J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by snowboardguy
Originally Posted by TeeBone
Has anyone seen anything on weight? Looks a little clunky in pics.

I thought the same thing. Contour of the bolt sleeve and handle seem to give that appearance. I do like the Oberndorf style bottom metal.

Forend looks awfully square and larger than needed as well.

Sure looks like a AG All Terrain or Sportsman from here.

The All Terrain has a cheekpiece and the Sportsman does not...so I'd guess it's a Sportsman. The listed weight, drop at comb/butt, and OAL are identical between the All Terrain and Sportsman according to AG's listed specs. With a low mounted scope I REALLY like the All Terrain.

The AG stocks are more square and deeper through the barrel channel than other brands but the radiused/rounded edges don't make it feel square in my hand.

I'm curious about the weight and if the action/barrel are stainless. Lots of good improvements.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JCM, you're right on all accounts. The rifle might have the appearance of being a little chunky but I'll bet it's a great handling rifle.
With a modest scope, I'd assume it'll come in around 7.5#.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Looks pretty damn interesting to me!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by TeeBone
Has anyone seen anything on weight? Looks a little clunky in pics.

I thought the same thing. Contour of the bolt sleeve and handle seem to give that appearance. I do like the Oberndorf style bottom metal.

Forend looks awfully square and larger than needed as well.

Sure looks like a AG All Terrain or Sportsman from here.

The All Terrain has a cheekpiece and the Sportsman does not...so I'd guess it's a Sportsman. The listed weight, drop at comb/butt, and OAL are identical between the All Terrain and Sportsman according to AG's listed specs. With a low mounted scope I REALLY like the All Terrain.

The AG stocks are more square and deeper through the barrel channel than other brands but the radiused/rounded edges don't make it feel square in my hand.

I'm curious about the weight and if the action/barrel are stainless. Lots of good improvements.
JCM, you're right on all accounts. The rifle might have the appearance of being a little chunky but I'll bet it's a great handling rifle.
With a modest scope, I'd assume it'll come in around 7.5#.

Thank you both for sharing.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
After looking at this more closely I don't know what people are complaining about. It looks like some past Remington issues were addressed. Other than I'd like to see a stainless version I can't see one thing yet I don't like. I'm sure a SS version will soon follow.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by tzone
After looking at this more closely I don't know what people are complaining about. It looks like some past Remington issues were addressed. Other than I'd like to see a stainless version I can't see one thing yet I don't like. I'm sure a SS version will soon follow.

It's an interesting rifle. If they can't/won't do stainless, then maybe black nitride would work as well.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kaleb
The gun looks good to me. I don’t have a need or even want for one but nice gun none the less.

The flutes will make it a pass for some wanting to use a suppressor. Seekins done the same thing. Few of us will agree on barrel length but at least with a regular barrel it can be cut and threaded where you wish.

Why? It appears to be threaded already.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by barm
The gun looks good to me. I don’t have a need or even want for one but nice gun none the less.

The flutes will make it a pass for some wanting to use a suppressor. Seekins done the same thing. Few of us will agree on barrel length but at least with a regular barrel it can be cut and threaded where you wish.

I think what he's saying is some would prefer to cut the barrel down to a different length and then thread it. Flutes make that tough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barm

I think what he's saying is some would prefer to cut the barrel down to a different length and then thread it. Flutes make that tough.

I misread that one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'd like to see the bolt handle attachment a bit more clearly. They say it's dovetailed and brazed, but I haven't yet seen any good photos of that.

IC B3

G
gene270 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
says single piece bolt body ..didnt see mention of the dovetail or brazing did I miss it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AG made the stocks for the Fieldcraft. I think they were really nice ergos.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I'd like to see the bolt handle attachment a bit more clearly. They say it's dovetailed and brazed, but I haven't yet seen any good photos of that.

I thought I read that it was all 1 piece?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I thought I read that it was all 1 piece?
Not sure. They say one-piece bolt body, which may or may not include the bolt handle, and Ron Spomer says dovetailed and brazed for the handle.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ky221
With an ADL there is absolutely no need to run the rounds through the chamber to unload. To unload an ADL in the safest manner possible.....simply push the bolt forward until the round is picked up out of the magazine then retract the bolt and pull the "loose" round out with your fingers. A round NEVER needs to make it into the chamber.

THIS!!!^^^

It continues to boggle my mind rifle owners who do not know how to safely unload a blind box mag.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Some nice features, but most complaints about the 700 could’ve been solved with:

1) Better quality control.
2) Weld/screw on bolt handle
3) Changed/improved extractor
4) License a Timney/Triggertech trigger.

Of course, none of that would’ve created the same “buzz” as a new rifle..

That is pretty good recap...

I love and own many 700s... have built many as well. Your list is solid.

I like the list too.
Although I have nicely tuned Walker triggers that work as well as my aftermarket Shilens, Timneys, and Triggertech.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JB mentioned on another thread he has shot the Alpha 1 and will have a future article.

What I have been told:
-The rifle weighs 7.5-8lbs bare
-MSRP is $2000+

I like the effort of tighter specs throughout and a quality stock.
Never had a problem with the factory bolt release, already know how to field strip a M700 bolt, like the idea of a “welded” bolt handle (that’s what I was told anyway).

Now if RemArms can introduce something along the lines and quality of a 1st Gen Ti Mtn rifle (an SS action is fine by me) for less than $2000 I would be plenty interested.

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I can go buy a Winchester 70 super grade for $1819 and that's a lot better rifle in almost every way.

Remington needs to catch up

Last edited by mjbgalt; 09/29/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
JB mentioned on another thread he has shot the Alpha 1 and will have a future article.

What I have been told:
-The rifle weighs 7.5-8lbs bare
-MSRP is $2000+

I like the effort of tighter specs throughout and a quality stock.
Never had a problem with the factory bolt release, already know how to field strip a M700 bolt, like the idea of a “welded” bolt handle (that’s what I was told anyway).

Now if RemArms can introduce something along the lines and quality of a 1st Gen Ti Mtn rifle (an SS action is fine by me) for less than $2000 I would be plenty interested.
At that rate, I believe I'd go the route of a win 70 extreme weather for less $.

You'll shoot your eye out
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,073
Posts18,463,784
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.