Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hardway Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just started practicing with a holosun reflex red dot and in lowlight/darkness when I turn on the stream light TRL-7 I cannot see the red dot? Is this normal? Is this where you switch to using the iron sights or is it considered not practical to run both? I know there are some who argue that you should use a separate flashlight instead of the mounted version but that isn't happening on this particular pistol.... this pistol is my nightstand gun. Thanks.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
That is definitely not normal.

You should easily be able to see the red dot, if it is the type that auto adjusts to the light conditions. I run an RMR with a light on for an HD gun and there is no issue at all seeing the dot, as the RMR adjusts to the changing light conditions.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I keep my Holosun 507c in manual mode and keep it bright enough to see in the daylight and it is bright enough to see with the 1000 lumen light I have.

Auto mode has not worked well for me with the HS or RMR.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
That is definitely not normal.

You should easily be able to see the red dot, if it is the type that auto adjusts to the light conditions. I run an RMR with a light on for an HD gun and there is no issue at all seeing the dot, as the RMR adjusts to the changing light conditions.

Trijicon definitely beats the holosun when it comes to auto adjusting to a weapon light . Works like a charm with a light

The new holosun SCS seems to adjust better than their other models . A 507c I have just sucks with a light so it gets put in manual mode and on bright when needed in that capacity

Last edited by jmd025; 09/24/22.

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Duh.... yeah, it's the auto on/off shutting it off. Not sure I want this optic on my nightstand gun.... I don't want to have to remember what mode my optic is set on in the middle of the night?

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hardway
Duh.... yeah, it's the auto on/off shutting it off. Not sure I want this optic on my nightstand gun.... I don't want to have to remember what mode my optic is set on in the middle of the night?

Which optic, dumb ass?

And is it set to auto adjust or did you finger blast it for five minutes at the range and then install a light?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

Which optic, dumb ass?

And is it set to auto adjust or did you finger blast it for five minutes at the range and then install a light?

Holosun 507K..... I was shooting it out back on my range and the dot worked fine.... when I was heading into the shop where my safe is I checked the light and no dot? Guess I could read instructions but figured I would ask. The light is a stream light tlr 7.... I've had the light on a couple different pistols.... I've used it quite a bit.... shot a few hogs when hunting with my buddies dogs. I'm no John Burns type operator so this is my first red dot sight.... trying to get familiar with it before I put it next to the bed and need to depend on it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Oh boy

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Which optic, dumb ass?

Holosun 507K..... I was shooting it out back on my range and the dot worked fine.... when I was heading into the shop where my safe is I checked the light and no dot? Guess I could read instructions but figured I would ask. The light is a stream light tlr 7.... I've had the light on a couple different pistols.... I've used it quite a bit.... shot a few hogs when hunting with my buddies dogs. I'm no John Burns type operator so this is my first red dot sight.... trying to get familiar with it before I put it next to the bed and need to depend on it.

Good to know the potential burglar will be safe.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Holosun 507K..... I was shooting it out back on my range and the dot worked fine.... when I was heading into the shop where my safe is I checked the light and no dot? Guess I could read instructions but figured I would ask.

I have some 507K X2s and a 407K X2. If left powered on, they have a shake awake feature that has never failed me. You can manually turn the optic off by pushing the "+" and "-" buttons at the same time. I have done that inadvertently by using the optic to rack the gun. The solution (aside from not using the optic as a charging aid) is to hold the "+" button down for 3 seconds until the dot blinks, in order to lock the setting at whatever reticle and brightness setting you have at the time. The downside is that you cannot adjust the brightness setting without again holding the "+" button down for 3 seconds until it blinks, then adjusting. (Because I like the plain dot only, I went to the 407K X2 because it has a 6 MOA dot rather than 2, which allows me to pick one setting for almost all lighting conditions without needing to adjust it.)

I don't know what version of the 507K you have. I think that the only difference between the first and X2 versions is that they changed the buttons from vertical to horizontal because of a patent dispute. But, if you have the first version, you may want to double check me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

Which optic, dumb ass?

Good to know the potential burglar will be safe.

Quite possible but thanks for the advise.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a Trijicon RMR dot sight and a Streamlight white light on my Glock 40. I added suppresser height Tritium sights, and those co witness with the dot. Makes finding the dot really fast.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have a Trijicon RMR dot sight and a Streamlight white light on my Glock 40. I added suppresser height Tritium sights, and those co witness with the dot. Makes finding the dot really fast.

That has nothing to do with the OP's question.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
My Holosun and weapons light combo does not have the issue you were describing OP. Just like my RMR. Most likely it may simply be an issue of not being overly familiar with the equipment and just needing to spend more time with it is all.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.