Obviously warming made them melt. We are still warming. As to what degree humans have on contributing to that warming is up for debate - but the change is real. The climate is changing and has been changing...literally forever. I wouldn't call a 400' drop in sea level during the last ice age negligible. A few millimeters, yes.

My heart goes out to Florida. Natural disasters are can make life suck really fast. Whether it's an earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, mudslide, tsunami...Mother Nature doesn't care about us.

Please don't be one of THEM..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Deflave you got a good copy?
I’m hunkered down in a Miami park in the location you sent me too, wrapped up in a tarp, wind is hell on my pellets missed 8 iguanas so far.. not much traffic today so not much for left over food in trash cans. I need to get me a couple iguanas for dinner tonight.

Homeless veteran out

Last edited by 79S; 09/27/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m hunkered down in a Miami park in the location you sent me too, wrapped up in a tarp, wind is hell on my pellets missed 8 iguanas so far.. not much traffic today so not much for left over food in trash cans. I need to get me a couple iguanas for dinner tonight.

Homeless veteran out

You'll be fine.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When Sandy sauntered up the east coast 10 years ago, we shot limits of ducks in Michigan for 3 days. Best duck hunting in at least a decade.

I’ll be in a duck blind hoping for the same when Ian (bruh, kind of a man-bun name for a storm) comes up. However, as a sympathetic gesture to my Florida bros, I will fill my bathtub with water and drink cheap scotch while watching Cantorre piss into the wind on the teevee. Good luck.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had a mini Tropcial Depression here yesterday. Blew 35-40 all day and dumped 3" of rain which caused some landslides and knocked out power for a few - just another late September Day in the Panhandle.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Homeless veteran out

You'll be fine.

That’s a good copy will send you grids on alternate channel..

hV out

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

hV out

I'm schit faced so, whatever.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Galveston Hurricane of 1900 killed 8,000 people and blew Galveston off the map. We didn't have too many cars spewing out CO2 in that year, it was 8 years before the invention of the Model T.

Galveston had been the major port of the Gulf and afterwards they moved the Port 40 miles inland to Houston. Big channels bring ship traffic inland to Houston. Today, Galveston is a bump on the map, compared to what it was in 1899.

Climate Change is a bunch of BS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Later..
Where's here?

Ozello, just South of Crystal River.

[Linked Image from yellowmaps.com]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Where's here?

Right in the path. Good luck.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Take me fishing!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We gotta few

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Storm shutters went on our place in Cape Coral today. Dad said the neighbors are throwing a hellofa party.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

hV out

Deflave

I ph ucked up man… the wind and rain got bad, my tarp blew away and is probably in Georgia now. So I jumped in a garbage dumpsters to get out of the rain and wind.. well the wind is blowing dumpster down the road..

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

hV out

Deflave

I ph ucked up man… the wind and rain got bad, my tarp blew away and is probably in Georgia now. So I jumped in a garbage dumpsters to get out of the rain and wind.. well the wind is blowing dumpster down the road..

Any second hand pizza... or burritos in your dumpster 79S?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

hV out

Deflave

Any second hand pizza... or burritos in your dumpster 79S?

Being a seasoned vet from working at the local dump back home in Alaska, that’s the first thing I do is look for food. Unfortunately just couple corn dogs well I think they are corned dogs.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 79S
Being a seasoned vet from working at the local dump back home in Alaska, that’s the first thing I do is look for food. Unfortunately just couple corn dogs well I think they are corned dogs.

LOL... OK!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The first bit of actual hurricane related rain just started lighyly falling, 50 minutes earlier than predicted 48 hours ago.

Damn weatherman, wrong again!

My mutt barely had time to go out and take a dump before it started.

I'll have to write that down, it'll be the first thing FEMA owes me for.
Early wake-up call, Sept.28th, minumum callout charge, 8 hr's.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No rain here yet.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I hear one more fugking tornado alert I gonna get upset.

Flave need his rest.

Wife has to work.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fckn robo calls and texts are endless.

Worst part is some smuck is probably getting triple time hazard pay for setting at home pushing a button on his laptop to initiate the calls.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Every time I see a tornado warning I can't help but wonder if they're following the science.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a beautiful morning in Destin. Feel sorry for the folks south of here who decided to ride this one out. Hope your water wings are inflated.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's a beautiful morning in Destin. Feel sorry for the folks south of here who decided to ride this one out. Hope your water wings are inflated.

Gold Star on being a condescending fugk ball.

Biden loving POS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What was your advice? Oh that's right, Be a man.

How's that working out for you?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Uhh, perfectly fine.

LOL

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Traffic on 75 and 4 is worse than in Atlanta. Hurricane's suck.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Where's here?

Ozello lucked out by 100 miles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Traffic on 75 and 4 is worse than in Atlanta. Hurricane's suck.

US19 is abandoned, don't know why nobody jumps over on to it once their north of Tampa.

You can take it all the way up through Georgia.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Specifically, he told you to act like a man. Have you started?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where's here?

Ozello lucked out by 100 miles.

Free pass on this one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Specifically, he told you to act like a man. Have you started?

Please note his interpretation of what I wrote and his taking offense to it.

LOL

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I sincerely hope everyone in the path of Mean Storm Ian has their booster shots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
No rain here yet.

LOL!

Yeah, I was hoping for some easterly remnants. No such luck.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No rain here yet.

LOL!

I was hoping for a shower, also. Don't look like it's gonna happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
No rain here yet.

LOL!

Same here

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The fckn robo calls and texts are endless.

Worst part is some smuck is probably getting triple time hazard pay for setting at home pushing a button on his laptop to initiate the calls.

Mark it..

Bleck city and county employees are the only ones who "qualify" for that "work".

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Myra lives on Sawgrass Bridge Rd in Venice. The eye is supposed to pass right over her house. Storm surge predicted up to 18 feet.

"Location: United States > Florida > Sarasota County > Venice >Sawgrass Bridge Rd
Longitude: -82.402174
Latitude: 27.1123189
Elevation: 4m / 13feet
Barometric Pressure: 101KPa

Myra can expect 2 to 5 feet of water in her living room and winds of 155 mph. Do you still think Myra should have decided to ride out the storm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Myra lives on Sawgrass Bridge Rd in Venice. The eye is supposed to pass right over her house. Storm surge predicted up to 18 feet.

"Location: United States > Florida > Sarasota County > Venice >Sawgrass Bridge Rd
Longitude: -82.402174
Latitude: 27.1123189
Elevation: 4m / 13feet
Barometric Pressure: 101KPa

Myra can expect 2 to 5 feet of water in her living room and winds of 155 mph. Do you still think Myra should have decided to ride out the storm.

First of all, what you've stated in your own words is an exaggeration. I don't know from what source you got the other information.

Second, I never said she should ride out the storm. That is a personal decision for every Floridian when storms or hurricanes come. I don't try to tell anyone what to do. Never have. I make my own decisions based on the level of threat I see, and I use several different sources to evaluate that threat. FYI, .gov sources tend to exaggerate because they want people to react in a manner that fits their guidelines.

Is misquoting someone or putting words in someone else's mouth a habit you've had for a long time or did it just start with this hurricane?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Luckily, FL has no law allowing cops to drag you out in these situations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
No rain here yet.

LOL!

Got no burn alerts out today due to wind from storm.

No rain though.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's fooking freezing and blowing here. 60 degrees. The medium winter coat is on the rack.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve found that the decisions to ride these out,by a lot of folks,are heavily weighted by feeling the need to protect their property from the looting in the following days.Definitely a personal choice that they have to live with…

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bull64
I’ve found that the decisions to ride these out,by a lot of folks,are heavily weighted by feeling the need to protect their property from the looting in the following days.Definitely a personal choice that they have to live with…

Is it legal to shoot looters? If not, it should be.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's fooking freezing and blowing here. 60 degrees. The medium winter coat is on the rack.
I was sitting outside for a little while but had to come inside. I was getting cold smile I’m a little less than a mile from the Georgia line. I’m looking to get 20-35mph wind and 6-10 inches of rain. Grey , cool , and breezy right now.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Originally Posted by Bull64

Is it legal to shoot looters? If not, it should be.

Jerry

Theoretically of course, stick a cheap flea market survival knife in their hand and drag em up on the porch?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you see Jim Cantore standing in your front yard its time to get the hell out

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm hearing reports that tornadoes are touching down here and there, causing massive damage within their limited ranges.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm hearing reports that tornadoes are touching down here and there, causing massive damage within their limited ranges.
Always. The tornadoes will be the only real danger to you and I as Ian passes offshore of us. Fortunately for us we’re on the weaker “dry” side.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Been getting some breeze and rain. Watching the tube and their reporting is BS. Cat 4? Highest sustained wind reports I’ve seen are in the neighborhood of 100 mph, and that includes the eye wall.

Oh, the DRAMA.

I am..........disturbed.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Been getting some breeze and rain. Watching the tube and their reporting is BS. Cat 4? Highest sustained wind reports I’ve seen are in the neighborhood of 100 mph, and that includes the eye wall.

Oh, the DRAMA.
Yes but that storm is moving slow and even if the storm surge is half of the predicted it will still destroy Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte. Sanibel Island will be destroyed. I expect Sanibel Island to look like Mexico Beach did after Micheal.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Oh, the DRAMA.

That is weird. They go on and on about 155 mph, the highest wind I have seen reported is 96.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Oh, the DRAMA.

DD, your background is sneaking out, I too have only found one site with anything near 100kts, KRSW...... and that is a 'gust'

I haven't found a sustained hurricane force wind yet.....

It'll certainly be bad down their, but not Cat 4 bad, IMHO....

Last edited by Muffin; 09/28/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Uh-huh.

And if you're not fully vaccinated you're spreading the virus and you killing everbuddy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Muffin

Oh, the DRAMA.

DD, your background is sneaking out, I too have only found one site with anything near 100kts, KRSW...... and that is a 'gust'

I haven't found a sustained hurricane force wind yet.....

It'll certainly be bad down their, but not Cat 4 bad, IMHO....

GUSTS OF...

GUSTS OF...

GUSTS OF...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The highest winds I've seen on windy are 98mph.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I bought gas for the generator, water, a chainsaw chain, and a couple more extension cords to get ready for the storm. That means it probably won't even rain here in Georgia. I did what I could to kill Ian off.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Brother is on Pine Island - eye just passed.

Says the street has 3ft of water and white caps.

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m concerned about the health and welfare of the iguanas.

Flavor, can you give us a quick update on the status of these magnificent targets of opportunity in your locale?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’m concerned about the health and welfare of the iguanas.

Flavor, can you give us a quick update on the status of these magnificent targets of opportunity in your locale?

🦫

They’re fine.

Unless I’m near.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My friends in the Glades are A-OK, Naples and Fort Myers are screwed.

Friends on Sanibel Island Siesta Key have a solid 12ft of surge water, their in there attic taking refuge.

Coastal Ft Myers is under water.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Winds showing up in Central FL. Some tree branches down, more to come.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Friends on Siesta Key have a solid 12ft of surge water, their in there attic taking refuge.

Fook.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Message from the storm. My girlfriend's message from this morning is in blue. This message just came in at 4:39 this afternoon. Myra is in Venice. The eye passed a few miles south of Venice.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Message from the storm. My girlfriend's message from this morning is in blue. This message just came in at 4:39 this afternoon. Myra is in Venice. The eye passed a few miles south of Venice.

Let us know if they die.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Friends on Siesta Key have a solid 12ft of surge water, their in there attic taking refuge.

Fook.

CORRECTION

They're on Sanibel Island, not Siesta.

[Linked Image from florida-backroads-travel.com]

[Linked Image from sanibel-captiva.org]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff, that would look to be a sorta dicey spot to be in.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Iguanas can swim. Maybe even surf?

Right after I posted last time there was a clip on Fox that included a pickup truck with shell camper driving thru one of the "ground zero" communities, sort of like it was looking for a liquor store....

That doesn't happen in a CAT 4 storm.

I am..........disturbed.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have an uncle in Naples. He works in Marco Island. May not have a place to work or live for a while. Been talking about moving to Georgia or Missouri for tax reasons.

Haven't heard a word.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 7887mm08, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.