Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by losttrail60
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
The bull in the op’s post wasn’t accidentally killed or illegally killed. It is legal to take the horns

I can keep busting you guys up all night long

Wounding loss is not an accident
Is wounding loss considered natural causes?

No, it isn’t. We did call FWP about taking the horns and they said no. They told us to call Tip-Mont and report it to them. We did that and never heard back.

FWP said NO on the horns, so we left them for the bear. If they don’t know what they’re talking about, who does?

Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak

You believe that crap?

Yes... because it seems like common sense to me. To posses fresh horns during season with out a tag attached seems like a can of worms to me

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The bull in the op’s post wasn’t accidentally killed or illegally killed. It is legal to take the horns

ICYMI

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That's one good thing about hunting the Eastern hardwoods.....you're usually not on the menu.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

No, it isn’t. We did call FWP about taking the horns and they said no. They told us to call Tip-Mont and report it to them. We did that and never heard back.

FWP said NO on the horns, so we left them for the bear. If they don’t know what they’re talking about, who does?

Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak

You believe that crap?

Yes... because it seems like common sense to me. To posses fresh horns during season with out a tag attached seems like a can of worms to me

I will go with the regs, it’s worked in the past.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

ICYMI

That means In Case You Missed It callnum.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Totally agree with you, the new law is BS and opens the door for scumbags to do what they do.

While I don't agree with the Buzzster on many political issues I would say that making trafficking in sheep horns more difficult is good policy for wildlife in North America.

As far as antlers in Wyoming once a grizzly is on an elk he owns the whole thing.

F around on a buried elk and you will get a ticket.

If you want the horns come back in a few months and get an interstate game tag.

Also don't be a whiney puzzy when you find a grizzly kill. Lookin at you Shrappy. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Burns

Be honest. After your doctor said to cut out drinking you grabbed a sharpie and scissors?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Anyways.....Stumbling across a buried animal or near one, is probably how most people get beat up by a grizzly, as opposed to a predatory attack.

My friend who lives near me was walking around above his house, he smelled something dead, briefly looked around, then he saw a grizzly walking around in the thick bush, within 100ft of him lol. He got out of there quick and didn't think the grizzly saw/smelled him.
There must of been a buried carcass around there somewhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So serious question: if you are on your elk kill and a grizzly tries to claim it, can you shoot the grizzly? Are you required to give your kill up to a grizzly? Not asking about self defense. But can you defend your kill from a grizzly?

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/28/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
So serious question: if you are on your elk kill and a grizzly tries to claim it, can you shoot the grizzly? Are you required to give your kill up to a grizzly? Not asking about self defense. But can you defend your kill from a grizzly?

Do you enjoy the company of the feds?

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Tell the Grizz you have an attorney on speed dial

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That would be an emphatic no.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The game warden finally called back, he doesn’t know lost Trail but he does know lost trail is an idiot. The horns were not free for the taking under those circumstances. But it does sound like now it would be between us and the bear if we wanted the horns.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The game warden finally called back, he doesn’t know lost Trail but he does know lost trail is an idiot. The horns were not free for the taking under those circumstances. But it does sound like now it would be between us and the bear if we wanted the horns.

Funny thing tho, the warden captain I talked to said just the opposite and as he put it
"its very clear in the regs but most have a hard time reading". I laughed and told him my thoughts exactly.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Funny thing tho, the warden captain I talked to said just the opposite and as he put it
"its very clear in the regs but most have a hard time reading". I laughed and told him my thoughts exactly.

Yeah, every-body's funnee, now U funnee too.

Why was it that U changed user names again?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seems we have two different stories regarding game wardens interpretation of the law.....
From two different posters....
So lets compare the two....

Shrapnel, post pic's, has real relations with other members, doesn't create sock puppets, doesn't hide his identity etc....

Losttrail on the other hand, never post a pic, creates sock puppets, hides his identity, lies etc....

Hmmm who to believe?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Care to address callnum's assertion you can take the head of an unclaimed hunter kill without tagging it?

Should have read farther down.

You need reading lessons lol

I need a hell of a lot more than that!

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very cool thread and pics - thanks Shrapnel! This is what I come to the ‘fire for.

The only stashed kill I’ve come upon was a sheep killed by a lion and stuffed into shallow cave. That was on a bluff above the Pecos river and the pucker factor wasn’t on the same chart as this!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Death from an arrow or bullet is not “ natural causes” under Montana law.
Shrapnel’s report from the warden is correct.
Do not follow alternative interpretation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

With the exception of Alaska in every state I am aware of you can’t do squat about a grizzly bear claiming your dead elk or whatever you have down. The only reason I would except AK is if you have a valid tag or are in an open brown/griz unit and that bear doesn’t have cubs—-IE, if you could kill that bear anyhow, even if it wasn’t claiming your carcass. The way I understand it, Alaska nor other states does not consider harvested game (even if hanging in your camp) as your “property” when it comes to bears.

I presume the Yukon is the same, but don’t really know.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
157 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 2,002 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.