Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kingston
Due to the timing, the fact that three separate pipelines were affected ......

OK, lost me on that one. Thought there were TWO pipeline failures, Nord Stream 1 and 2.

What is the third?

BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Potsy
I’m anything but an expert, but disabling a pipeline on a seabed sounds a bit too technical and requiring a bit of operational prowess that the Ruskies have never really displayed.
Beyond that, why would they blow up two pipelines when all they have to do is turn the damn valve off?

They have been working on their seafloor sabotage capabilities for a while now. Severing internet cables in particular. Placing explosives on a gas line they built is absolutely possible. Not saying they did do it, but it's withing their skill set . And ours, to be fair. Maybe others too.

how does one place explosives on a very strong concrete and steel pipe at 300 feet or deeper?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Turning to Twitter for news? It was a 2.2 earthquake... and that so called Twitter statement you all say Biden made was from FEBURARY, before Russia had actually invaded Ukraine, and both him and Germany's Chancelor was talking about stopping the completion of Nord Stream 2, which they did with Germany's refusal to Certify it.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, that's one way to cut-off gas to Europe without actually saying you are going to cut Europe off.

Damn guys, someone blew up the pipeline, guess you're not getting any gas from us this winter.

Oh darn...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
It makes no sense for Russia to do it when they could have simply turned a valve and shot Europe the finger.

I wonder if Germany wasn’t getting shaky. Maybe even there was some surreptitious gas shipping going on.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
That the Germans would put themselves in this position speaks volumes about the capacity for dogmatic thinking to utterly blind human beings into jettisoning all self interest. I can't be reminded enough as to how fundamentally irrational decision making can be.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thea last time the world squeezed Germany like this we got WWII.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up believing the USA was the good guy. The last 6 years have shown me the opposite.

Stolen elections have consequences. We'll be lucky to survive the Biden regime.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yup, recently there was the tea-party, followed by maga, and somewhere in-between Q, all completely irrational and idiotic.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are a moron.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Check out which politicians have recently invested in US NG producers and you will have your answer.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Yup, recently there was the tea-party, followed by maga, both completely irrational and idiotic.

Phil
The Biden admin is a fugging disaster.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Yup, recently there was the tea-party, followed by maga, and somewhere in-between Q, all completely irrational and idiotic.

Phil

Well Phil sex with children is legalized now under Biden .

Aren't you late for children's drag queen strip show hour at your local California elementary school?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That the Germans would put themselves in this position speaks volumes about the capacity for dogmatic thinking to utterly blind human beings into jettisoning all self interest. I can't be reminded enough as to how fundamentally irrational decision making can be.
well, as Bertrand Russell said so many years ago:“Most people would rather die than think and many of them do!”

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

actually up until the war started, the US accommodated, was friendly toward, and did nothing to hinder the Nazis.

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m a betting man and I’d put my money on us (USA). This dooms the Germans to economic collapse. There’s no way they can import enough gas now.

I think the red wave is growing and will be hitting Western Europe PDQ.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’m a betting man and I’d put my money on us (USA). This dooms the Germans to economic collapse. There’s no way they can import enough gas now.

I think I read that the pipe was 300 feet and only a very few countries had the means to do this meaning probably the US.

Destabilizing the world as usual
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Potsy
I’m anything but an expert, but disabling a pipeline on a seabed sounds a bit too technical and requiring a bit of operational prowess that the Ruskies have never really displayed.
Beyond that, why would they blow up two pipelines when all they have to do is turn the damn valve off?

They have been working on their seafloor sabotage capabilities for a while now. Severing internet cables in particular. Placing explosives on a gas line they built is absolutely possible. Not saying they did do it, but it's withing their skill set . And ours, to be fair. Maybe others too.

how does one place explosives on a very strong concrete and steel pipe at 300 feet or deeper?
Have you ever heard of the USS Jimmy Carter ? It’s a Seawolf class submarine that has a 100’ long section add to the middle for this kind of work. Dive chambers , robots , bays to recover items from the sea floor. My friend broke his neck the first time on the Carter getting in or out of her at depth. Made to tap undersea communication cables and such. We’re the most capable in the world at this kind of work.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

actually up until the war started, the US accommodated, was friendly toward, and did nothing to hinder the Nazis.

Chamberlain Declares “Peace for Our Time”
On September 30, 1938, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain received a rowdy homecoming after signing a peace pact with Nazi Germany.

Ya, that one did not work out very well. Handed Hitler everything he asked for in the process. Some "squeeze".

Last edited by SupFoo; 09/27/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See Eye Aye.....the eastern Yerupeein schitt-stirring chapter.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We’re working overtime to start WWIII with a country we should have made peace and common cause with thirty years ago. We carried on with the Cold War and became the evil empire.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 222ND, 74 invisible), 2,777 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.