Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by ironbender
What is the time interval between the pictures?

Nice pixels.
Over 325 pictures in less than 24 hours...
Thanks.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Spring bear season years back on the Idaho side of Lolo pass area had a guy shoot a very nice black bear. Went back by the harvesting spot the next day and a grizzly had eaten everything of the gut pile.
Horses were skittish there.
Great pics Shrap, a year from now I’ll be in Alaska trying for a bigger one.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
What is the time interval between the pictures?

Nice pixels.

Over 325 pictures in less than 24 hours...

that would be a great time laps video if you could put it up on this forum.

i have never seen a bear kill but have watched a few Gris stripping berry bushes, 1 a hundred yards from our house in B.C. just a mile from the medicine line above Ferry county Washington State, the other one 80 miles south of Grand Prairie AB in the bush.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Its why I just take a selfie, swig of whiskey, cut the skull cap off with a sawz-all, and bug out.

Critters gotta eat too and I’m usually ready to get some fajitas and beer somewheres for the evening

You take a sawz'all on elk hunts, awesome.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Respect the bear

Ain't never hunted elk in grizz woods

If I do....SA 10mm w/16 rd mags will be close by

[Linked Image from files.springfield-armory.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have spent most of September, hunting elk in Grizzly country. There is an eerie feeling knowing that something that could kill and eat you is lurking around in the same woods. We found a dead elk, wounded by another hunter.

Yes, he is out there...

Ran into that exact situation the one year that I archery hunted out there. Came across a dead bull so we baled out of there. Several days later like a dope I went back in that general area because that’s where the elk were and I forgot about that dead bull. The wind was blowing in the direction of the dead animal and sure enough something came crashing through the timber and passed 50 yards above us and kept going. Went over to the dead elk and it all covered up. Got the hell out of that drainage and stayed out.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting story, and in picture form.

Thanks.

Exactly. Story doesn't need any words.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have hunted my whole life in griz country, in 4 different states. I won’t go scratch one’s nuts but I also don’t worry too much about them. Just be cognizant and never let your guard down.

I don’t carry spray, even when bow hunting. I have never had an issue though I have had quite a few encounters and they will humble you, as to how close they can be without you knowing they’re around.

I have had them steal meat a number of times but I have never felt I was in immediate danger in those situations. Just use your head and try to stay calm.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I have hunted my whole life in griz country, in 4 different states. I won’t go scratch one’s nuts but I also don’t worry too much about them. Just be cognizant and never let your guard down.

I don’t carry spray, even when bow hunting. I have never had an issue though I have had quite a few encounters and they will humble you, as to how close they can be without you knowing they’re around.

I have had them steal meat a number of times but I have never felt I was in immediate danger in those situations. Just use your head and try to stay calm.

UR just a stud........

Still bangin WY/MT fatties ?

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
UR just a stud........

Duh…..I always bang the fatties. They luv it.

BTW, I took a transfer to Fairbanks AK 2 years ago so the WY fatties don’t get it as much as they want anymore.

Still hunt ID and MT every year so those fatties still get their fix.

Last edited by T_Inman; 09/26/22.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

UR just a stud........

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

just fur you

ranch boy

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, it’s a known fact that Grizz don’t eat lesbians. So, obviously you’re gonna be safe.

🦫😝

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
UR just a stud........

Duh…..I always bang the fatties. They luv it.

BTW, I took a transfer to Fairbanks AK 2 years ago so the WY fatties don’t get it as much as they want anymore.

UR in Alaska ????????????????????????

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Really cool post, Shrapnel! I don't think this old boy will venture into the great northwest any time soon, hunting elk! Phuque that! Black bears in the area never scared me , Grizz..... no thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grizz don't faze the "Chuck Norris" of Montana....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Respect the bear

You know what they say about those sharp edges on a “grizzly pistol”.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

just fur you

ranch boy

Wimminz like that do not exist in WY.

Just say’n.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem
Respect the bear

You know what they say about those sharp edges on a “grizzly pistol”.

Ribbed for your pleasure....... oooh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

just fur you

ranch boy

Wimminz like that do not exist in WY.

Just say’n.

This is correct.... and Alaska for that matter.... although I did find one at Ketchican fishing lodge once.... I even have pic's to prove it... but nobody needs pic's on the campfire for credibility anymore.. wink

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 72 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.