Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kentucky Speedway holding ground for unfinished Ford Trucks awaiting supply chain parts. I'm not certain what year the August 19th date is from because its been known for awhile that Ford trucks have been stored here.

[Linked Image from the-sun.com]

https://www.the-sun.com/motors/6295...y-speedway-unfinished-ford-trucks-space/

Last edited by KFWA; 09/26/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully it will flood the market and bring the prices down.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hopefully when they are finished it will flood the market and bring the prices down.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow. Not MAGA

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ford Escapes (built in Louisville) absolutely FILL the parking lot of the fairgrounds in Brandenburg, KY. I pass by there fairly frequently, and have seen a helluva lot of Escapes, either waiting for chips or for someone to order (buy) one. Our little town (Radcliff) had several strip mall parking lots full of Super Duty trucks earlier, but those have been withdrawn now. Ford has filled up practically anywhere with parking spots. I don't quite understand what the hell they're doing, the dealers can't get product, but the product is piling up on lots that Ford has to pay rent/security on.
Typical Ford screw-ups, in my book.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Has to be having Ford worker layoffs coming. Ha, Redpilling Union dimocraps. Red Wave coming.

MAGA.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The second time this year that Ky. Speedway has been full of Fords. I was told of this batch on Sept. 3rd.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Brother just got his new F150 and it's missing tons of parts frown Running boards, bed liner wasn't sprayed, hooks in the bed flat missing. Can't believe they shipped it like this. Very disappointed in the QC at Ford.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ford, say no more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Brother just got his new F150 and it's missing tons of parts frown Running boards, bed liner wasn't sprayed, hooks in the bed flat missing. Can't believe they shipped it like this. Very disappointed in the QC at Ford.

It's possible those are dealer added items and the dealer, not Ford did a crappy PDI/checklist.

Me

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am in the market for a new pickup, but it's not likely to be a Ford.................Probably a danged Ram, if I can find what I want. So far, the best truck I can find is the one I currently own. I haven't found anything I like better, and my current truck is paid-for.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GM just as bad. Friend got a new one a few weeks ago. Half the electronics dont work. Radio, clock, some of the dash lights, cruise, back up camera, electric mirrors, retractable running boards, etc., dont work. So far, the motor runs fine and all the headlights, brake lights, horn, etc., stuff needed to drive it down the road safely, work. He needed the truck for his business and told them he'd take it like that. He said they would call when the parts got in to repair everything. I'm guessing it's just chips, because the components are there, they just dont work.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Toyota had a similar issue 15 years ago. Swapped to plastic fuel tanks (former Ford supplier) that leaked if filled full. Had to side line ~20,000 brand new Sienna mini vans in the corn fields around the plant waiting for new fuel tanks. And then a nice little summer thunder storm came thru with golf ball to tennis ball sized hail. 2,000-3,000 new Sienna's no longer needed new fuel tanks. ... Same type of weather patterns over KY Speed Way. Fingers crossed that we are past the hail storms...

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
There is an old empty shopping center just outside Fort Knox, KY that is full of super duty Fords. Third time in the past three years it has been filled up.

Latest news is that Ford is short on the blue ovals as well as the chips.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was getting a spray in liner done on my truck and when I went to pick it up there must have been 20 Ford trucks there. I ask the guy if they were opening a dealership or something, he said they were all new truck and Ford was trying everything they could to keep things from sliding around and poking a hole in the alum. beds. He went on to say that the dealership wanted them to replace the bed on one of the trucks because something slid in the bed and poked a hole in the alum. He told the dealership that what they sprayed into the bed was a rubber liner not armor plating and it was their problem.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had to wait 3 1/2 months from order time to delivery for my 2022 Lincoln Aviator, luckily it had all what I had ordered, many were shipped with a message "Dealer will install missing items when available"
Live in MI, all Big Three have the same problem, as you drive around the state you see fields filled with new vehicles waiting for parts.
Most of these are 2022 models, with some still being 2021.
I'm expecting huge discounts on all these vehicles as the parts become available.

"The older I get, the better I was"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have 25 Ford Explorer Interceptors on order, waiting for parts. Ordered over a year ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a 30 acre ,lot just north of work filled with F-150s. Saw them either picking some up or dropping some the other night when I left work.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
467 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 47 invisible), 2,066 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,143
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.