Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So the US military allowed you to work a second job overseas employed in a foreign company while serving?

That's interesting Johnny

Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
How deep was the pipeline?
60- 70 meters or about 210 -250ft.
Yeah that not too bad and possible on regular gas, but if it was a diver, my bet it was a rebreather or trimix, considering the bottom time was probably more than a few minutes.
I could do a 230ft for 20min with a Navy table decomp schedule and overstay all the stops by a few minutes on an alum 80.

I always used dual 80s for those dives and a regulator on each tank and swapping out tanks every 1000psi in case a high pressure seat blew or some other thing happened.

Point is there are a lot of actors with the ability to cut those pipelines.

My bet is the lines were blown from the inside but I would not bet much as there are so many possible players.
That depth is 8 atmospheres of pressure and at that pressure a typical aluminum tank would last me like 7 minutes tops.
Originally Posted by deflave
The Air Force would have Article 15ed me for anything below 130ft much less all the singleton dives so writing down dives that would get you issues if your Comand knew always seemd silly.

Anyone who was anyone diving on Okinawa from 85-88 knew who I was and the dive store I worked, Ed's Pro Dive.

The fill stations at Kadena Marina and Tori Station filled my double 62s and double 80s many many times.

This is flat-fugking priceless.

LMFAO

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I predict the loss of a Russian sub in the near future.

Why would the Russians sabotage their leverage with Europe? That makes absolutely no sense.

Tucker is more than likely right… my tongue in cheek “prediction” was directed towards those who have suggested that our pipelines may be subject to a retaliatory strike from Russia…I have no knowledge about our current capabilities of tracking Russian subs, but I’d hazard a guess that it’s a lot better now than it was 40 years ago.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Rest assured, Putin is pissed and will not take this lying down.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Burns is a total idiot, add liar to the mix

He never met a business he couldn't destroy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by steve4102
Rest assured, Putin is pissed and will not take this lying down.
That Norwegian/Polish pipeline is a fat strategic target now.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the many advantages of high end Wizardry is many skill sets.
Diving Wizardry was mastered in Okinawa.
It's called a dive log and nobody diving weekly kept one. I sure did not.
The Air Force would have Article 15ed me for anything below 130ft much less all the singleton dives so writing down dives that would get you issues if your Comand knew always seemd silly.
Anyone who was anyone diving on Okinawa from 85-88 knew who I was and the dive store I worked, Ed's Pro Dive.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
LMAO

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I honestly hope Putin has a cooler head than many in our government. In the short term, blowing this up changes nothing. True it does reduce Russia’s leverage, on the other hand it may demarcate the sides a little. If Russia has little hope that Europe will falter this winter and ask for Russian gas because there is no pipeline to deliver, the incentive for escalation might die down a bit.

If, and that’s a pretty big if, this doesn’t escalate, it’s probably going to boil down to a wrecked Ukraine that continues to suck on the teat of the US, Russia getting the territories it wants, as a Europe nearly as divided as it was in the Cold War with the lines farther East.

The real losers though are going to be Ukraine and Europe. Russia will be fine. The US will be fine. Russia will have gotten what it wants at great price. The US will have bloodied the bear’s nose and freshly subjugated Europe. But everything is going to be much more expensive in Europe. Everything. And it’s industrial clout will be much less. Ukraine will be a wreck and it is unlikely that a future Trump or DeSantis administration elected on the promise of America First will continue to send unlimited cash. So, it will continue to be the poorest state in Europe, only completely destroyed.

In the above scenario look for the US to continue to impoverish Germany and build up Poland. Poland will become the chief US proxy in Europe.

On the other hand, it could escalate greatly. Easily. This is a very dangerous time and we have nuts in control.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I honestly hope Putin has a cooler head than many in our government. In the short term, blowing this up changes nothing. True it does reduce Russia’s leverage, on the other hand it may demarcate the sides a little. If Russia has little hope that Europe will falter this winter and ask for Russian gas because there is no pipeline to deliver, the incentive for escalation might die down a bit.

If, and that’s a pretty big if, this doesn’t escalate, it’s probably going to boil down to a wrecked Ukraine that continues to suck on the teat of the US, Russia getting the territories it wants, as a Europe nearly as divided as it was in the Cold War with the lines farther East.

The real losers though are going to be Ukraine and Europe. Russia will be fine. The US will be fine. Russia will have gotten what it wants at great price. The US will have bloodied the bear’s nose and freshly subjugated Europe. But everything is going to be much more expensive in Europe. Everything. And it’s industrial clout will be much less. Ukraine will be a wreck and it is unlikely that a future Trump or DeSantis administration elected on the promise of America First will continue to send unlimited cash. So, it will continue to be the poorest state in Europe, only completely destroyed.

In the above scenario look for the US to continue to impoverish Germany and build up Poland. Poland will become the chief US proxy in Europe.

On the other hand, it could escalate greatly. Easily. This is a very dangerous time and we have nuts in control.
It’s hard to fathom Poland antagonizing Russia. It certainly hasn’t worked out well in the past. Poland once again setting itself up to be destroyed at the behest of the empire that just transferred from London to Washington.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
One of the many advantages of high end Wizardry is many skill sets.
Diving Wizardry was mastered in Okinawa.
It's called a dive log and nobody diving weekly kept one. I sure did not.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Once a 'diver', now a 'floater'

FJB & FJT
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The Baltic Pipe is a natural gas pipeline under construction between the Norwegian sector of the North Sea and Poland. It is a strategic infrastructure project to create a new gas supply corridor. When completed in January 2023, it will transport natural gas from the North Sea to Poland via Denmark at up to 10 billion cubic metres (350 billion cubic feet) per year.[1] The project is being developed by the Danish gas and electricity transmission system operator Energinet and the Polish gas transmission system operator Gaz-System.[2][3] The project is recognised as a project of common interest of the European Union.[4][2]

Follow the money...Follow the political motives. Russia did not destroy their source of income or leverage. Russians are not stupid. They may or may not have been recently selling gas to Germany but if Europe began shivering this winter they would have cracked the valve open

Even if the Baltic Pipe is not on line yet (projected to be done in January) it's a pretty safe bet that any country that would benefit from it becoming on line and active would do everything in their power to make this happen . It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Baltic Pipe is already operational and the powers involved have waited until now to shut off the competition. They have stepped up their plans from just shutting Nordstream 2 down to cutting off all Nordstream service. Joey turned his handlers hand before the first Soviet troop set foot in Ukeland. The powers behind the scenes are pulling strings in more than one country including US.

The real enemies are the harbingers of the new world order and they are scattered across the world stage pulling strings where needed. Whatever thwarts their efforts has got to be a good thing.

Last edited by okie; 09/28/22.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

It’s hard to fathom Poland antagonizing Russia. It certainly hasn’t worked out well in the past. Poland once again setting itself up to be destroyed at the behest of the empire that just transferred from London to Washington.

The Poles are traditionally a bunch of idiots. They have delusions of a grand empire and they want to go back to 1683 when Jan Sobieski saved Vienna and maybe the whole of Europe from the Turks.

They’re pretty easy to manipulate in that way.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Imagine if instead of Polish people moving all over Europe in search of jobs, Poland could leverage is position of controlling all the pipeline access into Europe and its comparatively cheap labor to bring industries formerly located in Frankfurt and Berlin and so on, a bit farther East. Why, Poland could then use its position between East and West, and its clout as the chief US client state in Europe, to dominate both East and West Europe.

I guarantee you they are having these delusions of grandeur in Warsaw and they are being encouraged.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/28/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by okie
The Baltic Pipe is a natural gas pipeline under construction between the Norwegian sector of the North Sea and Poland. It is a strategic infrastructure project to create a new gas supply corridor. When completed in January 2023, it will transport natural gas from the North Sea to Poland via Denmark at up to 10 billion cubic metres (350 billion cubic feet) per year.[1] The project is being developed by the Danish gas and electricity transmission system operator Energinet and the Polish gas transmission system operator Gaz-System.[2][3] The project is recognised as a project of common interest of the European Union.[4][2]
According to reports, the Baltic Pipe is Now Live.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
By the way, Poland just said Germany owes it $1.32 trillion in war reparations. With NS 1 and 2 down, it now has the power to put the screws to Germany if it doesn’t play ball.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Imagine if instead of Polish people moving all over Europe in search of jobs, Poland could leverage is position of controlling all the pipeline access into Europe and its comparatively cheap labor to bring industries formerly located in Frankfurt and Berlin and so on, a bit farther East. Why, Poland could then use its position between East and West, and its clout as the chief US client state in Europe, to dominate both East and West Europe.

I guarantee you they are having these delusions of grandeur in Warsaw and they are being encouraged.
I can see that fantasy driving the Poles. It could also turn into Poland being ground zero for WWIII. The other problem with that fantasy is that Germany will figure it out eventually and change governments and policies. I’d hate to make the Germans my enemy. Especially if I shared a long border with them. Just eighty years ago they had conquered all of continental Europe and were attacking Moscow. If it weren’t for the industrial might of the USA the Germans would have finished off the British and very likely the Russians. Attacking and Humiliating Germany seemed to motivate them after WWI and set free their inner demon.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

I can see that fantasy driving the Poles. It could also turn into Poland being ground zero for WWIII. The other problem with that fantasy is that Germany will figure it out eventually and change governments and policies. I’d hate to make the Germans my enemy. Especially if I shared a long border with them. Just eighty years ago they had conquered all of continental Europe and were attacking Moscow. If it weren’t for the industrial might of the USA the Germans would have finished off the British and very likely the Russians. Attacking and Humiliating Germany seemed to motivate them after WWI and set free their inner demon.

I once asked one of my professors if Germany would rise again militarily and he scoffed. I asked him why he was so sure. He replied that it never was about Germany, it was about Prussia taking over Germany. Prussia was the military heart of Germany. Prussia has been part of Poland for going on 80 years now and the Prussians all got killed and or evacuated.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/28/22.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

I once asked one of my professors if Germany would rise again militarily and he scoffed. I asked him why he was so sure. He replied that it never was about Germany, it was about Prussia taking over Germany. Prussia was the military heart of Germany. Prussia has been part of Poland for going on 80 years now and the Prussians all got killed and or evacuated.
This was written back in February
https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/the-crisis-in-ukraine-is-not-about-ukraine-its-about-germany/

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
https://www.eugyppius.com/p/nord-stream-attack-updates?utm_source=email

Nord Stream Attack Updates

United States complicity seems increasingly to be an open secret.

eugyppius
48 min ago

oil slick NordStream 2. Photo Forsvaret released
Radosław Sikorski, MEP, former Polish defence minister and husband of well-connected neoconservative intellectual Anne Appelbaum, has publicly thanked the United States for attacking the Nord Stream pipelines.

Jim Geraghty, senior political correspondent for the American political journal National Review, has also praised the attacks in a brief column under the headline “Who Will Rid Me of This Meddlesome Pipeline?” He’s been arguing about the importance of taking Nord Stream 2 offline since February, and suggests that the present attacks reflect his influence.

The biggest detail to break since I went to sleep yesterday, is this claim made by an anonymous intelligence source to Der Spiegel, that the CIA had warned Germany of Baltic pipeline attacks over the summer:

The United States warned the German government weeks ago of possible attacks on gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea. According to information from SPIEGEL, a corresponding tip from the US intelligence service CIA was received in Berlin in the summer.

Several persons familiar with the matter confirmed this. …

Even before the invasion of Ukraine, Nato partners had repeatedly pointed to suspicious activities of Russian ships over nodes of the underwater networks.

However, an initial analysis of satellite images from the area of the incidents showed only inconspicuous ship traffic at first glance, security circles said.

The Tagesspiegel has a longer piece today trying to come up with a plausible motive for Russia. They imagine that a Russian attack might have had the purpose of allowing Gazprom to escape contractual requirements to deliver gas through Nord Stream 1, thus driving European energy prices higher. Alternatively, they propose it might’ve been a ruse to circumvent sanctions for the repair of the pipeline. To even retype these theses is to reveal their infirmity.

The damage is expected to be extensive, and the gas will probably continue to vent for up to two weeks. The company that operates Nord Stream 1 has not ruled out a repair attempt. Nord Stream 2 AG spokesman Ulrich Lissek told NDR that images of the venting gas suggest that “the structural integrity of the pipeline must be massively damaged.”

Meanwhile, the German and EU officials have promised to get to the bottom of this and threatened the saboteur with sanctions.

For more, see the updates to yesterday’s post.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Crisis in Ukraine Is Not About Ukraine. It's About Germany
MIKE WHITNEY • FEBRUARY 11, 2022 • 1,700 WORDS • 734 COMMENTS • REPLY
Tweet
Reddit
Email
Print
More
664 SHARES
Search Text RSS Share to Gab

“The primordial interest of the United States, over which for centuries we have fought wars– the First, the Second and Cold Wars– has been the relationship between Germany and Russia, because united there, they’re the only force that could threaten us. And to make sure that that doesn’t happen.” George Friedman, STRATFOR CEO at The Chicago Council on Foreign Affairs

The Ukrainian crisis has nothing to do with Ukraine. It’s about Germany and, in particular, a pipeline that connects Germany to Russia called Nord Stream 2. Washington sees the pipeline as a threat to its primacy in Europe and has tried to sabotage the project at every turn. Even so, Nord Stream has pushed ahead and is now fully-operational and ready-to-go. Once German regulators provide the final certification, the gas deliveries will begin. German homeowners and businesses will have a reliable source of clean and inexpensive energy while Russia will see a significant boost to their gas revenues. It’s a win-win situation for both parties.

The US Foreign Policy establishment is not happy about these developments. They don’t want Germany to become more dependent on Russian gas because commerce builds trust and trust leads to the expansion of trade. As relations grow warmer, more trade barriers are lifted, regulations are eased, travel and tourism increase, and a new security architecture evolves. In a world where Germany and Russia are friends and trading partners, there is no need for US military bases, no need for expensive US-made weapons and missile systems, and no need for NATO. There’s also no need to transact energy deals in US Dollars or to stockpile US Treasuries to balance accounts. Transactions between business partners can be conducted in their own currencies which is bound to precipitate a sharp decline in the value of the dollar and a dramatic shift in economic power. This is why the Biden administration opposes Nord Stream. It’s not just a pipeline, it’s a window into the future; a future in which Europe and Asia are drawn closer together into a massive free trade zone that increases their mutual power and prosperity while leaving the US on the outside looking in. Warmer relations between Germany and Russia signal an end to the “unipolar” world order the US has overseen for the last 75 years. A German-Russo alliance threatens to hasten the decline of the Superpower that is presently inching closer to the abyss. This is why Washington is determined to do everything it can to sabotage Nord Stream and keep Germany within its orbit. It’s a matter of survival.

That’s where Ukraine comes into the picture. Ukraine is Washington’s ‘weapon of choice’ for torpedoing Nord Stream and putting a wedge between Germany and Russia. The strategy is taken from page one of the US Foreign Policy Handbook under the rubric: Divide and Rule. Washington needs to create the perception that Russia poses a security threat to Europe. That’s the goal. They need to show that Putin is a bloodthirsty aggressor with a hair-trigger temper who cannot be trusted. To that end, the media has been given the assignment of reiterating over and over again, “Russia is planning to invade Ukraine.” What’s left unsaid is that Russia has not invaded any country since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, and that the US has invaded or toppled regimes in more than 50 countries in the same period of time, and that the US maintains over 800 military bases in countries around the world. None of this is reported by the media, instead the focus is on “evil Putin” who has amassed an estimated 100,000 troops along the Ukrainian border threatening to plunge all of Europe into another bloody war.

All of the hysterical war propaganda is created with the intention of manufacturing a crisis that can be used to isolate, demonize and, ultimately, splinter Russia into smaller units. The real target, however, is not Russia, but Germany. Check out this excerpt from an article by Michael Hudson at The Unz Review:

“The only way left for U.S. diplomats to block European purchases is to goad Russia into a military response and then claim that avenging this response outweighs any purely national economic interest. As hawkish Under-Secretary of State for Political Affairs, Victoria Nuland, explained in a State Department press briefing on January 27: “If Russia invades Ukraine one way or another Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.” (“America’s Real Adversaries Are Its European and Other Allies”, The Unz Review)

There it is in black and white. The Biden team wants to “goad Russia into a military response” in order to sabotage NordStream. That implies there will be some kind of provocation designed to induce Putin to send his troops across the border to defend the ethnic Russians in the eastern part of the country. If Putin takes the bait, the response would be swift and harsh. The media will excoriate the action as a threat to all of Europe while leaders around the world will denounce Putin as the “new Hitler”. This is Washington’s strategy in a nutshell, and the whole production is being orchestrated with one goal in mind; to make it politically impossible for the German Chancellor Olaf Scholz to wave NordStream through the final approval process.

Given what we know about Washington’s opposition to Nord Stream, readers may wonder why earlier in the year the Biden administration lobbied Congress NOT to impose more sanctions on the project. The answer to that question is simple: Domestic politics. Germany is currently decommissioning its nuclear power plants and needs natural gas to make up for the energy shortfall. Also, the threat of economic sanctions is a “turn-off” for Germans who see them as a sign of foreign meddling. “Why is the United States interfering in our energy decisions,” asks the average German. “Washington should mind its own business and stay out of ours.” This is precisely the response one would expect from any reasonable person.

Then, there’s this from Al Jazeera:

“Germans in the majority support the project, it is only parts of the elite and media who are against the pipeline…

“The more the US talks about sanctioning or criticizes the project, the more it becomes popular in German society,” said Stefan Meister, a Russia and eastern Europe expert at the German Council on Foreign Relations.” (“Nord Stream 2: Why Russia’s pipeline to Europe divides the West”, AlJazeera)

So, public opinion is solidly behind Nord Stream which helps to explain why Washington settled on a new approach. Sanctions are not going to work, so Uncle Sam has flipped to Plan B: Create a big enough external threat that Germany will be forced to block the opening of the pipeline. Frankly, the strategy smacks of desperation, but you have to be impressed by Washington’s perseverance. They might be down by 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th, but they haven’t thrown in the towel just yet. They’re going to give it one last shot and see if they can make some headway.

On Monday, President Biden held his first joint-press conference with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz at the White House. The ballyhoo surrounding the event was simply unprecedented. Everything was orchestrated to manufacture a “crisis atmosphere” that Biden used to pressure the chancellor in the direction of US policy. Earlier in the week, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki repeatedly said that a “Russian invasion was imminent.” Her comments were followed by State Department flak Nick Price opining that the Intel agencies had provided him with details of an alleged Russian-backed “false flag” operation they expected to take place in the near future in east Ukraine. Price’s warning was followed on Sunday morning by national security advisor Jake Sullivan claiming that a Russian invasion could happen at any time maybe “even tomorrow.” This was just days after Bloomberg News agency had published its sensational and utterly-false headline that “Russia Invades Ukraine”.

Can you see the pattern here? Can you see how these baseless claims were all used to apply pressure to the unsuspecting German chancellor who seemed oblivious to the campaign that was aimed at him?

As one might expect, the final blow was delivered by the American president himself. During the press conference Biden stated emphatically that,

“If Russia invades … there will no longer [be] a Nord Stream 2.. We will bring an end to it.”

So, now Washington sets policy for Germany???

What insufferable arrogance!

The German chancellor was taken aback by Biden’s comments which clearly were not part of the original script. Even so, Scholz never agreed to cancel Nord Stream and refused to even mention the pipeline by name. If Biden thought he could sandbag the leader of the world’s third biggest economy by cornering him in a public forum, he guessed wrong. Germany remains committed to launching Nord Stream regardless of potential flare-ups in far-flung Ukraine. But that could change at any time. After all, who knows what incitements Washington might be planning in the near future? Who knows how many lives they are prepared to sacrifice in order to put a wedge between Germany and Russia? Who knows what risks Biden is willing to take to slow America’s decline and prevent a new “polycentric” world order from emerging? Anything could happen in the weeks ahead. Anything.

For now, Germany is in the catbird seat. It’s up to Scholz to decide how the matter will be settled. Will he implement the policy that best serves the interests of the German people or will he cave in to Biden’s relentless arm twisting? Will he chart a new course that strengthens new alliances in the bustling Eurasian corridor or will he throw his support behind Washington’s crazed geopolitical ambitions? Will he accept Germany’s pivotal role in a new world order— in which many emerging centers of power share equally in global governance and where the leadership remains unflinchingly committed to multilateralism, peaceful development and security for all– or will he try to prop up the tattered post-War system that has clearly outlived its shelf-life?

One thing is certain; whatever Germany decides is bound to affect us all.

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,761 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.