Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
So had my transplant aug 23, been a month and of Course still has 16 stitches in left eye, anyone know how long it might take to safely shoot again?
I am right handed so that is my shooting eye, but obviously the left is going along for the ride. smile

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
For something as serious as that I would seek the advice of my ophthalmologist. If the answer is unbearable, I would follow his orders anyway regardless of how much I was itching to shoot.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You might search around some shotgun shooters forums.Shotgun with give you about as much recoil as most shooters will experience.There maybe an eye doctor,that shoots and is familiar with the subject,that can give you some advice.People I've talked to said they waited about two weeks after cataract surgery.Cornea transplant is different.I've seen 8 weeks on that,but I'd seek professional advice.There is an eye doctor that goes by EyeDoc2020 on https://www.longrangehunting.com You might contact him an see what he says about it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
My first post here on the site, but I saw this while skimming. As a recipient of 5 corneas so far over the last 35 years, absolutely check with your surgeon. I've always had my stitches removed, except for this last one that is coming up on a year since the surgery. My surgeon said he would leave them in forever at this point unless one came loose and was causing irritation (they did remove one early on to loosen up an area of tightness). I'm typically very careful for the first three months after the transplant, FWIW. After that I'm usually good to go with anything.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the feedback.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Too bad they don’t allow pistols for hunting up there.
That’s what John Wooters did when he developed detached retina.
If you haven’t picked up archery, it might be the thing to get you back in the woods.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 9 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,406
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.