"Big truck.....small package" is the best analogy I've heard........djw

RAVENS & WOLVES
GB2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My pickup is and always has been a 2nd vehicle for me. I use it for pulling a boat (and whatever else needs pulled) and going hunting. I bought my current rig brand new. Now it's 11yrs old w/210K on it.

If I were in the market today I'd likely buy another F250, but, I'd get the 7.3L gas motor and the Tremor package then run it 10-15yrs and a whole bunch of miles. Not sure why anyone would give a damn what I paid or why I bought it when I buy it and use it a bunch as my wants/needs require.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserfan
"Big truck.....small package"

That'd be me......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
F150’s for the last 42 years, that’s what I drive.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Celebrities so they can be shot at! Denise Richards Road Rage Incident

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Ever notice (hard not to) the prominent logos on "designer" clothing ? Under Armor et al, in many cases it takes up the entire front and back of the overpriced garments !!!!

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
The real question is, why does it seem like every douchebag with a big lift, offset wheels, and mud tires refuses to use mud flaps? Is it a law? I can spot a truck without mudflaps coming a mile away, well before they splatter my truck in slush and rocks. Even in the opposing lane, theyre covering you in that crap to where youre driving blind until you hit your wipers. Damn idiots, theres a special place in hell for fools like that. And on another note, 90% of them are dodges. I just dont understand the appeal of driving a tryck that makes you look like a douchebag, and is a hazard to every other vehicle on the road.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Other than his royalty money, wonder what Carroll Shelby would have really thought of that rig.

Back when I was heavy in the cattle business, a friend in TX helped manage Shelby's Pittsburg, TX cattle ranch. He also used it as a proving ground for vehicles. When I was there, his ranch hands had burned the clutch in a new Taco P/U. They were all excited, put it on a trailer to be hauled in for an "autopsy". If you want to screw up a new pickup, just turn it over to ranch hands and tell them it's bullet proof..... Toyota evidently was paying good money for Shelby to test their trucks.

He had a pair of vintage D-8 Cat dozers he had gotten from the Howard Hughes hanger after they moved the Spruce Goose. They had been in that hanger since new, just pulling the big Goose around. For such old tractors, they almost looked new. Shelby had one of them fitted with a blade which they used it to clear brush. Compared to current D-8's, they were surprisingly small. I'd have guessed D-6 size without seeing the D-8 decal. The blade was operated with cables and they were pony motor started. Real vintage stuff...

I went to a cattle sale in the Valley with him. He seemed uninterested in the sale itself, sat behind the bleachers while his manager did all the bidding. He seemed to be a nice enough guy, just not a cattleman...

He's gone to his reward. Lots of years have passed. Good memories.

DF

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A good friend , 75, years old, was always a GM guy.
He is an old hotrodder , "improved" the performance of all his cars and trucks.
Got the diesel bug and owned 4 Duramax 2500 Z71's.
Now he sold his GMC and bought a Dodge Terex.
When asked why,, Because I want one.

That may be the reason for a lot of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I’m guessing cuz that’s what they want!!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 12/28/22.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Not just the car makers. Have you ever looked at a new car on a lot and saw the dealers sticker on the back? Has a dealer ever offered to pay you to have his advertising on your brand new truck?

Quit buying new years ago but, when I did, every salesman was told ZERO dealership name on outside unless you're gonna pay me $1000 for advertising. Told it to the finance manager too. Never had a dealer name appear on outside of vehicle, although one showered me with keychains and snow scrapers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
Its nothin a guy cant fix with a heat gun. Bought a new silverado trailboss in 21 and it was short work to get those cheap ass stickers off, followed by the tailgate badging.

First thing I did to my Tremor when I got it home. Removed all the Tremor badges.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hate buying anything with advertising on it. You pay $20 to $25 for a cap and it says anything from Atlanta Braves to Bud Light. They never to pay you to wear their name. They charge you for it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have never understood why anyone gives a flying FFUUCCKK what truck one chooses to buy, or rifle, travel trailer or wife. Seems the Dem's want us all alike...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Don’t care for all those badges, but I’d like to have that truck

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Not just the car makers. Have you ever looked at a new car on a lot and saw the dealers sticker on the back? Has a dealer ever offered to pay you to have his advertising on your brand new truck?

That's exactly right. First things I peel off my vehicles.

Bought the Land Cruiser and the dealer was taking it around to get detailed while we did paperwork, I told him that if it came back out with their trademark decal on the ass end he’d be finding me another one. That and the dealer license plate frame pisses me off.
I just paid more than my first house for a vehicle and you want me to advertise for you for free?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Don’t care for all those badges, but I’d like to have that truck
Yup

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Damn right. Not everybody thinks blowing thru barbwire fences while chasing coyotes is a good way to' make it mine'.

LOL ! grin True dat !!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheKid
I worked for a guy who was consumed with his “brand” one top of the line item we made had his logo on it 13 times. This item was slightly bigger than a breadbox.
no differant than Harley -Davidson Bike riders ,who put every acessery and replacement parts on the bike that says Harley Davidson ,or have the H-D Eagle . i once counted 8 or more H-D or eagle on a bike and they are way smaller than a truck.its like nobody knows it is a Harley

Last edited by rem shooter; 07/06/23.

NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Americans,
Spending money they don't have,
on things they don't need,
to impress people they don't like. (Or know)

150%of what those badges, and every other option badge is about.

Good point!

I found myself next to a RAM POWER WAGON while queued up at a traffic light yesterday. The POWER WAGON decal was oriented vertical, so you would have had a hard time to read the words if it was moving. Chrysler always seemed to put more effort into giving their vehicles names and unnecessary design features than most other manufacturers. I remember the Dodge Super Bee and Daytona from the muscle care era prior to the 1972 oil embargo.

The only truck that I own is an old Ford Explorer Sport-Trac and since the Explorer line has always been marketed as an SUV, I'm not sure if it is a truck, despite having a small cargo bed, or an SUV. Not that it matters, 'cause Ford stopped making them after the 2010 model year, another good idea that Ford did away with, only for it to rise again, sort of, as the MAVERICK.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,776 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,825
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.