Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
MY first wife was a sex maniac. You name it, she'd do it. Guess we lasted four years at the most. Decided she wanted to go home to mama,. I didn't know a thing until I got served with papers.

Met my second wife at work. Was hired as Christmas help. I looked across the room and said to myself. I'm gonna get lady to be with me. Turned out she ws married but separated, had three kids and was trying to get up enough money for a divorce. WE just hit it off like bacon and eggs. Her husband wasn't too happy and goy violent with her. I shipped her and the kids off to her mothers made days off trips to Reno to see her. The drive to Reno was a pain in the rear so I quit my job and moved to Reno. Getting a job that paid anything was tough but we scrounged up the money to get her freedom. Two days later we tied the knot. Her mother didn't like me, situation normal. None of my girl friends mothers liked me. My family thought I was out of my mind marrying a woman with three kids. Long story short, we were together for 52 years until she passed. I doubt I'll ever get that lucky again. Read Proverbs 31 if you want to know my wife. I did not deserve so good a woman. I miss her still.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
GB1

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Aging is a whole lot tougher on women than it is for men.

Word

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by PJGunner
MY first wife was a sex maniac. You name it, she'd do it. Guess we lasted four years at the most. Decided she wanted to go home to mama,. I didn't know a thing until I got served with papers.

Met my second wife at work. Was hired as Christmas help. I looked across the room and said to myself. I'm gonna get lady to be with me. Turned out she ws married but separated, had three kids and was trying to get up enough money for a divorce. WE just hit it off like bacon and eggs. Her husband wasn't too happy and goy violent with her. I shipped her and the kids off to her mothers made days off trips to Reno to see her. The drive to Reno was a pain in the rear so I quit my job and moved to Reno. Getting a job that paid anything was tough but we scrounged up the money to get her freedom. Two days later we tied the knot. Her mother didn't like me, situation normal. None of my girl friends mothers liked me. My family thought I was out of my mind marrying a woman with three kids. Long story short, we were together for 52 years until she passed. I doubt I'll ever get that lucky again. Read Proverbs 31 if you want to know my wife. I did not deserve so good a woman. I miss her still.
PJ

Yessir
"Good friends " and family have shattered many an
otherwise great relationship for a man and woman.
The ones that rip my drawers are the ones that have
been married and divorced multiple times.
They're the least qualified to speak of what makes
a good relationship work.
Either they suck as a person and make a miserable
mate, or they're a terrible judge of character which
makes them suck at picking a dependable mate

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of wimmins, some are rather bright and witty. & since today is N'atl Daughter's Day, I thought this might be of interest. My daughter is only 12, but the last several years it has gotten nigh impossible to pull one over on her. She knows all my tricks, even knows what I'm going to say before I say it. Sure I'm able to get one over on her occasionally, but it's getting more and more difficult to do so. She even interrupts me and calls someone a commie basterd before I'm able to do so! She's a little firecracker and I know she won't take any crap from the boys - now or in the future.

Tonight I was telling her a story about one of our cousins who recently married some imbecile liberal named Chad who wears skinny capri pants and shirts that are at least 2-3 sizes too small - on purpose. She said: wait a minute, his name is Chad??? She then said: well, that should have been the first red flag for her (our cousin). I busted out laughing.

She's a good 'un and deserves the best. Although I'm seriously apprehensive about it, I know she'll choose a good man when the time comes.

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/25/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Aging is a whole lot tougher on women than it is for men.

Word

Women age like bananas

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Read Ben Franklin's "Advice to a young man" sometime. Old Ben was definitely a wise man!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’ve found women to be pretty closed mouthed, at least as far as current relationships.
Was married to Carol for 23 years, and then one day she handed me her wedding ring. Never give me a chance to fix anything, she was done.
Took me a while to get over that, but eventually I found Penny, and life was good again. For about 10 or 11 years.
Now I’m told “We’re no longer a couple anymore”.
Between this crap and the situation of the Nation I loved and swore my life to defend, I feel like digging a damn hole and pulling the dirt in over myself.
If you got some good news or something worth waiting to see, I’m all ears.
7mm
I was in that situation once. Here’s the advice I received:

There’s one just around the corner that’ll keep house like June Cleaver, cook like Betty Crocker, and fugk like Tracy Lords.

Keep at it!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Tinder

I have a friend my own age whose wife died. Met a woman online a year later, married her a year after that, both in their 60’s, happy as a clam now. I forget what app.

Tinder? I have another good friend in his 30’s, two kids, wife cut him off, separated. So he tried Tinder.

Tinder is the ouija board of “dating” grin But, one can get laid a lot.

Anyways, eventually he did meet someone he liked a lot but his wife wants to try and work it out so for the sake of the kids that’s where he’s at.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If a girl doesn't meet your standards, ....lower your standards.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PJGunner
MY first wife was a sex maniac. You name it, she'd do it.
PJ

where is she now?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Near 55 years, and I'm happy.[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

AMEN Wabi. October 9th would have been 43 years for us. She passed Monday, 9/12/22. God I miss her. She was the best. You guys need to appreciate what you have because it can be gone in a blink of an eye.

Jim

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sherwood Schwarz was the anti christ.
That Brady Bunch chit doesnt work.

Got divorced 20 yrs ago.
Aint found a good one w 200 acres of hunting ground so dont give a crap.

I warned a couple young guys at work. They didnt listen.
Now they cant hunt or fish and constantly work weekends because their new wives spend spend spend.

Grew up around strong, pretty, smart women. All conservatives. So like a dumbass I thought all women were capable/ decent.

Nope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Proverbs 31 chicks. With a badonkadonk…!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When she was 21, I thought she was too bossy to live with. At 66, she is getting better.

She now takes time off from bossing me around to criticize me.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gotta say, I miss what I had with Carol. We were both young, and madly in love for each other. Marrying her was the reason I joined the Army, and as a soldier, I wasn’t the best of husbands.
I got out after 4 years, and we returned home to where we’d grown up. For nearly 20 years things were great. I matured, got over the hell raising, and as Ben got older I became a pretty good father, a much better husband, and a pretty good provider.
But I guess as I matured, so did she, in a different direction. She handed me the ring and moved out.
A few months later, I took her out for Mother’s Day, and after an hour or so, I realized that this wasn’t the girl I’d married, and I really didn’t enjoy her company.
For about a year and a half, I didn’t give a crap if I woke up in the morning or not.
I ain’t trying to be a downer. It really don’t take much to make me happy.
Squirrel come in a couple weeks ago, and I got a stainless Ruger American in .22LR that’ll put 5 shots into a nickel at 35 yards! (I kid you not) grin
I also have a little honey hole full of Fox Squirrels and Grays, and just me and Ben and Penny knows where it’s at!
Once we get a frost and the leaves come down, me and that Ruger’s gonna do some hunting! I hope to hell I can convince Penny to go along.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I gotta say, I miss what I had with Carol. We were both young, and madly in love for each other. Marrying her was the reason I joined the Army, and as a soldier, I wasn’t the best of husbands.
I got out after 4 years, and we returned home to where we’d grown up. For nearly 20 years things were great. I matured, got over the hell raising, and as Ben got older I became a pretty good father, a much better husband, and a pretty good provider.
But I guess as I matured, so did she, in a different direction. She handed me the ring and moved out.
A few months later, I took her out for Mother’s Day, and after an hour or so, I realized that this wasn’t the girl I’d married, and I really didn’t enjoy her company.
For about a year and a half, I didn’t give a crap if I woke up in the morning or not.
I ain’t trying to be a downer. It really don’t take much to make me happy.
Squirrel come in a couple weeks ago, and I got a stainless Ruger American in .22LR that’ll put 5 shots into a nickel at 35 yards! (I kid you not) grin
I also have a little honey hole full of Fox Squirrels and Grays, and just me and Ben and Penny knows where it’s at!
Once we get a frost and the leaves come down, me and that Ruger’s gonna do some hunting! I hope to hell I can convince Penny to go along.
7mm

I won’t say much, but when you make it your job in life to take care of “them”, and then your world is torn in two, it is extraordinary difficult to know what to do with yourself…..year and a half in and I still don’t have it figured out. The strangest mix of anger, hate, sad, lonely and still freedom and the opportunity to make something new on a blank slate.

Last edited by Slope77; 09/26/22.
5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
When she was 21, I thought she was too bossy to live with. At 66, she is getting better.

She now takes time off from bossing me around to criticize me.

laugh

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
S
I lost my wife of nearly 39 years to cancer. I’d give anything to have her back. We both had flaws and bad habits. We stuck it out as long as possible

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 17CalFan, 264mag, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 35 invisible), 2,486 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,430
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.