Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I look over the posts at Old Gobbler and no other hunter there feels the need to come across like you.

That's because Old Gobbler is a moderated site. Shannon monitors the quality of people he allows to be members there.

Don't worry, Glocks. I will GUARANTEE you I've taught more people how to get started in turkey hunting, how to run calls, how to pattern guns, how to kill "tough" gobblers........by a factor of 10........than what anyone else running at the mouth in this discussion has. I got paid to do it.

So, if you're not finding the published articles you're looking for, gimme a call sometime. I'd gladly........and civilly.......give you some pointers for the upcoming seasons.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well there ya go glOcksucker....a mentor

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A decent one, too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And one with a lot of years' experience under his belt.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
All this over an ugly, stupid, shyt eatin bird that ain't worth doodly squat as a trophy or food. Sheesh.
Somebody needs to learn how to cook.
My wife has made her living as a cook and restaurant manager for over 40 years and has won several awards at food shows for her recipes/dishes. I think she knows how to cook. Probably better than anybody here. Wild turkey, particularly the white meat, just isn't very good. There's no doubt it's one of my least favorite wild game/bird meats. It sure as hell ain't no Butterball.
No it isnt, a little work and it's edible, cannot say the same for a store bought bird.

Best place for a Butterball is left in the grocery store. No amount of prep makes a store bought turkey edible, which is why I haven't tasted one in probably 20 years.

Give me a wild turkey breast chuncked up, soaked in butter milk, dredged in an egg/milk bath then seasoned flour or fish fry and into the hot grease.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/27/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bet you could fix the glOcksucker up with one of your junk box calls....teach him about the use of a dA'coy and an enclosed blind.

Heck GlockheAd he might even invite you up and let you shoot one off his back pOrch next spring.....(like you said he did in a pm to me)

Maybe you could let Denise suck your glOck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I want a junk box call, I'll just buy one of yours.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
😂🤣😂🤣😂

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I guess that's why they sell for thousands of dollars.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
All this over an ugly, stupid, shyt eatin bird that ain't worth doodly squat as a trophy or food. Sheesh.
Somebody needs to learn how to cook.
My wife has made her living as a cook and restaurant manager for over 40 years and has won several awards at food shows for her recipes/dishes. I think she knows how to cook. Probably better than anybody here. Wild turkey, particularly the white meat, just isn't very good. There's no doubt it's one of my least favorite wild game/bird meats. It sure as hell ain't no Butterball.
No it isnt, a little work and it's edible, cannot say the same for a store bought bird.

Best place for a Butterball is left in the grocery store. No amount of prep makes a store bought turkey edible, which is why I haven't tasted one in probably 20 years.

Give me a wild turkey breast chuncked up, soaked in butter milk, dredged in an egg/milk bath then seasoned flour or fish fry and into the hot grease.
I doubt there's a damn thing you've ever done with wild turkey that we haven't. We've prepared it exactly that way and it still sucks. You keep telling yourself how good it is. I'll keep feeding it to the dogs where it belongs and putting store bought birds on my thanksgiving table.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LFC

I guess that's why they sell for thousands of dollars.....
Lotta fuggin fools in this world with more money than brains and you'd best be thankful for that. Ain't no turkey call worth thousands of dollars unless it's decorated with thousands of dollars worth of jewels or precious metals.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The worth of pretty much every material thing in this world is driven by the principle of supply/demand and a function of what people will pay for something. If it doesn’t depreciate or, better yet, appreciates in value then it’s pretty hard to argue something isn’t a good investment and worth what you paid for it. I’ve yet to see any fire sales on Frank’s calls.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Do you like it better when Frank's balls are resting on your chin or your forehead ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you like it better when Frank's balls are resting on your chin or your forehead ?

Likely that IS Frank.

Me

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Teal

Likely that IS Frank.
Yeah I know. 19 posts since January and most defending Frank in one way or another. "Sockpuppet" came to mind immediately. He says he's a friend but nobody believes Frank has one of those.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess. In 2012 someone paid over $10,000 for a fossilized turd. He was probably glad to have it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Likely that IS Frank.

Nope.

Notice the complete and correctly spelled sentences.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Likely that IS Frank.

Nope.

LOL, you got a point there.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Likely that IS Frank.

Nope.

Unless of course he's trying to sound like a semi illiterate, inbred, good ol' boy hick when posting under LFC and trying to sound semi intelligent and educated with parents that weren't brother and sister to throw us off when posting as TD5427. You never know. Maybe he's getting his dog or the kid next door to help him with the more intelligent sounding posts.

Page 17 of 20 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,221
Posts18,466,442
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.