Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Traveling from Rockford IL to New Ulm MN.
Along 39&90 mostly.
Any gun shops to recommend? Not into black rifles etc.

Thanks

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
General Coin and Gun, Eau Claire- & Rice Lake- Tilden Gun shop- Tilden , WI- Bull, Bow, Barrel - Birchwood

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://www.ahlmans.com/

Not terribly far East of New Ulm - More than likely won't find any exceptional buys, but they've got decent inventory. Hit the various Scheels stores up as you see them, never know what you might find on their used rack.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
https://www.ahlmans.com/

Not terribly far East of New Ulm - More than likely won't find any exceptional buys, but they've got decent inventory. Hit the various Scheels stores up as you see them, never know what you might find on their used rack.

I too look at Scheels used gun racks. Every now and then they price something pretty low. I bought a 95% model 12 12 gauge at less than 1/2 price of other model 12's they had: because the clerk told me it had the wrong pistol grip (too open) therefore not factory. The pistol grip was right for the manufacture date though - it was manufactured earlier than what they had seen before.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
near St. Cloud ,Mn. at DEL Tone trap club its called Stu`s gunsmithing hrs. are 10 -5 p.m. gone at noon tell 1 p.m. lots of used guns changes week to week and he is a very good smith also.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
If you make it to Duluth, be sure and hit Puglisi's Gun Emporium

http://puglisiguns.cloudapp.net

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, Puglisi's is the best one that I've ever been to. He bought a bank in West Duluth and the R-E-A-L-L-Y good stuff is in the vault. They had two Dakota m10's out on the general sales floor and I'd never even seen a single one anywhere else. My buddy was there handling an English double also out on the main floor and the sales guy said that they would take "25" for it. $2,500 would have been a little rich for my buddy, but he said okay, he'd buy it. The sales guy said, "No, not $2,500. It's $25,000!!!" They have nice stuff completely out of character for west Duluth.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As an aside, there is a full size elephant coat of Maile, complete with the Howdah on top. Pretty cool stuff.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Left there in 1995, but their use to be a real good one, along old Hwy 12 and the south side frontage road in Golden Valley that had all sorts of cool selections in there... Also Berger Bros, down on 98th and Penn in Bloomington, right off I 35 before ya crossed the Minnesota River Bridge..

knowing my luck, they are out of business or have moved....

Use to hit both of those pretty often.. There is a gun shop in Wayzata downtown also...
last fall bought a Chronograph off of them on line.. wasn't familiar with the gun shop in my 15 years of living back that way.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pete53
near St. Cloud ,Mn. at DEL Tone trap club its called Stu`s gunsmithing hrs. are 10 -5 p.m. gone at noon tell 1 p.m. lots of used guns changes week to week and he is a very good smith also.

Stu has ended up with way too much of my money over the years. 😁 He's down the road from the graybar granite wall hotel in St. Cloud. He had an 1894cl in 32-20 last Christmas that I set down, and regret it still.
Little Crow Shooting Sports in Hutchinson, MN will be fairly close to New Ulm, and they usually have some good gear.
As stated, I've found some stupid good deals on the used racks at Scheels. Happy gunstore hunting!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boone's in Isle MN sure impressed me, if it's near your route..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Boone's would be my #1 stop before any other shop in MN if you're into collectable firearms from Winchester, Remington, Savage 99's, Browning, S&W, etc. They also have an indescribable amount of vintage ammo, not just the boxes, but vintage loaded ammo, hundreds and hundreds of boxes. Centerfire, shotgun, rimfire, US and Canadian (AlCan/Imperial).

IF you're in that neck of the woods, ? 4-5Mi E of Little Falls there's a good one on the S side of the highway and the Corner Store in Backus right off of Hwy 371 is also excellent, especially if you're looking for SxS shotguns.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Berger Bros. have been gone for over twenty years...too bad, I always like the store in Fridley.
Scheels, in St Cloud, anyway, doesn't have much for any used guns.
The store in Hutch (Crow Wing Sports?), good little store, but not as many used guns as they used to have.
Boone's in Isle has the best selection of used guns...but be advised, they're very proud (price) of their guns.
Ahlmans, is worth an hour of your time. Just never know what a person may find there.

Mel's, in Spicer sold out...just "black guns" now...WAY TOO BAD...used to be best in the state.

Last edited by org_Rogue_Hunter; 09/27/22.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Reeds in Walker Can have some decent stuff.

MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Gregerson ACE Hardware in Baldwin WI along I-94 about half hour east of MN is a good place as is Gun Stop in Minnetonka. Osakis MN also has a General Store with good supply of firearms stuff. They are all north of where you will be though. Mankato Scheels and Ahlmans and the Cabela's in Owatonna are closer for you.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Osakis MN also has a General Store with good supply of firearms stuff.

The General Store may have traded hands. I stopped there 2-3 months ago and they don't have near the amount of used guns as they used to...turned into another black gun store.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kjergaard Sports, Lake Benton, MN. A huge variety of items and good people.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
The GunStop in Minnetonka, western Minneapolis suburb, is a gun store with lots of guns and reloading stuff.

NRA Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Gregerson ACE Hardware in Baldwin WI along I-94 about half hour east of MN is a good place as is Gun Stop in Minnetonka. Osakis MN also has a General Store with good supply of firearms stuff. They are all north of where you will be though. Mankato Scheels and Ahlmans and the Cabela's in Owatonna are closer for you.

Osakis shut down 3-4 years ago unfortunately.

Originally Posted by boatammo
Reeds in Walker Can have some decent stuff.

Reeds has tons of new guns but only a few consignment used guns.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dale06
The GunStop in Minnetonka, western Minneapolis suburb, is a gun store with lots of guns and reloading stuff.

Ordered my Lab Radar Chrony from there... quick shipping. Left the area 27 years ago, but if the store was there before 1995, I never knew about it,
and I lived over in Plymouth and then in Albertville.

Can't remember the shop, but there was one of Hwy 55, just out of Golden Valley. I bought three Browning A Bolts there in like 1992 or 1993, for like $225 each.... 06, 300 Win and 338 Win... two with synthetic stocks and one with a wood stock... Still have all three rifles and each has always been a great shooter, accurate as all hell.

Use to be some good gun shops there in Minnesota, but then 25 plus years ago, there were a lot of nice gun shops, about anywhere, that have been out of business for a long time....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (1eyedmule, 308ld, 1_deuce, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 33 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,179
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.