Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I think the "Poilievre Effect" is exactly correct. Trudeau is in trouble, and he knows it.
The legacy media will soon have no choice but to report the facts and quit supporting the Liberals so blatantly. GD

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just my luck, they drop the jap mandate just two weeks after I was scheduled to go on a moose hunt. Liberals suck!!!

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dwayne is (as usual) correct.

The taxes for a Canadian citizen that uses the property as their primary residence is a hell of a lot different than what a non-Canadian pays taxes for when they use it part time. It was built in the 60’s and owned by the family since then. They watched as their taxes approached 6 figures per year for something they maybe used for 2 months out of the year. During covid there was a proposal by the Canadian government to either increase or add an additional tax on non-Canadian owned property which would have pushed their tax liability to a solid 6 figures. They have money and likely would have kept their family cabin but not being able to access it at the same time as well as their taxes going up AGAIN encouraged them to sell.

My buddy was frustrated but he, like I, was of the belief that a country penalizing non-Canadians was their right and if the shoe was on the other foot we’d support it. It unfortunately forced their hand in deciding to sell the Canada cabins and acreage. They were just one family but through their taxes as well as all the money we all spent at the marina, stores, pubs, rental yards, restaurants, gas stations etc that money of theirs /ours ain’t coming back. They were prevented by some ordinance or law from renting their Canada cabin so when they weren’t staying there it wasn’t able to generate income and therefore it just sat empty. More druggies and losers were showing up on V.I BC and in the past several years had issues with burglars despite it being remote and in the woods so that became a concern too.

They rolled a part of the sale into a beautiful log “cabin” on Lopez island in the San Juan’s but at 5600 sq/ft it’s less a cabin and more of a big ass house. Even being taxed at the 4million purchase price their taxes are a fraction of what they were paying in Canada while never having to worry about being forbidden from utilizing their home. They also have it booked almost solid for 9 month of the year leaving June, July and August for family and friends. The difference in the costs and taxes of 2 places that are probably 50 miles (as the crow flies) from each other but in different countries are incomparable…..and incomprehensible. If Canada hadn’t become so despotic during the bullshit covid crap my buddy would still own the cabin and would continue paying the ridiculous amount of taxes while being forbidden from renting it to anyone else to help offset some of that blood money. I’m not sure how big of a swing their yearly costs have enjoyed but knowing what their big costs are I estimate their roughly saving/making, by a conservative estimate, over $110,000 each year more than when they owned the Canada place.

Government will surely extract its pound of flesh from the current owner but I GUARANTEE you that they aren’t paying anywhere close to what my buddy paid……they’re just one family.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Is there a website to go to, to learn for sure?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Aces—got a friend here much the same. Owned 3 separate pieces —one for deer hunting —one for moose and one he built a million dollar log cabin on Lake Nipigon. 2nd time his wife was ordered into quarantine because there was screw-up on her Covid test—he got mad—sold the whole works for less than 700 grand. The guy is Native but is dual citizen—made his money in Wisconsin and he’s got lots. Me and 3 other fishing guides are gonna miss him badly.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Canada is run by stinking communists!

Whoever votes for the commies like Trudeau, are communist as well!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Rumor has it restrictions will be dropped by the end of September, no date set. Sparkle socks is too busy singing karaoke in London

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
As I understand it—and Iam no authority on civics in Canada—the OIC (Order in Council) just dies on September 30–it has to be extended by the PMO (Prime Ministers Office). Traditionally the PMO has given a 10 day notice when extending previous OIC’s. We might know more by the end of the day as The Shiny Pony is supposed to be in Parliament today for question period.

The OIC authorizes random Covid testing—mandates the use of ArriveCan app and requires those wishing to enter Canada to be fully vaccinated. All that goes away on Sept 30 without direct action by the Prime Minister.

I can’t see any political upside to extending it but it’s hard to predict what a petulant child will do.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The news reports suggest that masking will still be required for anyone flying or using the trains. I believe this requirement is just for those crossing the border by those means.

Jim

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
O, for the good old days!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hoping I can paddle into Canada again without the need for a vax. I've missed those fishing trips.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
The news reports suggest that masking will still be required for anyone flying or using the trains. I believe this requirement is just for those crossing the border by those means.

Jim

Email the Minister.

Wed, Sep 21, 9:47 AM (1 day ago)
to jean-yves.duclos,

Dear Health Minister,

I must congratulate you on the anticipated September 30th lifting of the vaccination requirements and the ArriveCan App made optional for international travellers. As we have learned more about COVID 19, the previous requirements have proved mostly redundant and harmful to international commerce and travel. In my 2022 international travel, I have yet to find the ArriveCan App beneficial to my ingress to Canada at all.

I must petition you to lift the mask mandate for travel by planes and trains. As stated above, as we learned more about COVID 19, we have learned that masks are mostly ineffective at inhibiting the spread of the virus. If a person is immunocompromised, as before, it should be their responsibility to protect themselves and not the responsibility of others. As a person whose skin breaks out from mask wear, I look forward to not having to wear a mask while traveling.

Regards,

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Maybe I’ll be able to “steam” north in my boat next summer and take my time fishing as I go rather than shipping it. That’ll be far more fun….I dunno about cheaper but definitely more fun.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
OTTAWA - The federal government has announced it is dropping all COVID-19 border restrictions for anyone entering Canada, including: proof of COVID-19 vaccination, quarantine and isolation requirements as well as all pre- or on-arrival COVID-19 testing.
Canada is also making the ArriveCan application optional, and is lifting the mask mandate and health check requirements for travellers on planes and trains.

Declaring the imminent end of these restrictions—effective Oct. 1— marks a major milestone in Canada's pandemic response.

Tracking every case of COVID-19 in Canada
Canada dropping travel mask mandate and ending COVID-19 border and quarantine restrictions
Federal government unlikely to declare victory on COVID as travel restrictions loosen
HIV spike among B.C. drug users associated with COVID-19 lockdown, research says
Judge orders eviction of Freedom Convoy-affiliated group from Ottawa church
COVID raises risk of long-term brain injury, large U.S. study finds
Pfizer CEO tests positive for COVID-19 for a second time
RELATED STORIES
Don Martin: Blocked at the border no more: Good riddance to the ArriveCAN app
Effect of pandemic border restrictions could be long-lasting: critics
Canada to drop COVID-19 vaccine border policy, ArriveCan to be optional: sources
Group files constitutional challenge of ArriveCan app in Federal Court
MP says Ottawa underestimated Canadians' desire to travel again
Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Public Safety Marco Mendicino, Transport Minister Omar Alghabra and other relevant ministers and public health officials are speaking to the doing away with pandemic precautions Monday morning in Ottawa.

Newsletter sign-up: Get The COVID-19 Brief sent to your inbox
Deciding to allow the special orders that for months have upheld Canada's special pandemic authorizations under the Quarantine Act to expire means:

Foreign nationals won't need to be vaccinated to enter the country;
Incoming travellers to major airports won't be subject to random mandatory COVID-19 tests;
Unvaccinated Canadians will no longer have to isolate when they return;
Travellers will not have to monitor or report if they develop COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival;
Submitting public health information through the ArriveCan app prior to landing will become optional; and
It'll no longer be mandatory to wear a face mask while travelling on planes or trains.
Cruise ship measures are also being lifted, though passenger and crew protection guidelines will remain to "align with the approach used in the United States."

The government says the removal of these border measures is the result of modelling indicating that Canada has "largely passed" the peak of the Omicron wave of infections; Canada's high vaccination and lower hospitalization and death rates; as well as the availability of boosters, rapid tests, and COVID-19 treatments.

Officials said that while Canada is lifting the mask mandate, travellers are still "strongly recommended" to wear high-quality and well-fitting masks and make "informed decisions" when travelling.

The government is reminding travellers that they should not do so if they have COVID-19 symptoms, and they will have to still follow any provincial or territorial requirements.

The government says that COVID-19 will remain one of the communicable diseases listed in the Quarantine Act, and travellers who are sick upon arrival in Canada are being asked to inform a staff member or border services officer, as they "may then be referred to a quarantine officer who will decide whether the traveller needs further medical assessment."

Foreign nationals will still be required to meet the entry requirements under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and will have to provide appropriate travel and immigration documentation in order to be eligible to enter Canada.

This is a breaking news story. More to come…

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Minister Duclos made the announcement this morning. Sparkle Socks is off the Anchorage Alaska to observe the northern lights—at least that was reported on my newsfeed this morning.
The electrical authority of Maine tried to send some linemen to Nova Scotia to help with the hurricane relief—thank god they didn’t have ArriveCan filled out properly so we’re denied entry.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
About time!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
About time!!

Yep!
I will be heading to Canada in a few days to visit friends who I had told that I would see as soon as the mandate was dropped.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"The Witch is dead, Ding Dong"!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, does this mean I can drive to Alaska through Canada from the lower 48 without being vaccinated? I do have anti-bodies from a previous January 2022 infection. Will a Canadian road house allow us lodging? Can we walk around without masks in Canada?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I think so Hastings.

If in doubt, call Canada customs.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
345 members (257 mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 2,000 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.