G
Failed trying again.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hi GRF I went to the link but got this message:

This site can’t be reached
Check if there is a typo in https.
If spelling is correct, try running connectivity Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

KB

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Killer bee I’m working on it.

https://www.westernstandard.news/ne...99a7f7c-3dd4-11ed-a01f-db770a086a4e.html

Is the link I’m trying to link to.

I got it linked but now have a log or sign up page.

I’ll keep working on it but I’m a little short on digital skills.

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G

IC B2

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Sorry for all the hassle to get to proper working link.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Evening my friend, is this what you're looking for?

Maybe?

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No worries thank you Sir

KB

G
GRF Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
That’s it Dwayne!!

Thanks bud. Now folks have two links with some good news on the Canadian gun front.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Didn't they learn anything with the gun registry?

KB

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for posting GRF...1st link works for me.
That is great to hear there is at least some politico's with balls to tell Trudeau to shove it.

Here in BC, this fake government would have us hand in all of our machine guns, because we all own machine guns.

I will never hand in any firearm..ever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good evening my friend, I hope your season has been going okay so far and you're all well up there.

Indeed while I am one the one hand heartened by Alberta, it's absolutely disappointing to know that BC will remain silent and compliant on this matter with our present government.

Some folks who I talk to - of varied ethnic backgrounds might I add - are decidedly disinclined to acquiesce to the demands of the Crown Prince. That ship mighta sailed, you know?

We'll see, but there is a change in the wind I believe I feel stronger all the time.

We'll see.

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NDP will not help , Both Vancouver and Victoria , Van Island are to far left to help.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KillerBee
communist never learn . they have a take over agenda ,and facts be damned

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
communist never learn . they have a take over agenda ,and facts be damned

Touche!

KB

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What province is High River in?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Alberta

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kkahmann;
Good morning my cyber friend to the east, I hope all is going according to plan as much as possible for you.

When the High River flood happened in 2013, if I'm recalling the time sequence correctly, Alberta had more or less just concluded they'd go with the RCMP again and not revert back to an Alberta Provincial Police force which they did have from 1917 to 1932.

There's been a whole bunch of discussion in Alberta about resurrecting an Alberta Police Force, especially in the leadership race for the next United Conservative Party.

If I'm not wrong, the High River RCMP fiasco has been front and center in those discussions.

While I've been a supporter of the RCMP and all Canadian LEO in general, the mess they've made of High River, the Nova Scotia killing spree, the New Brunswick shooting and perhaps we could argue even the loss of 4 members at Mayerthorpe have all eroded public confidence in the RCMP noticeably. That's my opinion only of course.

If you've watched any of Commissioner Lucki's testimony on the inquiry into the Nova Scotia murder spree it's pretty clear - to me - that she was a political appointee plain and simple. The difference between her responses and some of the other senior RCMP brass who said she was pressuring them for the firearm information was day and night - in my view.

Out west here the biggest RCMP detachment in Canada is Surrey, BC and as of 2018 they began to formally transition to their own police services. That didn't look fantastic on the RCMP either really.

We'll see where this all leads, but it's for sure interesting times we're living in.

All the best to you on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like Sask may be joining in on this as well. Not much news on it yet.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Saskatchewan Joins Alberta - No Provincial Resources for Fed Gun Grab

On September 27, Christine Tell, Saskatchewan Minister of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety, informed RCMP Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore that “the Government of Saskatchewan does not support and will not authorize the use of provincially funded resources for any process that is connected to the federal governments proposed ‘buy back’ of these firearms.”i

“The Government of Saskatchewan fully supports anti-crime initiatives,” Minister Tell said, “that truly focus on the issues related to the criminal use of illegal firearms, preventing and combatting gang violence and addresses the issue of illegal or smuggled guns in our province.”

“We do not and will not support initiatives that only impact the law abiding, RCMP vetted, hunters, sport shooters, ranchers, farmers and others who use firearms for lawful and good reasons.”

“That said, we will not authorize the use of provincially funded resources of any type for the federal government’s ‘buy back’ program.”

Saskatchewan’s Public Safety Minister Christine Tell and Alberta’s Justice Minister Tyler Shandro are unequivocal in their positions.

Provincially-funded RCMP personnel and resources will not be removed from the very real job of protecting and defending public safety in order to pander to the Liberal government’s useless virtue-signaling agenda.

These two provinces clearly comprehend what Justin Trudeau and his Liberal ship of fools do not: Focusing on federally-licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners while ignoring violent repeat offenders is ridiculous – deserving of ridicule – and will not be tolerated.

The CSSA thanks Ministers Shandro and Tell, Chief Firearms Officers Teri Bryant and Chief Firearms Officer Robert Freberg for their forward-thinking, hard work and dedication on behalf of the firearms owners of Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Ontario Call to Action

Alberta and Saskatchewan’s refusal to assist Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government and his efforts to confiscate your legally-possessed property is a relief to prairie citizens - but they also show what’s possible.

We urge Ontario residents to contact the Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario, and politely encourage him to stand up for Ontarians and refuse to assist Ottawa’s gun confiscation efforts.

Ontario Provincial Police members are paid with Ontario tax dollars to serve Ontarians, not Ottawa’s lackeys.

When you write Premier Ford, consider including these points:

The May 1, 2020 gun ban by Order in Council did nothing to make Ontario safer
Confiscating firearms from licensed owners has no rational connection to any public safety goals
There is no evidence or public safety principle to support these actions
Their proposed confiscations are a disturbing use of billions of tax dollars for zero gain in public safety
Ottawa had no plan when they announced their virtue-signalling gun ban and they have no plan today to confiscate the private property of Ontarians.
Do not permit Justin Trudeau’s federal government to offload their misguided polices onto the backs of Ontarians
Do not permit Ottawa to force Ontarians to pay for its failures
Join Tyler Shandro, Alberta Minister of Justice, and Christine Tell, Saskatchewan Minister of Corrections, Policing and Public Safety and oppose Ottawa’s overreach and, in so doing, support and defend all Ontario firearm owners

Premier Doug Ford

Legislative Building

Queen's Park

Toronto ON M7A 1A1

Tel: 416-325-1941

Phone: premierontario.ca

https://www.ontario.ca/page/premier

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,524
Posts18,452,784
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.