Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Huncho
I shoot iron will solid broadheads. I wanted a fixed blade to not have to worry about potential for mechanical failure. I chose iron will because of their materials. They fly very similar to field points (and they look cool lol)

I’ve been an avid bowhunter for 44 years, and have tried quite a few heads. Slick Trick, Exodous, and Magnus Stingers are some of the best for me.
But four years ago, I tried Iron Will. They are expensive, but are scalpel sharp, easy to re sharpen, super durable, and fly very well. They’ve blown through elk, Brown Bear, Aoudad, deer and other animals for me.
I’ll be using them again this fall.

NRA Patron
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Huncho
I shoot iron will solid broadheads. I wanted a fixed blade to not have to worry about potential for mechanical failure. I chose iron will because of their materials. They fly very similar to field points (and they look cool lol)

I’ve been an avid bowhunter for 44 years, and have tried quite a few heads. Slick Trick, Exodous, and Magnus Stingers are some of the best for me.
But four years ago, I tried Iron Will. They are expensive, but are scalpel sharp, easy to re sharpen, super durable, and fly very well. They’ve blown through elk, Brown Bear, Aoudad, deer and other animals for me.
I’ll be using them again this fall.

You guys shooting the vented or solid blades? I shot them last year and was impressed with their sharpness. I shot the solid blades and the shot very similar to field points. The more I shot them the more I noticed the wind really affected their point of impact. The wind is usually blowing where I hunt, so I switched to a SEVR mechanical. So far they are crazy accurate and the one antelope I shot this year the results were impressive.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
the best expandable broadhead my son and i have used for elk is a expandable that i have a bunch of but are no longer sold Elmer heads they worked very well on elk for us. i am saving them for hopefully some more elk hunts.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just used a Sevr TI 125 grain. They seem to work just fine. Will try some more this fall.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The SEVR is an updated Elmer. Sent this one through an Antelope at 35 yards, broke the neck, went through the heart and lodged in the sternum. The Antelope was head down on the bank getting a drink.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

View from the blind, after the shot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used mainly slick tricks, grim reapers, and one G5 striker in the last 10-15 years. I can say that I after using the slick trick razortrick broad heads (discontinued) for probably 15-20 animals in that time I haven’t had a single one go more than 75 yards. The last 6 haven’t gone more than 30-50 yards each.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thunderhead 100s.

Leaves blood trails Stevie Wonder could follow

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by higher_figure
QAD Exodus. Really like how well it flies. Very durable and has been deadly

My son and I both shoot the QAD Exodus and love the things. They are easy to tune for, fly like a bullet, penetrate and kill extremely well. We have about three dozen kills and have no complaints with the Exodus.

Old bow Bud of mine that keeps a hard eye on all things archery told me about them more than 4 years ago, pointed me to a utube video of QAD owner shooting through a lot of heavy game in Africa, plenty good enough for me, it's a damn tough, straight flying, deep penetrating head.

One other thing I have noticed about the Exodus is that they are quiet in flight. Some broadheads make a lot of noise going downrange. Not the Exodus. I have stood behind my house where I am completely protected yet can hear a broadhead as my son shot past the house to a target down range. The way my yard lays out he can be shooting at 30, 40, 50 yards to a target and I can stand protected behind the corner of the house 20 yards from the target. In that way I can listen for the arrow coming from 10-30 yards away. It's shocking how loud some broadheads are.
Great information, thx.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
What broadheads do you use? Only one coming readily to mind. Maybe "Hot Lips Houlihan? (MASH) smile smile smile

Anonymous! smile

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ten or twelve years ago I was new to archery hunting and looked at this board to figure out what broad head to use on my Easton 78xx arrow out of my new compound bow. At that time there were a few guys here who said Slick Trick. My friends here looked at me like I was crazy.
Most of them now are shooting slick trick and not many deer get away.
I go back and forth between the Magnus Stinger with the bleeder and the viper trick on my long bow.
Expect it should work.

Last edited by Bob_B257; 09/21/22.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve used 125 gr. Rocky Mountains for over 40 years. I’ve never had a problem with them. I must have a hundred of them. What do you use?

I've used the 140 gr. Rocky Mountain 4 blade for years and never had issues as that's what I have been tuned into with my old Bow. Same thing, I must have hundreds. My son uses Iron Will Broad heads, and is very happy with them, as their a little pricey but man they fly good at any distance, and he shoots a lot at long distances. I'll probably switch up soon as I'm in the process of switching bows and equipment.

HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Still using the old 125 gr 3 blade Muzzys

I’ve lost count on how many hogs I have killed with them here at the Ranch.

Once had 3 sows lined up at my ground blind by the feeder. Closest one was 10 yards away. All were probably 80 to 100 lbs. Aimed for the lungs on the closest pig.
The arrow zipped right through the first 2 pigs, and stuck in the 3rd pig, with the broadhead sticking out about 4” on the far side of the furthest pig.

The first 2 ran about 50 yards and died. The 3rd one flopped over on its side and broke off the back half of my Carbon arrow. She kicked a few times and died.
The Muzzy Broadhead was still usable with some minor sharpening.

You should call Muzzy and monetize that testimonial. smile

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I shoot Muzzy fixed blades because they work.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Killed a Black Bear. Shot him in the front left shoulder right on the bone and the arrow exited the cavity but not the hide.

The broadhead centerpunched the bone completely shattering it leaving it flopping like a broken chicken wing

Montec G5

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Killed a Black Bear. Shot him in the front left shoulder right on the bone and the arrow exited the cavity but not the hide.

The broadhead centerpunched the bone completely shattering it leaving it flopping like a broken chicken wing

Montec G5

Yep.

The Montec is BAD ASS on most shot angles. But it sucks azz on hard angling shots..........which I found out the hard way.

Great head if you can discipline yourself to lay off the hard angling shots.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Here’s the performance of a Montec G5 on a nice Bull

[video:vimeo]https://vimeo.com/124145391?ref=em-v-share[/video]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
slick tricks, magnus and ironwill Ironwill this season

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Simmons Swampsharks and Zwickey Deltas and Cliffs. Used to be a SuperRazorhead user and used Grizzly glue ons when I was shooting wood for a couple years.

The Simmons cut holes like a machete and I don’t even use the big ones.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
Simmons Swampsharks and Zwickey Deltas and Cliffs. Used to be a SuperRazorhead user and used Grizzly glue ons when I was shooting wood for a couple years.

The Simmons cut holes like a machete and I don’t even use the big ones.
Been watching Bayou Bowhunter on YouTube.

He shoots those Swampsharks. Wicked boogers for sure.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,503
Posts18,452,528
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.