24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like it's gonna get pretty windy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More at 10!!!!!!!

BP-B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Geno67
Sea level rise has been negligible. The climate change nonsense is just alarmist bull poop.

Pensacola would be the oldest city in the US instead of St Augustine if a hurricane hadn’t wiped out the colony a year after they arrived. The capital of New France was moved from what is now Biloxi MS to New Orleans because Biloxi kept getting hit by hurricanes. Hurricanes have been regularly hitting the gulf coast for as long as civilized peoples have been there and nothing I’ve seen convinces me there are more of them now than there were then. The climate change nazis never miss a chance to jump up and down in glee whenever a new one hits though.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Buddy in keys is marinading steaks. Says it's getting hard to smoke cigars on the patio because of the wind and rain.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
just because a hurricane with a path like Ian is rare, that does not mean you should just sit back and laugh at it. There are a LOT of variables with a tropical system, and it can/does kill a lot of folks every year. If your preps are in order, and you are not in the major storm surge path, most of the time you will be ok. Prudence and caution are always in order.

Thanks, grandpa.

Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Calm here right now but pissed all day.

In-laws are in North Port.

I told them to stay there and die. Now everybody calling me an ass hole.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Sea level rise has been negligible. The climate change nonsense is just alarmist bull poop.

Pensacola would be the oldest city in the US instead of St Augustine if a hurricane hadn’t wiped out the colony a year after they arrived. The capital of New France was moved from what is now Biloxi MS to New Orleans because Biloxi kept getting hit by hurricanes. Hurricanes have been regularly hitting the gulf coast for as long as civilized peoples have been there and nothing I’ve seen convinces me there are more of them now than there were then. The climate change nazis never miss a chance to jump up and down in glee whenever a new one hits though.

Excellent post.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave

What????

Buncha assholes!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
My girlfriend's pal Myra lives in Venice, about 30 miles south of Tampa Bay. Venice will be hammered.
Shirley just talked to Myra and she will ride it out. Seems like a dumb idea to me.

You're not a Floridian and you've never been through a hurricane.

Damn right!

[Linked Image from lolalambchops.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Dude, climate change has been going on since Earth existed. We had glaciers covering most of North American 15,000 years ago. Obviously warming made them melt. We are still warming. As to what degree humans have on contributing to that warming is up for debate - but the change is real. The climate is changing and has been changing...literally forever. I wouldn't call a 400' drop in sea level during the last ice age negligible. A few millimeters, yes.

My heart goes out to Florida. Natural disasters are can make life suck really fast. Whether it's an earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, mudslide, tsunami...Mother Nature doesn't care about us.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
My girlfriend's pal Myra lives in Venice, about 30 miles south of Tampa Bay. Venice will be hammered.
Shirley just talked to Myra and she will ride it out. Seems like a dumb idea to me.

You're not a Floridian and you've never been through a hurricane.

No I'm not a Floridian and this hurricane is one of the reasons why. However, I did relief work on Andrew near Lafayette, La. We were cutting trees off of people's houses, worked there for a week. And I talked to a dozen people who rode out Andrew and who swore they would never ride out another one.

This ain't no Andrew.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm

Dude, climate change has been going on since Earth existed. We had glaciers covering most of North American 15,000 years ago. Obviously warming made them melt. We are still warming. As to what degree humans have on contributing to that warming is up for debate - but the change is real. The climate is changing and has been changing...literally forever. I wouldn't call a 400' drop in sea level during the last ice age negligible. A few millimeters, yes.

My heart goes out to Florida. Natural disasters are can make life suck really fast. Whether it's an earthquake, forest fire, hurricane, tornado, mudslide, tsunami...Mother Nature doesn't care about us.

Please don't be one of THEM..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Deflave you got a good copy?
I’m hunkered down in a Miami park in the location you sent me too, wrapped up in a tarp, wind is hell on my pellets missed 8 iguanas so far.. not much traffic today so not much for left over food in trash cans. I need to get me a couple iguanas for dinner tonight.

Homeless veteran out

Last edited by 79S; 09/27/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
I’m hunkered down in a Miami park in the location you sent me too, wrapped up in a tarp, wind is hell on my pellets missed 8 iguanas so far.. not much traffic today so not much for left over food in trash cans. I need to get me a couple iguanas for dinner tonight.

Homeless veteran out

You'll be fine.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When Sandy sauntered up the east coast 10 years ago, we shot limits of ducks in Michigan for 3 days. Best duck hunting in at least a decade.

I’ll be in a duck blind hoping for the same when Ian (bruh, kind of a man-bun name for a storm) comes up. However, as a sympathetic gesture to my Florida bros, I will fill my bathtub with water and drink cheap scotch while watching Cantorre piss into the wind on the teevee. Good luck.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had a mini Tropcial Depression here yesterday. Blew 35-40 all day and dumped 3" of rain which caused some landslides and knocked out power for a few - just another late September Day in the Panhandle.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Homeless veteran out

You'll be fine.

That’s a good copy will send you grids on alternate channel..

hV out

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S
That’s a good copy will send you grids on alternate channel..

hV out

I'm schit faced so, whatever.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Galveston Hurricane of 1900 killed 8,000 people and blew Galveston off the map. We didn't have too many cars spewing out CO2 in that year, it was 8 years before the invention of the Model T.

Galveston had been the major port of the Gulf and afterwards they moved the Port 40 miles inland to Houston. Big channels bring ship traffic inland to Houston. Today, Galveston is a bump on the map, compared to what it was in 1899.

Climate Change is a bunch of BS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JeffA
Been shuffling vehicles off the island all morning.

Passed by a dozen gas stations, none had any fuel.

Lots of traffic, people appeared distracted and making stupid moves on the road, more so than usual anyway.

The sun's gone, overcast skies but still a pretty nice day here.

A shower, a few minutes of shutting down and the hound dog and I are jumping in my motorhome and heading inland.

Later..
Where's here?

Ozello, just South of Crystal River.

[Linked Image from yellowmaps.com]

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
681 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 73 invisible), 2,760 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.